It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Nakshatram is presently indicated by the Sapta Rishis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
...today?... i think, its the eight-petalled heart-chakra of the whole planet, of this tera
somwhere in there anyway, today..

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
the heart-chakra ..as loka(world)

oldthoughts.wordpress.com...
"As you can see in the image below, different nakshatra-pairs of the Saptarishis indicate different nakshatras. In the picture below, you can see that, today, it is not alpha and beta, but gamma and delta that point to Regulus or Makha Nakshatram, today."

12 = 4 + 8
from mars www.sathyasai.org...
"These seven sets of qualities are recognized by both Theravada and Mahayana Buddhists as complementary facets of the Buddhist Path to Enlightenment.[3]" en.wikipedia.org...
"A rishi, being a “seer” looks inside, and from the inside out …"
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...(set_theory)
en.wikipedia.org...(Buddhism)
" Sankranthi, meaning 'sacred change', occurs every month as the Sun moves from one house of the Zodiac to another. But special sacredness attaches to the movement of the Sun to Capricorn (Makara-Sankranthi).
.... When the Sun enters the sign of Capricorn, he begins his northward motion. The sun shines in every human body illuminating the six chakras (spiritual centres in the body). Of these chakras, two are most important: the heart (hridaya) chakra and the crown chakra (sahasrara chakra). The heart chakra has eight petals. God is the Lord of the eight-petaled heart chakra. These eight petals are regarded as eight consorts of the Lord. In this context, the Lord is adored in the form of the Sun. The world cannot survive without the Sun. The solar system is derived from the Sun. Hence, the Sun is worshipped as divine. "
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...(Buddhism)
The Immortals are:
Immortal Woman He (He Xiangu),
Royal Uncle Cao (Cao Guojiu),
Iron-Crutch Li (Tieguai Li),
Lan Caihe,
Lü Dongbin, (leader)
Philosopher Han Xiang (Han Xiang Zi),
Elder Zhang Guo (Zhang Guo Lao), and
Han Zhongli (Zhongli Quan).

edit on 16-1-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well, I keep on wondering what the essential question of this interesting research is.
The stars of the Seven Seers are supposed to move perceptibly in contrast to other stars?
Or is it merely that the change of the angle of the ecliptic over great historical spans of time would posit them at different angles to the circle of the nakshatras?

I will re-read your interesting source until I grasp the essence.
It would be great if you elaborated on the exact question you brought up.

I am a Vedic astrologer and I studied the nakshatras extensively and apply them in everday astrology. In my humble experience during the past decade, the ayanamsha of Lahiri was pretty close from the POV of sankranthis - entrance of grahas to signs or nakshatras.

In my understanding it is not the "wobble of the Earth's axis" that causes precession because the planets are also seen as preceding - Jupiter and Saturn, thus the whole Solar System is in the - approximately 25,920 year-long - cycle. (Dhruva in ancient times was said to be Vega.) If you divide 25,920 years by 27, you get 960 years - this may be what the scripture alludes to.

I think it would also help other readers less well-versed in Jyotish or astronomy if we explained or translated a few thoughts to plainer language.

I will check back shortly.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This is interesting to consider:
www.world-mysteries.com...
www.netplaces.com...
Now this scientist believes literally that the timeframe given in the preface of the Holy Science by Sri Yukteshwar is literally true as he is a follower of Yogananda. Other researchers (like John Major Jenkins) found that it is approximately true. The HS gives 24,000 years, presently science and most astrologers use cycles that approximates 25,920 years. That is not a large margin of error in a 19th century document.
I was pretty convinced on the possibility of the dark companion of the Sun though as a good theory - which is also consonant with Hindu scriptures and also mentioned in the preface of the Holy Science.

However, astrological experience in the late 20th century asnd the 21st century of applying ayanamshas points to the ayanamsha of Lahiri being close to a true one as opposed to Yukteshwar's ayanamsha. Actually the only one that comes close that I sometimes played with was Krishnamurti's.

Now that also spells a cycle and a speed and a beginning year when the spring equinox changed from Aries to Pisces.

Cruttenden has a site - I think there is a comparison of what the speed of precession is from a scientific POV, and it seems to be changing, on the increase. It is closest to the static Lahiri for people born in the seventies. Once science has more data or proves the existence of the "dark companion" mentioned in the Scriptures, we can calculate with far more precision. Now Western science only has data on precession for about 150 years back. That is not enough to formulate a theory.

new topics

join