It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful Fogbows. Stunning Stuff.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Photos of the meteorological phenomenon also known as the fog bow or faux moonbow. Small water droplets of fog limit the common display of color bands and refract white instead.

More photos here:
www.flickr.com...

Why do we spend so much exploring what is beyond our own skies, other planets and galaxies, when many of us have not even seen the beauty of our plante. Not that I disagree with sky exploration! We must! But have we looked around our own planet enough? Can you wonder and delight enough in what is here, now?
edit on 16-1-2012 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky

Why do we spend so much exploring what is beyond our own skies, other planets and galaxies, when many of us have not even seen the beauty of our planet.
Continuous exploration into the infinite unknowns of the astronomically vast reaches of the Universe, is about more than just trying to find something that is pretty to look at.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky

Beautiful pictures! S&Fs. Thanks.

I especially like this one, the top one. That penguin standing in the midst with his arms outstretched, looks so majestic and holy, like he's preaching to a congregation,
Priceless!

Very nice!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I saw a moonbow one night, not long ago and it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in the night sky....

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Awesome. Never seen this before.
Many thanks.
S&F

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I never even knew this phenomena exists. It is like hearing about butterflies for the first time, and then seeing a picture of one. Wish I could see this firsthand.

I have heard of chembows ( from chemtrails) and even took a photo of one myself. But to me personally the entire idea behind chemtrials left me unable to appreciate the beauty of it fully. Please please don't start an argument about chemtrails on this thread, there are so many other places on ATS available for that.

A moonbow is just as awsome, and I have seen it. You never forget it.

top topics

join