It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black History Month: Very Important for EVERYONE!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhettoRice

I still love Mr. Freeman's response to this topic.

Genius.
edit on 16-1-2012 by GhettoRice because: (no reason given)

Makes sense there should be recognition of the mistakes made in the past so the mistakes are not made again BY ANOTHER RACE. On topic that is a good documentary about how the Party, "some" where trying to provide soup kitchens - blood related medical post for sickle cell and diabetes and day cares for hard working parents or substance abuse parents. When the Party was eliminated the areas where they were strong had power vacuums and the gangs took over from there. Its sad because they party would take from drug dealers and destroy the drugs and keep the money taken from the hood in the hood to build it up. And now you got the hoods now as capitals for drugs guns and ethnic suppression, sad. It bothered me more how HUEY went out or was set up..
edit on 1/16/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
I had no idea this was black history month.

When is white history month?

It is February. I guess I apologize for not posting in the "correct" month. Cool avatar BTW. I just thought this topic and the video would be relevant to February. If you think it is illegitimate I will concede, but at least watch the vid. You won't be disappointed. There is a lot of good information which I think is pertinent to ATS. We explore all topics right?

Pre-emptoflamage: I was referring to black history month as being February.
edit on 16-1-2012 by hooberson3 because: Pre-emptoflamage

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by GhettoRice

I still love Mr. Freeman's response to this topic.

Genius.
edit on 16-1-2012 by GhettoRice because: (no reason given)

Makes sense there should be recognition of the mistakes made in the past so the mistakes are not made again BY ANOTHER RACE. On topic that is a good documentary about how the Party, "some" where trying to provide soup kitchens - blood related medical post for sickle cell and diabetes and day cares for hard working parents or substance abuse parents. When the Party was eliminated the areas where they were strong had power vacuums and the gangs took over from there. Its sad because they party would take from drug dealers and destroy the drugs and keep the money taken from the hood in the hood to build it up. And now you got the hoods now as capitals for drugs guns and ethnic suppression, sad. It bothered me more how HUEY went out or was set up..
edit on 1/16/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

I'm glad you watched it, which is what my original post was asking. After you watch it, you will understand but I also understand that most people have a 30 second attention span. No disrespect to all of you but that is just how it is, myself included most of the time.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooberson3

It is February. I guess I apologize for not posting in the "correct" month. Cool avatar BTW. I just thought this topic and the video would be relevant to February. If you think it is illegitimate I will concede, but at least watch the vid. You won't be disappointed. There is a lot of good information which I think is pertinent to ATS. We explore all topics right?

Pre-emptoflamage: I was referring to black history month as being February.
edit on 16-1-2012 by hooberson3 because: Pre-emptoflamage

Ahhh...I see...next month...okay!

First off I am not a bigot..but I am not a fan of black history being celebrated either.

Granted it is an important part of history...but I think it has been over done in the last 50 years.

Blacks were persecuted...blacks were abused...mistreated...excluded...passed over, etc...and I get that...but MLK day...black history month, etc...I just don't want to hear anymore about it!

It's 2012...now who is the minority and who is the oppressed?

ETA: I did watch the video!

edit on 16-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Every month is white history month.
I understand some of the negativity, but its amazing to me that so many people are ignorant of the roles black people have played in our collective history.

If it helps just a little, and more people know that the Royal Navy comprised something like 15% black sailors at the battle of Trafalgar, and the army held a similar proportion through the peninsular campaign and beyond. Then its worth it, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hooberson3

I agree as well, being white myself it might be harder to understand the issue from Personal experience. I feel that one of the best things we can do is when the topic does come up talk about it like concious adults instead of using the token history month that is used more for the former oppressors guilt than the oppressed anger about the situation.

P.s, not the best reply (at work on the phone I front of a live 347v panel

top topics

<< 1   >>

join