It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,100 year old tomb of a female singer related to Amon-Ra, unearthed in Egypt.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This is all over the MSM and must be some very significant discovery. As far as a veil of mystery has surrounded the late excavations in Egypt, the exaggerated exposition of this finding seems to be a little unusual to me. Or perhaps I'm overreacting...

CAIRO -- In a rare find, Egyptian and Swiss archaeologists have unearthed a roughly 1,100 year-old tomb of a female singer in the Valley of the Kings, an antiquities official said Sunday. It is the only tomb of a woman not related to the ancient Egyptian royal families ever found in the Valley of the Kings, said Mansour Boraiq, the top government official for the Antiquities' Ministry in the city of Luxor.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The reports say that it was originally cut during the New Kingdom in the 18th Dynasty. This is based on some finds, although what those are has not been revealed, nor whether the orginal burial can be identified. Obviously study will take time.
The burial discovered dates to the 22nd Dynasty and the Third Intermediate Period. An inscription reveals the occupant to be a Ni Hms Bastet. There is no standard representation of that yet, although Nehmes Bastet is being used. She was a Singer of Amun Re in the Temple of Karnak, and a Daughter of Amun Re. Jane Akshar reports a suggestion by Ken Griffin that she may have been the daughter of Djedkhonsuefankh (4th prophet of Amun): Looks like the name should read as Nehmesbastet or Nehemsybastet. The second rendering of the name is in Kitchen (p.219), where she is listed as a daughter of Djedkhonsuefankh (4th prophet of Amun) of the 22nd Dyn.

www.egyptological.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

The woman in the sarcophagus is supposed to be related to (Amon)Ra aka Marduk and "protected" by the feline humanoid deity named Bastet. This reminds me of Zecharia Sitchin challenge on mainstream archeologists, to carry out a DNA test in the remains of the Sumerian queen Puabi, to prove that she was direct Anunnaki bloodline.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

The 22nd Dynasty rulers were of ancient Libyan origin, they weren't even native Egyptians. Plus many people who were associated with the ruling class would declare themselves to be divinely appointed by Amon and even indicate themselves as the daughter or son of Amon.
edit on 1/16/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Very cool and interesting!
S & F!

As far as carrying out DNA analysis to trace roots of line back to Annuaki, wouldn't we have to have a sampling of Annunaki DNA for comparison?

There's also several different types of testing; nuclear, mitochondrial, etc that give different information and details depending on the test.

Further, to do DNA testing, the state of preservation of the remains needs be such that viable testable DNA can be salvaged. Sometimes only certain test like mitochondrial are the only available option. Some of this testing also is destructive to the remains, and scholars are notoriously conservative about any destructive process when other methodologies that are non-destructive may be worked out in a decade or two.

If it's waited and kept for a thousand years, it can wait a few more for non-destructive methodologies to come along.

At least that's what I understand.

edit on 16-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

In theory they should have a sample of original Anunnaki DNA for comparison and confirmation, but the point is that any anomaly, any "extra-something" possibly found in the DNA of a royal hybrid mummy, would put fuel in the fire of the Ancient Astronaut hypothesis.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
There's some serious problems with this report, including the fact that if the tomb is "1,100 years old, the woman must have been buried in 1000 AD.

I think a more accurate source needs to be found.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
This is all over the MSM and must be some very significant discovery. As far as a veil of mystery has surrounded the late excavations in Egypt, the exaggerated exposition of this finding seems to be a little unusual to me. Or perhaps I'm overreacting...

The latter. These things are found all the time, and are not as important to society as news about George Clooney or Vladimir Putin or Byonce.

She was a Singer of Amun Re in the Temple of Karnak, and a Daughter of Amun Re.

These, by the way, are titles and "job positions." So it's like saying "she was a nun who led the choir at Our Lady of Mercies in Los Angeles." It does not mean her father was the deity Amun Re.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

The 22nd Dynasty rulers were of ancient Libyan origin, they weren't even native Egyptians. Plus many people who were associated with the ruling class would declare themselves to be divinely appointed by Amon and even indicate themselves as the daughter or son of Amon.

She may not be of the ruling class. This is a title, and not a heritage.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

"Jane Akshar reports a suggestion by Ken Griffin that she may have been the daughter of Djedkhonsuefankh (4th prophet of Amun)"

Djedkhonsuefankh was a high priest. High priests during this period where basically the rulers of Upper Egypt due to their power and influence.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

There's some serious problems with this report, including the fact that if the tomb is "1,100 years old, the woman must have been buried in 1000 AD.

I think a more accurate source needs to be found.

www.msnbc.msn.com...
2,900-year-old tomb

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Pauline-Grothe said the tomb was not originally built for the female singer, but was reused for her 400 years after the original one, based on artifacts found inside. Archaeologists do not know whom the tomb was originally intended for.

Archaeologists concluded from artifacts that she sang in Karnak Temple, one of the most famous and largest open-air sites from the Pharaonic era.

okaaaaay. And they know it wasn't originally built for her why??? Looks like contradicting information.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
ok

the "songstress" is a term for hathor, the protector of horus......it is hathor who is ralated to amon-ra..

my opinion at the moment, is that its third intermediate/ramsesside period onwards.

the female was buried as a "singer"....she was NOT a singer in real life.
she would of been a mother of someone important.........

i`l start reading this material and comment further later

peace

edit on 16-1-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Daughter of Amon Ra was an actual title of priestesses inside the Temple at Karnak and other Temples closely associated with that Temple. Most names of anyone belonging to the temples would take on a different name then the one they were born with and their new name would reflect their station within the temple. She's not blood relation to the God Ra lol. I'm at work so i don't have access to provide page numbers from one of my books but I'm sure a google search will turn something up

edit on 16-1-2012 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

The latter. These things are found all the time, and are not as important to society as news about George Clooney or Vladimir Putin or Byonce.

LOL!!!!
indeed the title [huffpo's] gives the impression they found Madonna's tomb or lady GA-GA [sumerian]

the title thing is correct in various of the new world variants of the old African religion, such as Santeria
a priest or priestess [actually a primitive theurgist] is referred to as the son or daughter of the god[dess] served.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Now we just need to get benrath the Sphinx. Great info, I hope it leads us to a better understanding of the culture and maybe just maybe we can get some answers to all these ancient mysteries.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Pauline-Grothe said the tomb was not originally built for the female singer, but was reused for her 400 years after the original one, based on artifacts found inside. Archaeologists do not know whom the tomb was originally intended for.

Archaeologists concluded from artifacts that she sang in Karnak Temple, one of the most famous and largest open-air sites from the Pharaonic era.

okaaaaay. And they know it wasn't originally built for her why??? Looks like contradicting information.

The Egyptians reused sites all the time, so there's clues like coffins being built for someone clearly much larger (a child found in an adult's coffin, for instance) and names which have been erased and a new name painted in. Other things like some of the images on the wall may show another person or another profession.

It'd take a full site report to know more about this. They're not going to give it in the news sources, because nobody's interested in reading about it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
ok

the "songstress" is a term for hathor, the protector of horus......it is hathor who is ralated to amon-ra..

Horus didn't need any protection, Hathor is the daughter (in some stories) of Ra (but not Amon Ra), and she's not the singer of the gods. Although her name means "House of Horus" it appears in relation to being goddess of the sky and not a protector of Horus (who didn't really need any protecting. She's not the one who protects the infant Horus)

The inscriptions in the tomb include stock phrases showing the name of the woman along with the glyph for singer and woman (not goddess.) When Hathor is invoked as a goddess of music, the glyphs are different (and she's not invoked as a singer)

the female was buried as a "singer"....she was NOT a singer in real life.

I don't see why you'd say this was not so, since we have textual reference to temple singers and even portraits of them.

she would of been a mother of someone important........

Most women's names were not mentioned in lineages (the exception being wives and queens.) If she was the mother of someone important, her titles would have included "beloved mother of (yaddayadda)" -- it's part of the standard funerary inscriptions. So I don't see why you'd say this, either, unless you had copies of the inscriptions on the coffin and with the mummy (if any) and on the tomb. If so, I'd love to see pictures of them (I adore this kind of stuff!)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Horus didn't need any protection, Hathor is the daughter (in some stories) of Ra (but not Amon Ra), and she's not the singer of the gods. Although her name means "House of Horus" it appears in relation to being goddess of the sky and not a protector of Horus (who didn't really need any protecting. She's not the one who protects the infant Horus)

hathor, was known as the goddess of many faces....she took on the role of the fiery eye of Re as sekhmet.
she was also known as the sistirum player....who played music for the gods......also the coffin mentions Bast....as sekhmet is the aggressive hathor...bast would be the passive hathor....

IF the texts claim that its the daughter of "AMUN ra"....then its from the 22nd/rammesside period when the gods amun and ra were stronlgy merged....
so yes it could well be the daughter of "amun ra" and not just ra...it matters what the period was

and how can you say horus didnt need protection?....when he was young he needed protection from his uncle seth... hathor raised him hidden in the marshes......untill he was strong and old enough to battle seth

"the female was buried as a "singer"....she was NOT a singer in real life."
I don't see why you'd say this was not so, since we have textual reference to temple singers and even portraits of them.

she was buried as hathor...to fulfill her role in the afterlife....

she would of been a mother of someone important........
Most women's names were not mentioned in lineages (the exception being wives and queens.) If she was the mother of someone important, her titles would have included "beloved mother of (yaddayadda)" -- it's part of the standard funerary inscriptions. So I don't see why you'd say this, either, unless you had copies of the inscriptions on the coffin and with the mummy (if any) and on the tomb. If so, I'd love to see pictures of them (I adore this kind of stuff!)

that was my first impression....

edit on 20-1-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

The Egyptians reused sites all the time, so there's clues like coffins being built for someone clearly much larger (a child found in an adult's coffin, for instance) and names which have been erased and a new name painted in. Other things like some of the images on the wall may show another person or another profession.

It'd take a full site report to know more about this. They're not going to give it in the news sources, because nobody's interested in reading about it.

A perfect example of the Egyptians reusing stones from other temples is Karnak. Inside one of the broken walls they found filler stones, meant to give added support, from other temples and shrines. They would take a stone that has been used before and flip it so a clean side would be showing and carve fresh hieroglyphs onto the newly showed side, hiding the part that was used before. When they became to marked up or worn with age, they would still be used as filler stones.

Its been rumored that King Tuts things were actually meant for someone else due to the large volume of things they found considering he was around 12 or so when he died. The Egyptians reused everything they could, as long as tomb robbers didn't get to them first.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join