It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran makes arrests in killing of nuclear scientist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

You are the dead horse. Find something productive to add to this thread! Please!

Sorry if dismantling your propaganda has made you feel unproductive again!

My condoleances to your boss!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Such hostility. Sad.
Please, meet each other at the bike rack after school.

Now, is anyone willing to step back from their favorite bit of bias on any side, step back further, and take a look at all the players involved?

There's US & UK, Israel, Iran. Then, we've got other names like China, Russia, Syria, and others waiting in the wings. Who else?
What does each party have to gain/lose out of escalating a conflict?

China's been dumping lots of money into Africa, and working out it's own plans on the world stage, and if the big bad US gets tied up in yet another war, well, it might give China so leeway and liberties where no one's really looking, and hey, they might even be able to snag back Taiwan in the bargain.

What would Machiavelli do?

Does Iran have anything to gain by playing the victim card and losing a scientist? By playing victim on purpose do they get stronger support/protection from other nations like Russia?

Examine the issue from all sides, even the ridiculous ones. Step back from your pet accusations and try looking at the bigger picture around the whole planet and what other things are going on.

If I wanted to do something sneaky, but illegal, I'd try orchestrating something to tie up law enforcement elsewhere while I sneak off a caper somewhere else.
In this situation, the US (and friends) are the cops.
If US and friends gets tied up, who elsewhere on the planet could exploit that dedication of resources?

Sure, it's highly speculative, but, how often are things really what they seem in the general media, or world politics?

Look at the bigger picture.

link   

link   

ATTENTION!!!!

Reading the last several posts, I didnt know the topic of t his thread was

Iran makes arrests in killing of nuclear scientist

Please take a deep breath, and post about the topic only.

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Brasov, I appreciate and agree with the things you're saying but the usual "gang" are attempting to get this thread closed due to uncivility.

This is to be expected from the brainwashed people who do this, it happens every time I start a thread that contains subject matter that is considered embarrassing to the West and its war mongers.

Let's try not to get drawn into their childish games as they are clearly upset about recent developments in the Middle East that prove GI Joe isn't really an American hero.

They are so sure of themselves that they choose to ignore the facts while they flood our threads with tabloid propaganda.

I'm currently searching for updates on the situation and will post them as they become available.

Keep up the good work!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

The USA does appear to be making strategic moves, like sending 12,000 soldiers to Libya, and 15,000 soldiers tio Kuwaut, along with military aircraft, and another Aircraft carrier fleet to the Gulf of Hormuz. Also, the USA is supplying South Sudan (I think it was) with money and weaponry (most probably a missile defence system in the future also, i read). Very strange.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ok lemme get this straight. Some dudes on a motorcycle planted a bomb on a nuclear scientists car in broad daylight in front of God and everybody so that everyone could see who they were.

Now Iran is claiming they have made arrests on these so called "terrorists" who are thought to possibly be mousad.

I am amazed at Israel's lack of military and black ops training

Who does this in broad day light where they leave dozens of witnesses? You can find better black ops training in a cereal box.

I think it's far more plausible that the mullah's who want war with Israel got one of their jihadist buddies to stage this crap and then he has a severe lack of being able to disappear off the map and lets himself purposely get caught, and a jihadist who is piss poor when it comes to making something look like an act of war.

This story sounds more and more made up everyday.
edit on 16-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Temporarily closed to allow members to read the following:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Reopening......please post civilly and on topic.
edit on Mon Jan 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I highly doubt, if it were Mossad agents, that they would still be in the country. I had the pleasure of meeting a few Mossad agents (I will not say where or when as it may still violate OPSEC) and I tell you what...

They are very well trained and would never allow themselves to be captured by Iran (alive at least)

So Iran has detained and is currently interrogating it's own citizens. Big surprise there. If you torture someone long and hard enough, they will tell you anything you want to hear. This is propaganda being spewed by Iran to show the world they have a "set"

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Ok lemme get this straight. Some dudes on a motorcycle planted a bomb on a nuclear scientists car in broad daylight in front of God and everybody so that everyone could see who they were.

Now Iran is claiming they have made arrests on these so called "terrorists" who are thought to possibly be mousad.

I am amazed at Israel's lack of military and black ops training

The lack of military training of israelis was exposed during the last invasion of Lebanon.

However, the scientist was murdered in the early morning, so it didn' t happen in broad daylight as you pretend:

www.presstv.ir...

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!
edit on 16-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
If Iran was smart how come they didn't just have North Korea bring them a nuke aboard a submarine?

Many countries used 3rd parties to help build/get their nukes.

Unless they only had a civilian nuclear need......

Well how does anyone know for sure they haven't ?

How do we know for sure Iran does not have a side agreement with somebody who may have some of those old USSR missing nukes ?

They could "launch" from outside Iran. Then what ?

I think the whole deal of this most recent scientist may be fabricated.

I have not seen any genuine proof that the guy was even killed at all.

The Iranian M$M's could be in koohuutz with all the other M$M's for all I know.

The whole thing could be just another political fable.

The Christian/Hebrew/banker/corporate fanatics are just as nuts as anybody else, especially if they have "inside" help. And they may not even be religious !

Iran has been sending too much money to Western investments to convince me that their leaderships are genuine Muslims.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

I'm surprised by the faith some people put in "secret services/special forces". Sure they get much more vigorous training than the average Joe, but they are only human and can make mistakes too.

Perhaps their plan was to get out right away but maybe something didn't go according to plan and were not able to reach the extraction point. The possibilities of what could have went wrong are endless...

Even the most experienced assassin cannot always control the stimuli and variables that will occur. Whoever did this probably had a plan but plans are known to change for various reasons.

Anyone remember that American CIA operative in Pakistan who killed someone?

I'm sure his situation didn't go according to plan. He's proof that mistakes happen.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
If Iran was smart how come they didn't just have North Korea bring them a nuke aboard a submarine?

Many countries used 3rd parties to help build/get their nukes.

Unless they only had a civilian nuclear need......

Iran already has nukes dude, that's the whole thing lol

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
www.usatoday.com

Ali Larijani, speaker of the Iranian parliament, said the suspects are being interrogated, and the investigation is continuing.

Which translated into reality says - we are rounding up those who don't do what the government says they should, and we are in the process of torturing them until they 'confess' to whatever we want them to confess to. :shk:

Iran does this all the time. No surprise.

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I know some of you think Iran killed this scientist, but I'm not buying that ridiculous story and feel sorry for anyone who actually believes it.

I feel sorry for anyone who believes what the totalitarian government of Iran says.
I feel sorry for anyone who believes Iran is incapable of killing off one of it's own.
I feel sorry for anyone who believes Iran is incapable of using that death as poltiical capital around the world.
I feel sorry for anyone who believes Iran is not trumping up charges against it's own people and using
the death of the scientist as that excuse.

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Notice how they jump in right away claiming Iran killed the scientist and also ridicule anyone who thinks it might be a Mossad/CIA operation?

You got that backwards.

Notice how YOU jumped in right away with the opening post .. calling the possibility that Iran off'd it's own guy 'ridiculous' and saying that you 'felt sorry' for those who believed it. You'd best be looking in the mirror when you complain about 'jumping in right away with ridicule'.
edit on 1/16/2012 by FlyersFan because: Fixed quote

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
www.usatoday.com

Ali Larijani, speaker of the Iranian parliament, said the suspects are being interrogated, and the investigation is continuing.

Which translated into reality says - we are rounding up those who don't do what the government says they should, and we are in the process of torturing them until they 'confess' to whatever we want them to confess to. :shk:

I fail to see the basis of such freehand translation of yours... can you elaborate?

The words used by Iran are exactly the same as the words used by the US in similar cases. The main difference is the US shoots/bombs "suspects" first and asks the questions later.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Iran does this all the time. No surprise.

And your evidence would be...????
edit on 16-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

On this site, many (most) think Bush planned 9/11.

Please dude, Bush had to wear Velcro shoes, he couldn't figure out how to tie the laces.

Cheney and Rumsfield were the main figureheads behind 911, CIA did the planning.

Now you have learned something today.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I am one of the them that think [as a theory] that Iran did it, as for as being valid why is this coming from a web site and not the english.farsnews.com... for it was a real new story would Iran not be making this front page news? to me it is nothing more than US /western slamming BS

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join