It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Monk" Theme Song is a Message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

Let me share this with you. I have been a fan of the television show "Monk" for a few years now: Have seen all of them. Tonight they are showing reruns.

This show is about a detective with OCD and I find it hilarious. If you have missed this, I highly recommend it to you for a laugh.

Anyway, I wanted to see who the singer of the theme song "It's a Jungle Out There" was for I new the man's voice was familiar. To make a long story short, I did a search at youtube and found that Randy Newman did "Short people", which is why I found his voice familiar.

So found "It's A Jungle Out There", watched this.. I had never fully paid attention to the lyrics until tonight as they were put forth upon this video.

Pay attention to the lyrics.

Even though Monk is portrayed as having OCD, I think the song has MORE meaning than just reference to his character. IMO, it is a message for us all to wake up and pay attention to the world around us.

Because it's a jungle out there!

Had to share what I felt. Thanks for reading.

Feel free to comment.
edit on 16-1-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It's a message for you to stop being paranoid and watch the show!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
He also sings "you can leave your hat on" as well. Yep, sounds like hes writing about a tinfoil head

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

I hate that the first few responders to any thread tend to be negative or to mock the OP.

I wish someone had been willing to talk about the song's message. There are dangers in our everyday world that we ignore. The city has replaced parts of a watermain on a local street in 4 or 5 locations in the past few weeks. I should have run the water long enough to remove any toxins or dirt each time but I didn't.

When I first moved here the water tasted great. Now it is nasty. What is in it that tastes so bad? Can something that nasty be good for you?

I just saw the burn the cheeto post. How can that be good to eat?

You have an interesting point. I am sorry you were mocked.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
'monk' is one of my all time favourite programs. the lead character is an absolute riot!
randy newmans lyrics are spot on.... it is a jungle out there
i recall seeing an episode of family guy with him in it

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I've never seen the show, "Monk," but I just listened to the theme song. The message in it is incredibly interesting, and I want to thank you for introducing it to me.

I also am sorry that you were mocked. I thought what you posted was intriguing.

I wonder if there are any more theme songs to shows that have potential hidden messages?

~Quyll

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Thank you all for the positive replies.
It just clicked with me for the first time... after all of the years watching. As I said , I never really paid attention to the lyrics.

It's message made me think of all of the corruption in the world, greediness, etc. I could go on and on but am sure you get the gist. From fluoride to the polluted environment - you could name about any conspiracy on this site even.

The message seems to be overlooked by the folk that are too busy to stop and ''smell the roses'' so to speak. People want to have FUN these days and be in their own little worlds without looking at reality.

This site, ATS, has actually helped me to become MORE aware.
I hope people start taking the time to search out matters as to what is truly happening in our fallen world.

The message is in people's face even , imo. But there are some who refuse to hear.

LIKE ME, for example, look at how long it took me to pay attention to the song's message... I undoubtably was just in my trance state, enjoying watching ''Monk". But I finally heard because of the lyric scroll. It then clicked and made sense to me...and that it's NOT just about the show. It is a true message as to what is going on in this world.

Not trying to scaremonger or anything! for good will triumph over evil in the end. I just wanted to point out the message. We need to watch our backs for no one else will!

Peace and safety to all.

Oh and btw , I'm NOT paranoid, I am just watchful. I just love it when people are CAREFUL/watchful in their ways, that they get this label. Talk about ignorance. They have no clue wHO I am, and honestly I have NO fear for I have the peace of God.

edit on 16-1-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join