It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting ideas on the universe being an organism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Im a strong believer in this theory being that everything is interconnected in a way. Everything is light and everything we see is energy filled with information being picked up by our senses. Our energy is recyclable through light because light is infinite. Our senses are always experiencing the infinite in a finite body. Theres even people today that can see colors of smells and sounds. I forget the name, maybe someone can help me out. The world is the way we see it ,not the way it really is to quote earnie larsen. So, the point is we're experincing a duality of infinite existence in a finite time/space and everything has a life span from cells to planets, stars,solar systems, galaxies, universes. All interconnected living beings, but to our senses, they just look like another part of our existence! This article goes into further detail about this idea but i cant say i believe it all because of my perspective human existence, but its a interesting read...
www.theosophy-nw.org...
edit on 16-1-2012 by BroketheWall because: put in appropriate category...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I too am a firm believer in the idea of a living universe. We humans are living beings on a living planet; how else can you have living things except from something that is already living? From the parasite which live on our bodies to globular clusters everything is alive. Space itself is alive but it's a form which we don't understand. I think the expansion/ contraction of Space is "breathing," Asteroids/ comets are cells, the sun is man and the planets are woman. The universe is potential and that potential is manifested through different reactions/ processes into the physical universe we see. The greatest power in the universe in my opinion is movement and movement is made possible through magnetism. The sun works thru magnetism so do the planets and even people! Sound crazy? I know, but that's just how I see it. I'd say more but I don't want to sound even crazier.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
if so.... would humans be considert an virus????
destroying the cel we are living on?

edit on 16-1-2012 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

I completely agree...when you said the sun is like a man i immeadiately thought about ra an the obelisk. I think the ancient knew alot about this being more in touch with our true nature! I dont mind if you sound crazy, i just like to hear opinions on the subject...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

I think at our current state we are a cancer to the earth but we have been infected by materialism and ego. We will learn whatever the outcome is...thats the beauty of life! This is our temporary home...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Yup I am the universe, and I am also its particles...
It is so awesome being me. I am happy to be in existence...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I hope that you don't consider this hijacking, but these are relevant words considering.

“Everything is possible. I am God, I am Buddha, I am imperfect Surfeit, all at the same time, I am empty space, I am all things. I have all the time in the world from life to life to do what is to do, to do what is done, to do the timeless doing, infinitely perfect within, why cry, why worry, perfect like mind essence and the minds of banana peels”

Kerouac

edit on 16-1-2012 by Surfeit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This has been a fundemental principle of my personal philosophy for ages now. The universe, in my view, is on a road to self discovery. Each of us are a manifestation of the universe with the purpose in life to learn about ourselves through various means.

In addition, the universe, again in my view, operates in a fractal type arrangement no matter how small or large you go, you can see similar arrangements and influences.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BroketheWall

Maybe there's actually some scientific evidence of this.

One of the repercussions of the Penrose-Hameroff quantum mind model is that the wave-function of the universe must necessarily be a giant cosmic mind.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the input guys! Some very good points! Its amazing that we even becoming aware to this because it is beyond comprehension. Its self awareness without measure...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You are wrong. It is not an organism.
It is just the universe, it contains all life,
But is not alive itself in the sense your implying.
The 'universe' is not an actual 'thing',
'Universe' is just the term you people gave for;
'The space that everything known exists in'

Now focus your minds on greater questions, such as;
'How would we navigate in space?'

Its questions like that, that you people need to figure out soon.

new topics

top topics

join