It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Favorite Rappers?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

OK. Thanks again. So in the continuing spirit of an open mind, do you know of any that I could listen to that you personally might label as the best family friendly stuff? If so, I would listen and see if I should reconsider my son's exposure.

Appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

Sure, as far as family friendly (limited to no profanity) there are still a lot of good rappers to listen to that are contemporary.

Lightheaded (group)

Surreal

Mr. J. Medeiros (of the Procussions)

Crown City Rockers (group/band)

Kero one

K-OS

Pigeon John (w J.Live)

All of these artist here usually make a note to not use profanity and focus on positive or transformative lyrics. You can still find that with other rapper's songs too. Even NWA had positive song about expressing yourself.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Listen to Eyedea. I'm the godfather of a young girl, her momma played him for her in the womb.

Also, Kristoff Krane puts it down man. Very little profanity, very easy listening.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
FACE CANDY! FACE CANDY! FACE CANDY!

They're a pure freestyle rap group with Casey Obrien and JT Bates (two awesome freestyle Jazz musicians) laying down random beats. Michael "Eyedea" Larsen and Kristoff Krane. Larsen was the best freestlyer the world has ever seen. Seriously. He won the MTV blaze battles at like the age 16, accomplished more then most will by the time he was 18.

This is one of my favorites, it's on the newest CD (released after the death of Michael Larsen). They got ahold of an auto-tune machine, hilarious and awesome.

This one has Carnage The Executioner in it spitting and beatboxing.

Also, we cannot forget PoS of DoomTree in this discussion. He has a very unique writing style. He plays with DoomTree which is a team of two DJs and four mcs. They kill it.

How about Prof? His vids are hilarious.

edit on 16-1-2012 by badfish420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ghostface Killah
Nas
Heltah Skeltah

90's rap will always be the paramount

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Be a bold seeker/ cold ether
Free a old preacher talk Jeasua burn reefa
peace a, nice concept
but realer world defeater then healer/
Truth revealer knealer how you feel a?
I'mma train harder/
Engrained in my ateries
Fire such a part of me your spark don't even bother..
Wind fan flames
Rain crash in waves
From earth and to earth shall you return one day/
From birth they thirst innoculate with plagues/
Credit forget it turn the rest to debt slaves..
Its a onslaught,
Total onslaught/
Thats fought for every soul caught in this merry go...

The sound is powerful when I say it to rhythm, radio killed the art, MTV crucified it

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Dream McLean, he's gonna go places. Check this, he spits the second verse.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

May be a couple years old but great thread idea!!!

Those you mentioned definitely are amazing lyricists!

I read through and couldn't believe I didn't see Big Punisher's name pop up at all...

"The Devils got us by the balls, it's why the laws allow the drugs to over flood, they know we're gonna buy it all...
Its time to call a world order, where very girls your daughter, as priceless as ices & pearls fresh out the water!!!"
- Boomerang!

"These are the last days, cash pays... and rules the root of all evil, shooting amigos, for loot & perico(coke), polluting our people!"
- Boomerang!

"The streets cursed, the 1st Amendments culturally biased, they're supposed to supply us with rights, at night I hold my Rosary's as tight as I can!"
- Twinz!

"That's the ghetto anthem, I know the Devils laughing, everyone he hears somebodies metal clappin!"
- Block Party!

"I've seen it all up close... Things out the movies, you'd be buggin, my cousin Juji barely in Juvie, lost it and turned on the oven(crack pipe)...
He wasn't playing, blew out the flame & started inhaling, bearing a secret to deep to keep, more discreet for sharing...
wearing the virus Acquired Immune Deficiency, dishing his dick in every thick, promiscuous fish in the sea!!!"
- Capital Punishment!

"My hearts as cold as ice, so I know I'm sheist, Big Pun was the kid no one liked, my whole life was one big roll of the dice...
Paying the price, twice as expensive as white kids, destined for Rikers, not knowing my existence was priceless!!!"
- Hidden Hand!

"Keep out the eyes of the youth, it's too explicit?... Bulls***, I challenge that statistic, violence exited before music was even suggested!!!"
- Parental Discretion!

"If you run the streets, come in peace, or leave in pieces... even Jesus was killed by the polices...
They crucified him, now they inject us with juice & fry em...
Depends on the State, if death is the case... Cool, I'm dying!!!"
- Brave In The Heart!

This is just a few gems he delivered, he also had the rugged side, commercial for the ladies & just straight bars to make your head explode...
He was probably the best HipHop lyricist to ever grace a track!!!

Capital Punishment!!!
m.youtube.com...

Brave In The Heart!!!
m.youtube.com...

Peace!

ps: for those saying HipHop & Rap isn't music... And rappers ain't musicians...
Go away!!!

Rappers make MUSIC...
That's the definition of MUSICIAN!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join