It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

opening scenes from the film 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
take a look at this creen shot ,its from about a minuite into the film,resemble anything thats just happend,
imageshack.us...
there's a video somewere aswell where on the tv in the backgrouund is explaing the colapse of the dollar?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Okay, that's creepy, because it is laying on its side exactly like that Costa ship.

I'm not convinced it means anything, but it does seem odd.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
ok so with the creepy coincidence factor Ill give it a 9....but thats all it is.....unless you got something better? That kinda stuff happens all the time.....cruise ships hittin rocks cause the capt was gettin a joe blob, money value tanking happens everyday.......

But i find it curious none the less.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I admit it is a funny coincidence!
I don't know if any one else mentioned this either, but the recent event comes 1OO years after the Titanics accident (1912). (for those who like to note patterns and such...
)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Here they are for comparison:

From the film 2012:

The Italian cruise ship:

Personally I think the only reason they look vaguely similar is because of one simple fact - they're both boats, and that simple fact fools people going from the replies in this thread. Other than that there isn't any real connection between them as far as I can see, the boat from 2012 isn't even a cruise liner after all, It looks more like a large fishing vessel to me - And something like that, a capsized ship, would always be added to that part of the film purely for dramatic effect as well.

Just my opinion of course but hey, someone has to add some skeptical balance.

edit on 16-1-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Brilliant! And totally obvious also.......although reading some of the comments you would be forgiven for thinking Poseidon had just raised a briny hand!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
So how is it supposed to be? Upside-down?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Personally I think the only reason they look vaguely similar is because of one simple fact - they're both boats, and that simple fact fools people going from the replies in this thread.

Uh yeah, I think the idea here was that the beginning of 2012 (the film) showed a wrecked ship, along with mention of the collapse of the dollar,
and the beginning of 2012 (the year) showed us a wrecked ship (with the collapse of the dollar a potential threat, so far).
A funny coincidence. I doubt anyone was being a stickler for details.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

When a ship gets a hole in the side it lists to that side as it fills with water faster then the pumps can push it back out. Even if the ship doesn't get holed, the ship has a center of gravity, and the water is going to go to one side or the other. Whichever side accumulates the water faster lists the ship in that direction, causing even more water to fill that side. There is no reason to compare the two isolated events, they are only similar because they are related to the reality of how a ship normally sinks.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Exactly.

To all, sorry for the sarcasm in my earlier post - i appear to have been worn down today by some of the comments in other threads.....like our sun being a red dwarf every 26000 years!

Now, if we start seeing tens of tornadoes in downtown LA and other similar things, i will start to worry a bit and take the link slightly more seriously.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Here are more ships in various states of listing before capsizing:

Just google "listing ship" you'll find thousands of photos of this.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
yeah but both the small boat the child is playing with in the film, and the real boat have orange funnels...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

take it with a pinch of salt pal im just saying its the start of 2012 the movie then start of 2012 the year there is a striking resemblence to the film.

edit on 16-1-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

who said upside down???

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
reply to post by defcon5

take it with a pinch of salt pal im just saying its the start of 2012 the movie then start of 2012 the year there is a striking resemblence to the film.

edit on 16-1-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

I could be mistaken but I think he's replying to this post by Trollz here.

It seems like that because he's explaining how a ship reacts in a situation like this (ends up on it's side for example) and the post he's replying to is questioning the position of the ship asking "So how is it supposed to be? Upside-down?"

Anyway, that's how it looked to me. Again, I could be mistaken still.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
dont no if true when i have time i will check the scene in the film where th ship goes over is 3;16,
And the time th cruisliner leached sidways was at 3;16 am

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Hehehe. 3 16 huh? Hmm, wonder where this is going.

Sorry - silly thread - ships list when they get holes in them. I know - been on one that sank before.

Lots of real issues, ideas and theories to look at on ATS. This ain't one of them.

Moving on.
edit on 1/16/2012 by Open2Truth because: clarity malfunction

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
wait that looks right...

nope my head was turned..

wow great find... kinda spooky!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

i know the 3;16 was bull someone told me i posted whiout checking sorry

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:41 PM