It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

opening scenes from the film 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It really is a bummer to find out that something in the movie 2012 was realistic.

With all of the other idiotic things in the movie it is hard to believe that they used a realistic sinking.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
it'd be one thing if this was a picture from the bible, but you're trying to tell me a john cusak movie is hinting at prophecies about the end of the world. you outcho mind

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
What does a ship capsizing due to a movie sensationalized event, have to do with a ship capsizing because the captain was an idiot, showing off to his friends as he got too close to the coast?

Oh yea.. nothing. Except both boats were sideways. Reminds me of Ghostbusters. "No human would stack books that way!" Lots of boats capsize, just like that. Go figure.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Actually, I remembered I posted this somewhere.

In the beginning of the 2012 film, the very beginning as the movie plays out, in the background, there is a female reporter reporting global catastrophes.

If anyone has that opening footage to 2012, you can provide a link with clear audio background.

The female reporter in the background said something about Japan getting hit by Tsunami and now it's under water...

The movie came out 1 day before Japan really got hit with a tsunami.

Talk about the coincidences.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

Seems like the perfect way to keep the masses ignorant. I find it strange though as to why 2012 had such a huge budget. It had a bigger budget then the transformers movies yet the acting and special FX were much worse IMO. Seems strange.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin

The really bad part about the movie 2012 is its idiotic events.

There is a very dangerous game to play while watching 2012 in which the first person that spots an idiotic event in the film gets to take a sip of their drink. Examples:
1. the RV is hit with lava and no one inside is burned to a crisp - take a sip
2. the plane does not encounter a huge headwind during the pole shift - take a sip
3. huge cracks open up in an earthquake - take a sip
4. the tsunami water does not recede - take a sip

These are only a few of the many obvious goofs in the film. They are easy to spot.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You do realize at the start of the movie 2012, the date is actually 2009. That's when the doc learned about the neutrinos causing the core temp to rise. Then it jumps to 2010 when the president briefs the G8 summit about the end of the world. Then to 2011 when they are replacing the Mona Lisa.

So if it happened in the opening minutes, it was 2009 not 2012.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join