It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if ET ever phones our home?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Found this today?

For decades we've been sending signals - deliberate and accidental - into space. But what is the plan if one day an alien were to reply?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

If ET were to reply to our signals, something like this may happen.

ET should stay home .

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hahahaha!

Pow! git, shew, yarrr!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Unless they have a 1000x sized psychic pacification device like Cerebro in the X-Men comics to pacify everyone or ensure that no one is pulling any triggers, the poor aliens would be better off sticking to communications from afar, relayed through several dummy points so that we can't trace them home.

I love Earth, and all the people on it, but, I also fear them.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Touche' my friend.

Reaction can be a strange thing.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
But what is the plan if one day an alien were to reply?

I for one would attempt to reverse the charges. That should have an epic effect on my bank account...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Hahaha, could you imagine the call? Picture the scene, it's 11:30 at night, your tired and just about to go to bed........then the phone rings...

"Hello?"
"tighdhdhdhe"

"Hello?"

"tighdhdhdher"

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Well at least at our house anyway..........so much for contact hey?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
SETI Did get a transmission in the 80's. they essentially received Pi.
the thread is on ATS here somewhere.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Was that the (Wow!) transmission?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I'm not familiar with the 'wow' transmission, but there's a very informative thread here. I apologize for not having a link. but it was a clear and consise transmission of a 'code' that repeated itself. (I know, sounds like the movie 'comtact') I'll try to dig it up this week.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Thank you, I would really like that......cheers.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Hahaha, could you imagine the call?

I cant even imagine it, because when gaming with headphones on I dont hear the phone anyway and would miss the call (75% chance I am busy killing aliens).

Anyway, aliens responding to our hails is just so far off its almost irrelevant (time and space, literally). Well, unless they have some sort of wormhole in our atmosphere to transport the signals.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The better question would be, what if a hostile race of Extraterrestrials reply?

This is why Hawking stated that its stupid that we send signals into space looking for ET intelligence. Its like going fishing, you have no idea what you'll hook.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
i'm fairly certain there are the real life versions of things we've created, for example the standard star wars/star trek type civilizations, they can travel space, and wage battle, but are also not to dissimiliar to us.

what worries me the most is not coming across one of those types, but something like "the matrix" society or dragon ball z where they are like master computer techs or magic super saiyans.

meeting Neo or Goku by chance would not be a good thing for Earth.

of course they aren't real, but the ideas that create them I never truly discount in a universe where anything seems possible.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Any signal we sent out so far is still within 100 light years , and effectively 50ish light years for anything that one could understand.

This is the available stars withing 50 light years...

Now we did find a system with 6 planets in that group, only 20.5 light years away that has three small planets in the habitable zone (by our standards...) The Gleise 581 system

Now we are sending messages to that system as we speak... but seriously, humans are SO STUPID
You know what the TOP message was?

Hello Gliese 581d inhabitant. Can you help us humans travel through space and become smart like you. Please do not eat us we are a friendly race. Angus Pigott Canberra, Australia

www.hellofromearth.net...

"Please don't eat us"

Well it will still take 18+ years to get there

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I don't know if that message is more funny, or more sad.

Something else funny, if there are aliens that might show up for a 'hello', with our growing population of over-population, getting worse all the time, it might be the aliens need to worry about US eating them.

edit on 16-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix it might be the aliens need to worry about US eating them.

Well rattlesnake tastes good and so does crocodile steak... and out here in Nevada they sell Alien jerky

So yeah... maybe a Reptilain Steak might be tasty
And I bet their hide would make great boots

edit on 16-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I like this approach

Some Seti scientists argue that, once we know where to send an interstellar email, we might as well just send the contents of the entire internet, streamed down a laser light beam. Aliens would then have plenty of information from which to draw patterns, disentangle languages, and see images - of all kinds - of what it is to be human.

It wouldn't take long for their teenagers to be get'n jiggy with it.

Vakoch thinks to send such a "digital data dump" is an "ugly" approach. "There has to be something more elegant to say about ourselves than that."

Ok then he doesn't want to show them for who some of us really are UGLY ( war mongers who kill there own kind) lets lie to them then and stream them all the cute lil kiity youtuve vids instead.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

What if ever phones our home?

maybe ET is already phoning our home

edit on 16-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

what is the plan if one day an alien were to reply?

Its message may come in form of celestial device and may be feared or secretly attacked due to lack of knowledge. Or its signal or celestial device will be taken serious and then those who know will prepare for their arrival..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join