It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran makes arrests in killing of nuclear scientist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
US & Israel denies involvement in this killling,

Iran denies moving towards the creation of a nuclear weapon,

who to believe, who to believe...let's look at the truth map for a moment.

America claims it needs to invade Iraq because of WMD's. - False.

Iran claims it is enriching uranium legally and under supervision of the IAEA - True.

i'm sold!

link   

Originally posted by Brasov

Originally posted by Gorman91

I would bet they are innocent people of the crime but enemies of the state.

These men will die to exclaim justice, when there is none.

I have more faith in Iran's than in the US justice system... unlimited detention without charges, not even Pol Pot!
edit on 16-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

LOL! Considering Iran has already executed 43 people this year...and what day is this...the 16th?? LOL!

EA: Ooops! I spoke prematurely. That was yesterdays number. As of this afternoon that number went up to 54!
edit on 16-1-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 16-1-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

LOL! Considering Iran has already executed 43 people this year...and what day is this...the 16th?? LOL!

2nd.

If you care about your terrorists' lives just stop sending them in. Easy!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
US & Israel denies involvement in this killling,

Iran denies moving towards the creation of a nuclear weapon,

who to believe, who to believe...let's look at the truth map for a moment.

America claims it needs to invade Iraq because of WMD's. - False.

Iran claims it is enriching uranium legally and under supervision of the IAEA - True.

i'm sold!

Exactly.

Additionally... who's playing "defend the homeland" and who plays "give me control of your country"?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i know there's a lot of opinions flying around but what interested me was the method used, i've only just googled it so don't know if any info has been uncovered before, but it's very clear that many Iranian scientists have died from the exact same method, it seems almost the "standard" way of dealing with them.Because, it's gone on for a long time surely some info has come out, i've never read the history so have no idea right now, but it is very interesting:

Seems like a lot of the deaths are inked into the same programme,

here is a key point to consider IF it is true:

"In November 2010, a pair of back-to-back bomb attacks in different parts of the capital killed one nuclear scientist and wounded another.

The slain scientist, Majid Shahriari, was a member of the nuclear engineering faculty at Shahid Beheshti University in Tehran and co-operated with the Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran.

Wednesday's attack in Tehran resembled earlier killings of scientists linked to the nuclear programme [Reuters]
The wounded scientist, Fereidoun Abbasi, was almost immediately appointed head of Iran's atomic agency."

if a survivor of one of these attack was really made head of Iran's atomic agency very quickly after he survived, then it would point more to Iran, because obviously they gave him that position to keep him quiet"

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I have to take you up on that statement. The marine that is in custody is a local here. I have a good friend that dated Amir.

He was a marine and was under contract for a while, as a linguist. Do you honestly think they sent a spy in, that could be tracked to our military? That would be tantamount to sending in an ex blackwater employee.

He was one of the "good guys" He was schooling troops on Eastern culture...
His visit to his grandma was legit. He is being used as political leverage.

Iran did exactly what you would expect any counter intelligence agency would do. They checked his back ground. To think they let him travel as a spy, with his natural papers is ludicrous!!!

Do I think we have spies in Iran... of course!
BUT, Amir Hekmati is NOT a spy. Word around here is, they threatened to kill his family living in Iran if he didn't admit to the charges.

They immediately found his military ID card, and the conspiracy grew from there...

You seem to be pretty good at research.. Please research this before you drag Amir's name through the mud.

edit on 16-1-2012 by Shermanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shermanator

He was a marine and was under contract for a while, as a linguist. Do you honestly think they sent a spy in, that could be tracked to our military? That would be tantamount to sending in an ex blackwater employee.

You seem to believe the U.S. has many people to choose from for terrorist missions in Iran. You just sent what you could find.

Besides, he confessed very calm and collected to the cameras. No signs of stress or pressure were visible in him.

Originally posted by Shermanator

He was one of the "good guys" He was schooling troops on Eastern culture..

Wow! now training spies is "cultural exchange"... what an utter ridiculous alibi.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Again, yes I fail to see the basis of such freehand translation of yours.

Stating facts isn't 'freehand translation'.

credible source of your assumptions

Not assumptions. FACTS. No matter how you try to spin it otherwise. You are misusing the english language. You can start educating yourself with these ... More are easily found ... Since you can't (or won't ) feed yourself truth and information ...'ll spoon feed them to you.

Human Rights and Democracy for Iran - Human Rights Violations in Iran
The 1988 Massacre of Political Prisoners in Iran - A quest for Justice
1988 executions of Iranian Political Prisoners
Interview with Iranian Poltiical Prisoner
Iran executes 5 poltiical prisoners - Amnesty International

Amnesty International on Tuesday condemned the executions in Iran of four Kurdish political activists and another Iranian man, all convicted of "moharebeh" (enmity against God).

The four Kurds – Farzad Kamangar, Ali Heydarian, Farhad Vakili, Shirin Alam-Holi - along with Mehdi Eslamian, were hanged on Sunday, 9 May at Evin prison in Tehran. The five were accused of "enmity against God" for carrying out "terrorist acts" and convicted of this vaguely worded charge which can carry the death penalty and is usually applied to those who take up arms against the state.

"We condemn these executions which were carried out without any prior warning. Despite the serious accusations against them, the five were denied fair trials. Three of the defendants were tortured and two forced to 'confess' under duress," said Malcolm Smart, Amnesty International's Director for the Middle East and North Africa.

"They were then executed in violation of Iranian law, which requires the authorities to notify prisoners' lawyers.in advance before carrying out executions."

'Enmity against God" .... :shk: Gawd, set the calendar back a thousand years!

Surge of Secret Executions for Drug Offenses in Iran Must End - Amnesty International

Hand and Foot Amputation in Shiraz: A Man’s Foot and Another Man’s Hand Were Amputated for Alleged Robberies

International Human Rights Organizations' Reports on Human Rights Abuses in Iran

Human Rights in Iran - Iranian Human Rights Abuses

Speech, Press, and Assembly: Free speech, as such, does not exist in Iran. Human rights activists and other perceived agitators are sometimes subject to beatings, arrests, torture, and disappearance.

Religious Expression: The Islamic Republic of Iran is a religious institution with no secular concept of law. Those who convert from Islam to another faith may face execution for apostasy. Religious minorities are routinely subject to widespread persecution.

Women's Rights: In Iran, women can vote and run for Parliament and are not prohibited from traveling freely, but they are also subject to police beatings and torture for violating perceived social norms, are not protected from domestic violence, and are discriminated against in other subtle ways (such as inheritance law

Iran Bans National Geographic Publications
Iran: Academic Sentenced to 5 Years Jail
Philosopher is Enemy of the State in Iran

Abdolkarim Soroush is on of Iran's best-known intellectuals - and he is also considered an enemy of the state in Iran because of his ideas regarding the relationship between religion, government, and science. According to Soroush, science cannot progress very well or very far under totalitarian regimes - more interestingly, perhaps, is the his addition that this is an Islamic, not a Western, perspective.

Iranian boy l ashed for breaking ramadan fast .. he died
Victims of Iranian 'Justice'

There is no room in revolutionary courts for defense lawyers because they keep quoting laws to play for time."

edit on 1/16/2012 by FlyersFan because: added last link

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Why not? The nationality of a killer doesn't say anything about who ordered the murder and paid for it.

The countries that profit the most from a dead iranian nuclear scientist are the more likely culprits: the JEWSA.

I suppose they will have a Westerner,with a CIA shirt on,holding up two very large magnets next to a motorcycle,that they claimed they hacked,and remotely controlled back across the border,after his daring escape.

Cant wait for the still pictures,and video of this.

Have any of you who are speculating on what it takes to commit an act like this, ever actually had to do anything considered close?

Its easy to watch Mission Impossible and say oh it takes 30 people! Or they had to be this or that blah blah blah

I personally know people who have had to answer the call of duty at a moments notice, be given a picture and dossier, and told they would be dropped behind enermy lines. When you take an assignment like this, you sign your life away. If you are ever caught, the govt will deny any knowledge of you and will not offer any help or rescue.

All it takes to do something like what happened in Iran is one man or woman, a magnet, a motorcycle, and some wits of steel.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

www.iranrights.org...

You only source us iranianrights.org... let's see who owns it:

IRANRIGHTS.ORG: About the Foundation

The Abdorrahman Boroumand Foundation receives approximately 50% of its support from private U.S. foundations, 34% of its support from private European foundations, and 16% of its funding from the National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a private non-governmental organization (NGO), which, though funded by the US Congress, is governed by an independent, nonpartisan board of directors.

you're citing a U.S propaganda outlet paid by the U.S. government as they admit in their website.

So ALL YOUR CLAIMS are fabrications paid by the enemies of Iran with NO INDEPENDENT CONFIRMATION whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Here is an interesting spin on who may have been killing the Iranian scientists. Some think Israel is to blame. Is this true or not? I personally don't know.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
They found some poor souls to take the blame.
I smell a cover up!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

So your claims have the credibility of just more fabrications paid by the enemies of Iran.

WRONG AGAIN. And just more spin on your part. It is NOT put out by the US Govt.
The link is VERY clear about that. Your spin is pathetic.
Those links were up all of 3 minutes when you posted that nonsense.
You didn't read. You didn't educate yourself on how Iran operates.
Shame on you. Why are you even pretending to engage in truth seeking?

Besides, he confessed very calm and collected to the cameras. No signs of stress or pressure were visible in him.

Drugs and torture will do that to a person.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

WRONG AGAIN. And just more spin on your part. It is NOT put out by the US Govt.

You're having a hard time spinning the admission: "PAID BY THE U.S. CONGRESS" from their web site.

When you follow the money of that foundation it ends all the way up the White Whore House after two clicks... what a crock!

You 're the most partisan poster here, you and your U.S. sources have no credibility at all.

Drugs and torture will do that to a person.

Who would know more about torture than the owners of Guantanamo adn the CIA?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Your hate is blinding you... Why would he have his damn military ID? Really? Maybe he should have wore an FBI hat and hoodie too? Did you hear he had an assistant that would play the James Bond music on a boom box, every time he walked into the room?

Use your critical thinking skills. I understand your stance on the US and Israel. I completely understand where you are coming from.... BUT, while your tossing around accusations around, like the fact flinging king, at least have the intelligence to understand, you can't be right all the time.

Amir was visiting relatives, nothing more, nothing less!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
My, my, my...hasn't this thread brought out the nuts and the deflectors.

Yes, I'm seeing some insane hugg'n on the totalitarian government of Iran going on.

Israel has been doing most of the tub-thumping

Sure. Could be Israel. But they are usually much better with their assassinations.

Iran doing it to themselves? Puleeeze. That's just dumb.

They aren't capable and don't have a track record of it? Puleeeze. That's just dumb.

Iran will extract false testimony by torture? Really?

Happens with them all the time. Read the links. Google up information from innocent people who have been jailed and been falsely called 'spies' by the Iranian government.

Iranian nut jobs? How about those GOP-based evangelicals that are supporters of Israel in order to hasten the Apocalypse, and so by grease their way into Paradise? Is that any saner than bringing on the 12th Mahdi?

Those GOP based evangelicals aren't in a position to be able to pull this off. However, the insane leadership of Iran definately IS. And Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has been very vocal about wanting a world war so his imaginary 12th Imam can come floating in (with Jesus as his side kick) and make the entire world islamic.

It could have been the USA. It could have been Israel. It could have been Saudi Arabia. It could have been Iran. It could have been any one of the dozens of countries or groups that don't want the nutters in Iran to have nukes. There are a lot of 'it could have been' entities ... and we will probably never know for sure who it was.

In the mean time .. Iran uses this event to, once again, go out and arrest innocent people and torture them into confessions of 'spying for the cia'. It's right out of 1984. SURVIVORS HAVE TESTIFIED .. the evidence that they do this is plentiful.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Sure. Could be Israel. But they are usually much better with their assassinations.

Really? what went wrong here according to your biased view?

At least you admit Israel is involved in assassinations worldwide... that's a beginning.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Of course they are. I would wager, that there isn't a country in existence that hasn't used assasination in some form.

It just happens that the US and Israel are the best at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join