It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli-US war games postponed to avoid aggravating mounting tensions with Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Israeli-US war games postponed to avoid aggravating mounting tensions with Iran

www.washingtonpost.com

JERUSALEM — The Israeli and U.S. militaries have postponed large-scale war games, in part to avoid aggravating mounting tensions between the international community and Iran over its disputed nuclear program, Israeli defense officials said Monday.

The missile defense exercise, dubbed “Austere Challenge 12,” was scheduled for April to improve defense systems and cooperation between U.S. and Israeli forces. The Israeli military confirmed in a one-line statement that the drill would be rescheduled for the second half of 2012, but did not disclose reasons for the postponement or any other
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Well I must say I'm surprised about his latest development amid the rising tensions in the Middle East. Perhaps finally the US is showing some constraint.
That or perhaps the warning from Moscow that any attack on Tehran will be viewed as an attack on the Russians, has scared the west straight.
What are your thoughts?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
USA = *BLINK*
Iran = We can get away with a lot and bully the USA now. Yippeeee. We da' man!

Flame away.

(OR we dont' want our troops/sailors there because we expect something airborne ... or radiation from a battlefield nuke ... so withdrawl could mean an even bigger conflict coming )

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Something is fishy here folks, I say they scaled it back for a reason other than trying to calm things down. Betcha they found another way to skin the cat....wait to see what unfolds i reckon. Shouldnt make any difference as they will continue to be there in presense anyway.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BooKrackers
Something is fishy here folks, I say they scaled it back for a reason other than trying to calm things down.

Probably because we're already gonna be at war before the drill is scheduled to take place in April. No sense in having a drill when you're already at war.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
USA = *BLINK*
Iran = We can get away with a lot and bully the USA now. Yippeeee. We da' man!

It wouldn't be the most senseless thing out of Iran as far as I've seen but in no means very wise.
Still I wouldn't put it beyond them. With public awareness now that Russia will back Iran in a military conflict, I'd expect an even more vocal Iran than what we've seen to date.
I agree that although this seems as if the US is cooling the jets, alterior motive could very well be at play here.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by USN1983

All I can say is I hope you're wrong about that but common sense tells me you're dead on!
I dont think there's too much that can stop this train wreck now.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Just to let you know , some one posted this already and it is just a few threads down below this one. I dont mind double post myself , it is just , we have two of the same threads on the front page

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

So it is, my bad I've never actually looked at the alt. news firhose before and my search obviously with a different article heading came up empty... Mods please delete!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Another victory for Iran. The JEWSA acknowledges it can't afford war with Iran.

top topics

join