It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geoscientist Detects Earthquakes Before They Strike as They Move SW Along an Unknown Fault

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
While detecting slow earthquakes and their releases in order to see how many hours in advance people living in the central USA would have to evacuate their properties in a future destructive earthquake scenario, an earthquake scientist discovered that earthquakes are moving in a straight line from Oklahoma through Texas heading towards Mexico.

ATS has been great for his ongoing research in helping prove when detections occurred, and when releases occurred. Strangely enough during the last three times that his piezoseismic system detected slow earthquakes in the distance occurring in Kansas and then the time of their silent release without a common earthquake occurring, he is able to prove that earthquakes are detectable by secondary processes since abnormal pressures exist at more than one place along a regional fault or regional fault block in many instances, and when one of these abnormal pressure sites releases its energy silently then the countdown begins as to when the earthquake should strike in that particular linked region.

So far, approximatley 9 hours advance warning is the least amount of warning for the central USA, with approximatley 18 for the most amount of warning time; more than enough time for people to evacuate if they feel the need for safety.

While making his last three entries here on ATS, he discovered that the last three earthquakes related to his releases were/are moving along a basically straight line to the SW. The first earthquake was near Cromwell, Oklahoma; the second near Snyder, Texas; and the last one near Pecos, Texas. More details are located on this ATS page: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you go to Google Distance Calculator and plug in the coordinates of the earthquakes, you will see that they lie on a very nearly straight line heading SW from the interior of Oklahoma to the western part of Texas heading towards Mexico.

www.daftlogic.com...

This study that he is making independently (with ATS as the time and date provider of proof) shows that he must have found a new undiscovered fault line running SW to NE through these states. This study also proves that earthquakes can and do sometimes move along a fault line.

He is very grateful to ATS for ATS being available to show his discoveries as they take place.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This may be called annecdotal by the big brains....but it does indicate there may be something new to learn here......
Hopefully this will stand up to future circumstances and prove out an effective forecasting device.....
Does this have any connection to slow creeping of lands as well?
(i have read this causes earthquakes far from the creep site??)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
This may be called annecdotal by the big brains....but it does indicate there may be something new to learn here......
Hopefully this will stand up to future circumstances and prove out an effective forecasting device.....
Does this have any connection to slow creeping of lands as well?
(i have read this causes earthquakes far from the creep site??)

You are very correct stirling, piezoseismology detects the slow creeping of land which takes place for hours, days and sometimes weeks (all earthquakes are different). Slow earthquakes are the slow creeping of surface land and subsurface strata. When the near surface and surface land starts moving in a very slow but detectable movement it becomes measureable as to how much pressure is being exerted at any one location within its given area, which is fairly large in size covering many miles in all directions.

What might be interesting in the future, but probably won't happen, but it could by some strange coincidence... is that maybe a large earthquake, possibly a major earthquake could strike in Mexico somewhere along that straight line in the near future if that straight line keeps proceeding in that direction. That would be very interesting. Another thing that might be interesting, is... if it does keep proceeding at approximately the same pace, would it be possible to strike within a certain time frame comparable to the movement along the line of travel already noticed?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
would this fault line go straight through Guadalajara, Mexico by any chance?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by belastaris5

Here is what a somewhat straight line projection along the line would look like as it proceeds into Mexico.

www.daftlogic.com...

It would end up coming out near Zacatecas, Mexico before going out into the Pacific Ocean.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

It is amazing to me that this "unknown" fault....is only now coming to be known...
I am 40 years old born and raised Missouri Arkansas state line, I am an artifact, gem mineral hunter...mostly native american pieces.
From the town of Bull Shoals, along the White River, and also the Buffalo, there are common things that "to me" are just uhhhh....to out of place to not have been known about.
It is my belief that the madrid fault, has an off shoot, dipping into "across" northern Arkansas, "and across the Boston Mountains.
There are sand "areas" where as sand is not normal here, IMO it had to come from below....EQ or volcanic venting "sand blows" as I've heard them called.

Many folks claim this to be from "fracking" this may very well be true...but the evidence was previous..to fracking..is there from historical events.

Flint rock "items I seek out", novaculite, obsidion, burlington, are either moved here by ancient glaciers or volcanc activity.....and most of it is deep.....very deep, so IMO the glacier theory does not hold water... we use earth moving equip. to get to it, and it runs in veins, miles long...

Anyone that has driven through missoui/Arkansas on I-65 can see this, esp....between Caney Mountain, and Harrison....almost straight along hwy 62 "last summer geologists were there for weeks "EQ cluster", and the study still continues.

I'll be spending at least a week there in May......arrowheads1.com...

If you just google knap-in/water creek you'll see what its about....I posted a link of a near by place.

Many many geologists and gem and mineral professionals, attend...I tihnk it has only recently became MSM covered due to ease of PC and communication is easier now...but, it is not, by any means as stable as many think IMO.....tooo many oddities, in the geography...

edit on 15-1-2012 by Doc Holiday because: OCD ad boxs...thnx

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I noticed this several months ago.
My thread can be read here:
East Coast to the West Coast of The US, 7 Earthquakes along 37 degrees N
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

The sand that you see was definitely deposited in those layers that you mention before people started fracking for increased oil production. As you state the sand is probably from blow outs from a previous major earthquake that struck in the region. I've noticed sand like this in other areas also, and the only way that they could get there was from subsurface water pressure blowing it out onto the surface and then sometimes it flowed and made long beds of sand, just like you mentioned.

Wow, I like the photos of all of the arrowheads and stuff like that that you had on your site. I see a picture of an old yellow Honda 90 moped that looked similar to one I had as a youngster, that thing could go a long ways on a little gas. Mopeds are great for out in the deserts and in the mountains on back trails and the like.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Earthquakes do strange things, but if you study them closely, you will see that its not so strange after all.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
In about a year of so, people all over the world will discover piezoseismology and its hidden brother and sister sciences. Earthquakes will be tracked as they cross continents and as they flow around plate margins. This currently can't be done seismically because seismology can't detect silent earthquake movement; but piezoseismology easily detects silent or slow earthquake movement that doesn't end in a common earthquake rupture that sends common seismic units into movement.

Silent or slow earthquake movement has to be detectable (if its within range of the piezoseismic unit, and a piezoseismic system has approximately the same range as a common seismic unit) before a common earthquake rupture is detectable by a seismic unit.

In other words, in order for a common seismic system can detect an earthquake... it (the earthquake the common seismic unit detects) had to be detectable beforehand by a piezoseismic unit (24/7) for hours, days or weeks (depending on the earthquake, because each earthquake is different) as a silent slow moving earthquake before the rupture.

Piezoseismology detects this slow measurable earth movement before any common earthquake can strike. Not all slow or silent earthquakes strike as a common earthquake. If a release occurs, it tells when another common earthquake is going to rupture that is linked to that particular area. The time of advance notice can be hours, to a week in advance.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Sounds interesting, but I'd like to see them try that in Japan, after that massive 9.1. Cause it has triggered a whole bunch of dormant faults, according to Japanese scientists.

I just don't know how they could possibly track so many quakes and faults like that in such a whirlwind of seismicity mayhem.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Sounds interesting, but I'd like to see them try that in Japan, after that massive 9.1. Cause it has triggered a whole bunch of dormant faults, according to Japanese scientists.

I just don't know how they could possibly track so many quakes and faults like that in such a whirlwind of seismicity mayhem.

Piezoseismology detects millions of faults that can't be detected otherwise; simply because once the system is fired up you can see an exact replica of the fault under abnormal pressure refracted into the sky above the fault. Usually you see a wall running across the countryside. Most of the time the wall is (if you put your hand out all the way in front of you and open your thumb and first finger) about 3 inches high when viewing it; even though at many miles away this would make it hundreds of feet tall and many miles long. Sometimes its fairly smooth running along the length, and every once in a while it is really jagged looking.

You are correct in your judgement that when so many quakes strike after a massive earthquake strikes, that it is impossible to see them all. What happens is that the strongest quake cloaks the rest of the quakes, and you only see the wall of the strongest quake before it happens.

When an actual earthquake strikes the replica refracted fault wall that is seen using piezoseismology is seen before the quake for quite some time (usually hours, days and weeks; all earthquakes are different, so it depends on the earthquake); but also the replica refracted fault wall is seen for some time (upto 1.5 days) after the rupture while the earth is settling back into a non abnormal pressure position.

So... yes you are right, you won't detect or see all of the earthquakes faults and epicenters before the quake when a major earthquake strikes, because you will only see the strongest one from whatever position you are at, or are looking from; before and after it cracks. All of the other smaller earthquakes will be cloaked and they won't be detected piezoseismically or by piezovisual detection. The thing is... that you are only scared of the bigger earthquakes and its a good thing that you will only see them instead of the smaller earthquakes that are cracking around the time and area of a major earthquake or great earthquake.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So did the USGS/Dept of Interior do an actual analysis of this system? And WHY was it turned down? Did they give a reason, or just say 'get the heck out of here'? Seems to me if there was something to it, they'd go for it...Unless, of course, the system was so good it put a lot of seismologists out of work.

Which brings about a curious point- if a system like this was developed that really worked, for most of the world it would be great- but that probably WOULD put a lot of people out of work. It's kind of like discovering the mega cure for cancer.

"Well Bob, we can predict quakes now accurately, so appreciate your lifetime of work, and see ya bye."

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
So did the USGS/Dept of Interior do an actual analysis of this system? And WHY was it turned down? Did they give a reason, or just say 'get the heck out of here'? Seems to me if there was something to it, they'd go for it...Unless, of course, the system was so good it put a lot of seismologists out of work.

Which brings about a curious point- if a system like this was developed that really worked, for most of the world it would be great- but that probably WOULD put a lot of people out of work. It's kind of like discovering the mega cure for cancer.

"Well Bob, we can predict quakes now accurately, so appreciate your lifetime of work, and see ya bye."

No, the USGS and the DOI have never even seen any part of the system, yet they turned it down without even asking to see it. The probable reason why they shy away from it, is because they are very ignorant about detecting earthquakes before they strike and they recieve tons of federal tax payers funds for making the tax payer believe that they are earthquake experts on predicting earthquakes. When in fact they can't predict earthquakes any better than they could predict the winning lottery numbers.

I mean if you were recieving billions of dollars worth of funding every year, would you want to find a method of detecting earthquakes that would make you loose lots of your funding to some other institution? Congress spends 5-6 billion dollars of tax payers money every year on earthquakes and what do you recieve? Answer: a body bag if your an earthquakes victim and an excuse that we're still studying earthquakes.

And... to answer your question... yes, they would loose lots of their funding especially since you won't need seismologists in the future to tell you where earthquakes hit, simply because those earthquakes will already have been mapped by Piezoseismologists.

In the near future they will regret the route they've taken, because it will become a very expensive route.

You are a True American, TrueAmerican. You can see stuff that others over look. Your questions, and your own answers to your questions are usually correct.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Do you have access to this technology.....?and if you do, what is the New Madrid fault up to these days, as I am in Memphis, Tn. and am aware of the sober reality concerning the seismic dangers of living in this area.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Do you happen to have a picture or some video footage of the radiation rainbow anomaly that is discussed in the videos?

This spring in Memphis Tn., I witnessed a rainbow cloud anomaly on the same day of the big one in Japan, and am curios as to whether this pressure over seas could of caused this anomaly I witnessed.

Are you affiliated in any way with this gentleman giving the 22 videos on you-tube?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

I went through old thread and answered me own question

I still would like some photos of this refractive radiation anomaly.......when you get a chance--of course.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey

Do you have access to this technology.....?and if you do, what is the New Madrid fault up to these days, as I am in Memphis, Tn. and am aware of the sober reality concerning the seismic dangers of living in this area.

I have the technology.

New Madrid seems to be resting, otherwise there would be lots of earthquakes in that area. If they were larger earthquakes, like 3+ striking on a daily basis, then you might have a reason to get worried; but they aren't.

New Madrid was struck by a horrendous earthquake years ago which broke up that entire regions near surface strata. If that strata was looking to do some definite surface damage in this day and age, then there would have to be lots of precursors of fairly good size that would easily be noticable (because the near surface strata was so badly broken up), but there aren't, and I don't see anything happening any time soon in that area.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
Do you happen to have a picture or some video footage of the radiation rainbow anomaly that is discussed in the videos?

This spring in Memphis Tn., I witnessed a rainbow cloud anomaly on the same day of the big one in Japan, and am curios as to whether this pressure over seas could of caused this anomaly I witnessed.

Are you affiliated in any way with this gentleman giving the 22 videos on you-tube?

No I don't have any footage of the rainbow clouds that you mention, but there are videos on the internet if you type in earthquake clouds.

If you witnessed a rainbow cloud in Memphis Tn on the same day as the great earthquake in Japan, it was only because you had moisture in the air and the sun was hitting it from the right angle to let you see the prism effect in the sky. Your rainbow wasn't connected to the Japan earthquake. So... no the pressure overseas wasn't part of the anomaly that you witnessed.

Yes, I'm affiliated with him, I know him very, very well as a matter of fact; especially when I look in the mirror.

Larger earthquakes whether they are silent slow moving earthquakes or common fast moving rupturing earthquakes can and do have their significant phenomenons. Earthquakes of all magnitudes refract a light into the air above the epicenter, the light is not in the range considered to be within the human range of sight though; some birds and animals can see it.

Human sight can easily be changed so that people can then easily see that refracted light exists in the air above the epicenter and all along the fault that is experiencing abnormal subsurface pressures. The refraction seen is an exact replica of the fault deep underground currently under pressure. These refractions are tremendous in size and are seen from 10s to hundreds of miles distance.

The farther away from the fault line you are, the more of the fault you can see in breadth; that is until you pass the limits of its radiation. Up close while standing within 20 yards of the exact epicenter, you will only see the light right above the surface of the ground, not in the sky, and it will only be about 5-10 feet across.

At 40+ miles distance, an M2.4 earthquake fault line refracted in the sky looks to be like a wall maybe 10+ miles long and maybe 1 mile from top to bottom. Sometimes the refracted wall of light is smooth, and sometimes its very, very jagged.

In general, common earthquakes can't take place without being a slow silent moving earthquake first. This slow silent movement is easily detectable, measurable and mappable before earthquakes of any magnitude takes place.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well RS, seems to me you need to step this up a notch. If this system really works, then why not get it into a place where you successfully predict some bigger quakes (5+), several times in row, with unfailing accuracy.

That would be sure to turn some heads, and maybe get you a conference with some USGS scientists. But a bigger, successful record of predictions seems to be what is needed to establish credibility.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join