It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can death make you smart?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
If a simply minded person dies , do they automatically become intelligent when they die?
edit on 16-1-2012 by zbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

No they just die like everything else

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

No...

They get reincarnated as people that start threads with one line...

Sorry i couldn't resist

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I don't believe that spirit and intelligence can be measured in the same way. I've known too many "smart" people who have no soul. I have also been privileged to know less intelligent people that allow their spirit to shine and flow with vibrance.
edit on 16-1-2012 by redzareptile because: my smart phone has no soul...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Good question, OP.

My two cents is that the soul and body (brain, in this case) act much like a software-hardware relationship. The soul is a very complex configuration of signals that some brains might not have developed enough or have an optimal "speed" or RAM to accommodate the way the soul works. I think that smart people with "no soul" as it was put, might be able to process intellectual signals faster or better, but not necessarily emotional data. Of course, the brain is intensely complicated, so who knows how many factors affect soul-data processing?

When a person dies, their soul is disconnected from their brain. They may have all the "normal" (whatever that is) perceptions and thoughts of their consciousness, but if it's an OBE, the brain has to process the signals of what the soul had experienced.

I think that all living things have the exact same --type-- of soul in which experience and wisdom differs from soul to soul. The expression of the soul's intelligence, I think, is hindered in all human cases because the human body has not evolved enough to optimally express the depth of the soul tied to it. I think Grey aliens have the same type of soul that a human, planet, star, or rabbit have, but the body and brain are a huge factor in how the soul is expressed.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lifthrasir

Interesting!!!

My question to you is why do you think Greys have the same soul?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lifthrasir

I think Lifthrasir has the right idea. I do not think you instantly become smarter, but the limitations of your physical brain and body are eliminated. For example, if you have a physical brain limitation, it goes away when you die. You will probably have a greater depth of field of vision. I don't think theer is anyone who has "no soul." It may appear that way to some people judging others and finding them wanting, but it is incredibly judgmental to claim so. A person with Down's Syndrome, for example, probably does not suffer from that condition after death.

In terms of your emotions and, for example, your political or theological leanings, I doubt if death does much for you. I think atheists and othr materialists will have some explaining to do when they find they actually survive death, but that doesn't mean they'll be any smarter. But Christians will keep on believing in Jesus no matter what. Muslims will continue to be Muslims. They will basically experience what they want to experience when they die.

That's what I suspect. Of course, I do not know for sure and would never claim so. People who claim they DO know I think can't be trusted.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

In my opinion, death releases you from the "bondage" of your body on Earth and the limited senses you have: sight, sound, taste, touch, smell.

When you die, you are reunited with the Divine, and review your past "incarnation" here, and in that way, yes, it makes you "smartER", in that you are able to look back objectively and say, "okay, that wasn't such a great maneuver. Yes, I see where that did no good."

That sort of thing.

And, then you come back (with a pre-determined syllabus for the next incarnation to which you have agreed with the the help and guidance of your ethereal teachers), and ...
do-over.

In my belief, "life" on earth is a school. The tests come before the lessons (hard knocks). Once you pass all the classes, you graduate. But, yes, every time your physical body dies and your soul returns in a new physical body, a new time and place, you are "soul-smarter".

peace
--wild
edit on 16-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

When you die, you are reunited with the Divine . . .

That presupposes that somehow we are divine, or we come from a divine source and are then divine indirectly.
If we are from the universe, and the being or beings that you are calling divine are also from the universe, then there is no reason to think the this reunion occurs, especially if we were not joined at a previous time to start with.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

That presupposes that somehow we are divine, or we come from a divine source and are then divine indirectly.

Correct. Yes. Except (edit to clarify) NOT indirectly. DIRECTLY. We come directly from the same divine source.

If we are from the universe, and the being or beings that you are calling divine are also from the universe, then there is no reason to think the this reunion occurs, especially if we were not joined at a previous time to start with.

We were all joined. We are all part of the universal Divine and connected. Always were, still are, and eventually again will be, permanently. In the meantime, we little teensy-tiny bits that are part of the Divine, all separated for now to some degree or another from that truth, and from each other, come here repeatedly (or go to some other planet or dimension) as incarnate mortals -- students -- to learn how to behave and think.
Eventually we will be ready to go there, to reunite with the Source.

What is so hard about that to understand?

edit on 17-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

We were all joined.
Then death would not create a change in the existing status.

What I meant to say earlier is that a coming together between us
and the divine is not automatic.
If it was, there would be no reason to believe in Jesus.

What is so hard about that to understand?
Nothing. In fact I may have believed that same thing myself up to about an hour ago.
edit on 17-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Then death would not create a change in the existing status.

What I meant to say earlier is that a coming together between us
and the divine is not automatic.
If it was, there would be no reason to believe in Jesus.

But it is "automatic". We all go through the same process, for eons, and eventually are reunited with the Perfect Divine.

Nothing. In fact I may have believed that same thing myself up to about an hour ago.
What happened an hour ago?

edit on 17-1-2012 by wildtimes because: ??????????

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I looked again at this part

. . . eventually again will be, permanently . . .
This seems to be verging on the apocalyptic.

Sometimes I need to look at it (what we were talking about in those earlier posts) written out to be able to look at it in way where I can be a little objective, then I can make a decision on it, where earlier it never was in such display while I was in the right frame of mind to be so skeptical. I'm in the process of adjusting my entire belief system to fit a new paradigm I have adopted that has God as someone similar to us and not the creator of the universe.
edit on 17-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I'm in the process of adjusting my entire belief system to fit a new paradigm I have adopted that has God as someone similar to us and not the creator of the universe.

lol, I'm always in the process of adjusting my belief system....!

Your new paradigm having 'God as someone similar to us and not the creator of the universe' is a very interesting thought, and a bold and honest disclosure. Thank you for that.

I do not think of "God" as "someone". I think of "God" as the Ultimate Source. Not a person, not "someone." A force of love and unity that defies definition in the terms available to us as human beings. I think our biological selves are ill-equipped to grasp "God", and that our linguistic abilities cannot adequately explain "God."

I don't mean to sound apocalyptic.

I don't believe the "end is near," nor do I believe that we are all at the same time going to be standing in front of some throne with a glowing white-bearded Monarch looking sternly at us, with a Spirit standing behind/beside the throne holding this monarch's cup of wine and nodding silently, while a team of saints and/or Jesus Christ as our interrogators drill us or shout at us about our mistakes, after which they all go into "chambers" with the monarch, who then returns to the room and bellows with pointed finger and loud voice at some of us, "You suck! GO TO HELL!!", and to others of us says pleasantly, "Come on in! Well done, you! Welcome. Here are your wings and your harp. Jesus here will show you to your cloud."

That's just .... I just can't buy that.
Hope you are open enough to try to understand that, dewey.
Blessings.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
If a simply minded person dies , do they automatically become intelligent when they die?

Personally, I don't think they do. If Uncle Charlie was dumb as a box of hammers in life, death is not going to make him any smarter.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Hope you are open enough to try to understand that, dewey.

I had a friend give me a link to a video and it points out our real enemies and here was Rumsfeld and others of the Bush regime and then they showed a night sky crisscrossed with white trails. These were phosphate bombs if I have the terminology correct, maybe the correct term is phosphorescent but they were originally developed for warfare to light up an area at night so that artillery can better aim their weapons at the enemy. That was not what was going on in the picture, what they were doing was targeting children deliberately to cause them to die the most sort of horrible death imaginable, as a way to punish a people for living on land they want, all done with the cover of religion, a religion promoted today and right here on this forum, this idea of genocide to fulfill prophecy (which of course is false interpretation and just part of the cover for murder). Anyway, I'll save you from further gory details but the video was put up by someone desperately trying to save their own people from this upcoming war that will kill millions of Iranians, again something looked forward to by some members here.
The point of all this is that I get rather harsh sometimes but it because of what to me is obviously evil, and I don't see this sort of thing coming from atheists or agnostics or pagans or Muslims or Wikkans, or even Satanists.
edit on 18-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I didn't read through the replies and I am positive that I am being redundant here... but death makes you dead. IN fact one could argue that dying, in many cases, is direct evidence of a lack of smarts in general.

Dying does however make you turn funny colors, so there is an upside.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

By the way, read through the posts...Most believe in some sort of life after death!

top topics

join