It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing use of Sharia by UK Muslims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

I am not a religious person but I can't understand why women are turning to a religious judge to settle there disputes when generally speaking the religion in question places men so far above women and they are more than aware of this.

In saying that what disturbs me more is that the article points out that the use of Sharia is becoming more important and more used than the actually law in the UK for Muslims.

I think its fine for people to use the Sharia only for Muslims but I also think that the law of the country you live in should come first.

edit on 16-1-2012 by jpmail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

Oh well, if they want to use those laws knowing that they're no good for women, they get everything they deserve. And if the people and the government is not strong enough to speak out against it to make the Laws Of The Land come first, they deserve it...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

one word for the increase-flooded.the uk has been fllooded with muslims since 9/11.thats why the use of sharia has increased.i can't say my true feelings on here as i got a posting ban last time.i fear it won't be long until we have to actually ask their permission if we can try them for any crime in a british court.i'm just waiting for the straw that breaks the camels back.
edit on 16/1/2012 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Because they know they can do it here in the UK. We are crazy enough to respect their religion and give them a religious judge. We already had a problem with christians and let them get away with it and the muslims are causing extra problems on a purpose because they know the christians are getting away with it.

Personally i believe in the EDL.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Parksie

just waiting for the muslim apologists slating you for the edl comment.i think more and more people are finally waking up to the multi-cultural sham our governments have forced on us.rebellion hopefully comes sooner rather than later.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParksiePersonally i believe in the EDL.

From a mixed race person, who attended 3 marches, Leeds, Manchester and Bradford - i can personally say, Fk EDL. EDL is full of hooligans wanting to fight, thinking that they stand for something but in all reality that thing they think they stand for - is a big manipulated matter and they dont have a fkin clue about, idiots.

Originally posted by glen200376
reply to post by Parksie

just waiting for the muslim apologists slating you for the edl comment.i think more and more people are finally waking up to the multi-cultural sham our governments have forced on us.rebellion hopefully comes sooner rather than later.

You say it here clearly, "what our governments have forced on us" - If you know that, then why are you not focusing your anger towards the idiots in parliament who let these radicals come to our land and spread their hate?

People are weak.

They wont fight the big man but will hate on the little man. How the fk do we expect change when we just fight each other?

joining EDL and been filmed there is one of the biggest regrets of my life.

Instead of me protesting with loads of hooligans who actually hate people of different colours and back grounds, i could of been protesting outside parliament of joining a constructive group which stops so many radicals coming to our country.

As for the OP on Sharia law...Well Politics and Religion should not be mixed and there is no place in the 21st century for these kind of things. United Kingdom should not have this.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
yes multi-cultural scam is a good way to describe it, I could not care less what people call me the UK has been flooded with certain cultural groups that have no respect for us or our culture for too long.

BTW that does not make me a racist I am English with Irish/Italian ancestry and I love and respect many cultures that have arrived on our shores they are now part of our british mongrel family

but the ones that come here and totally shaft us and hate our guts well... kindly go away

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

Originally posted by jpmail
I think its fine for people to use the Sharia only for Muslims but I also think that the law of the country you live in should come first.

I don't know how it is in the UK, but here in the US, secular law DOES "come first", meaning that any Sharia Law that would break US secular law is not permitted.

As long as they don't break UK law, why be concerned with additional restrictions they FREELY place on themselves? Why do you care? Why do any of you care?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by jpmail

Originally posted by jpmail

I don't know how it is in the UK, but here in the US, secular law DOES "come first", meaning that any Sharia Law that would break US secular law is not permitted.

As long as they don't break UK law, why be concerned with additional restrictions they FREELY place on themselves? Why do you care? Why do any of you care?

You are right that technically UK law does come first but with the growing use of Sharia law means the ragardless of what should come first Muslims will start using only sharia law.

Personally I don't care what they believe but muslims are not secular by any measure. This in future will cause problems as the use of Sharia grows.

That is why I see this as a problem.

new topics

top topics

join