It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN War Mongering On Syria, Lies To Viewers That Syria doesn't Allow Journalists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Well Well CNN is quite the war Mongering War Machine a few moments ago CNN showed a little war mongering piece showing how whats going on in Syria yet after so many lies after lie that Syria isn't allowing reporters? oh and CNN has every right to sneak up in and disrepute whats happening and then report as a war mongering piece?

Telling the Viewers why a war with Syria needs to happen?

CNN The Spy

don't tell me that Syria allowed little snake Robertson to come in and film it as a war mongering piece, makes me wonder if Nick Robertson is a British agent.

During the Bosnian conflict i heard from some people that Nick Robertson in bosnia provided Intel to the Bosnian Muslim fighters yet you can bet some of them Intel he provided them went to the wrong side.

They usual ended up to the terrorists already inside Bosnia.

I am sick of CNN propaganda on Syria they are doing it like they have with Bosnia, Serbia, Iraq, Iran, Libya wake up people CNN wants a war to happen.

edit on 16-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

If you don't like CNN, don't read it, don't watch it, don't listen to it. All US media is obliged to follow code of conduct at times of war, and that's what they are doing, towing the lane built for the by Washington, under the coined term "national security".

Don't be surprised, take action, stop watching, listening and reading. It's obvious that CNN doesn't have any reporters in Syria, so why would you even bother reading their made up stories?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Even Al-Jazeera is having trouble reporting in Syria. They have video that looks like it was taken with a cell phone camera. With what Assad is doing to his people, do you think he would invite international press to witness it?

Here is another ME Source talking about the media blackout there.

If you Google you'll find many, many non-CNN references to this.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The President of Syria, Bashar al-Assad said in his live interview last week that they do not let western media journalist's in due to them faking footage. He said that he had been approached by many countries wanting to 'Help' Syria - but their 'help' is only in their own interests. He then goes onto say that the percentage of people rioting in Syria are very low, and he will not step down until all of his country men want him to - Everybody in the room was applauding him at this point. He even goes on to state that some of the rioters are not even Syrian.

I cant actually find the video or i would link it! It seemed Bashar al-Assad was addressing an audience in Syria

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Assad is not liked in Homs and Hama but the sunni population there does not want a civil war which is being created by Turkey,Qatar,USA and Saudi Arabia.Alawites and the Druze support Assad.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Whilst I don't like the way our media is taking sides on the current conflict in Syria it is true that journalism in Syria is restricted by the government.

The prime minister grants licenses to journalists, which can be rejected for reasons concerning the public interest. Under Articles 9 and 10, the Ministry of Information must approve all foreign publications. The ministry also has the power to ban these publications if they challenge “national sovereignty and security or offend public morality.” In July 2010, for example, Syria closed down the bureau of the Italian news agency ANSA in Damascus following its attempt to cover the arrests of civil society representatives.

edit on 16-1-2012 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

I'm surprised people haven't picked this up yet, why won't people compare the situation in Syria, to the situation in Iraq when US bombings started? Where was the journalists to publish news from the other side, to show images and videos of the innocent victims who suffered under US bombings?

That's the thing I don't get, it is war, the media is used as a tool to implement psychological warfare, it is done on all side, if you have a media which does not support your point of view at war time, then you won't allow it. US did it in Iraq, and in Afghanistan, even targeting reporters. NATO did it in Libya, bombing the TV station killing many reporters in the process. Right now in Libya many reporters working for Jamahariya government are imprisoned, one video shows one reporter who have been tortured to death, are these reported by CNN? Or Al-Jazeera?

So why are people not comparing? Rather looking at the situation isolated, as if Syria is the only nation following the basic code of war. The same nations talking about freedom of press and freedom of speech have also done it at war time.

Remember, once upon a time, Al-Jazeera had some freedom to publish without bias, but then Qatari Emire's son started running Al-Jazeera, that is when you saw Al-Jazeera started to tow the line with Western media outlets.

I'm surprised, for a forum which says deny ignorance, a lot of people show deep signs of ...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Well CNN was caught faking a war scene once
CNN Fake Broadcast
I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again

top topics

join