It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lizardman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

There are reports of a scaly being in some parts of the USA. More specifically in Ohio and South Carolina. This creature is usually described as being 7-8 foot tall with scales and red eyes and it resembles a bipedal Lizard, or Lizardman.

Lets look at the alleged evidence and witness testimony of this creature.

The First Sighting of The Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp

George Holliman Jr was thirsty that early fall morning in 1987. It takes a very parched throat to stop and get off your bicycle at just after midnight to take a quenching sip of water from a flowing stream- however clean it may be.. Of course anyone whose ever had an exertion that's caused dehydration long enough might understand, you get relief where you can find it. After George enjoyed his liquid repast, a cigarette was in order. He'd no sooner started puffing away when something caught his eye from across the road. It appeared to Holliman that a dead tree hit by lightning was standing in an odd place across the way; when suddenly, the tree stood up just like a man would! His mind had no more processed this thing up-righting its self than a car went by causing the 7 or 8 foot entity's eyes to glow red. The creature immediately moved back into the swamp after the car had passed. According to the sheriff whom George told this to the following August, "He thought it was a hant" or haint. Southern vernacular words sometimes used for haunt, like in, "It's so ugly it could haint a house." This was to be the first sighting of what came to be called "The Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp." For many years previous, however, there had been reports of a "Wild Man" or Bigfoot like entity in the area of what was known back in those days as "Scape Whore Swamp," near the small town of Bishopville, S.C.

Christopher Davis has an Encounter

Seventeen year old Christopher Davis was driving home from work in the early morning hours of June 29th, 1988 when without that plop plop warning one will often get, a rear tire blew out on his 1976 Toyota Celica. Chris immediately pulled over on a road next to the Scape Ore Swamp. After replacing the flat with the spare, he began putting the jack and other tire changing tools back into the trunk when he heard an unusual pounding sound come from behind him. Perhaps its best left to Christopher- who passed a lie detector test the following Sept.- to describe what happened next: "I looked back and saw something running across the field towards me. It was about 25 yards away and I saw red eyes glowing. I ran into the car and as I locked it, the thing grabbed the door handle. I could see him from the neck down- the three big fingers, long black nails and green rough skin. It was strong and angry. I looked in my mirror and saw a blur of green running. I could see his toes and then he jumped on the roof of my car. I thought I heard a grunt and then I could see his fingers through the front windshield, where they curled around on the roof. I sped up and swerved to shake the creature off." Trembling and frightened, Davis made it home where his parents calmed him down enough so he could tell them what had happened. Chris's father went outside to have a look-see at the Toyota. What he found nearly stunned him. The driver's side mirror had been twisted around violently several times, and deep claw-like scratches were on the roof. Christopher and his family kept this to themselves for a couple of weeks until the sheriff of Lee County requested any information about a bizarre act of apparent vandalism on a Tom and Mary Ware's vehicle.

Christopher Davis's drawing of the reptilian cryptid

The Wares Find a Problem

The night of July 14th, 1988 was like any other for the Wares. What they were to find the next morning was anything but. Their car, which had been parked on one of Lee County's numerous back roads, had been attacked- for that is the only word to use- with the hood ornament crushed like an aluminum beer can. The entire electrical works had been ripped out from under the car along with deep claw-like scratches found all over the body of the vehicle. The police were amazed and a bit bewildered with what they discovered at the scene. The car damage was almost nothing in comparison with what must of been the power and size of what ever assaulted the car, not to mention the deeply impressed tracks; and to be absolutely frank about it, those monstrously eerie looking foot prints the creature had left behind. The sheriff's department made plaster casts of the three-toed tracks- some of which measured 14 inches in length. The South Carolina Department of Marine sources were adamant in that not only could there be no mistake in the identification, they weren't from any known animal, and that included any possibility of them being a damaged or mutated foot as well. A bit bizarrely, for some unknown reason, later on the S. C. Fish & Wildlife were to contradict the S.C.D.M. by saying they looked phony.

Scape Ore Swamp

Sightings and Some Evidence

Twelve more people claimed to have seen the Lizard Man during the summer of 1988, with many reporting having a sense of being followed before spotting the creature, while others were actually chased for short distances. Further car attacks were also reported. A major break came on July the 24th when four teenagers out on a double date spotted a massive looking "Thing" dart across the road not 20 feet in front of them. The young men apparently took the girlfriends home and then went straight to the police office reporting on what they'd all seen. Following right behind this were calls about ungodly howls or screeches from the same area, so a Lee County deputy and state trooper took off to investigate. The two officers discovered three 40 gallon cardboard drums smashed and scattered all over the road. Also uncovered were small trees with their tops torn off about eight feet from the ground. In addition three-toed foot-prints measuring 14 inches long by 7 inches wide were followed almost 900 feet into the Scrape Ore Swamp its self. As the summer ended, so did the reports

Law Enforcement with plaster casts of Lizard Man's tracks

Lizard Man Redux?

In 2008, Bob and Dixie Rawson of Bishopville greeted the morning by finding their minivan had been attacked during the night. Heavy damage around the base of the van, including long gashes to the grill and tire wells. In addition to their cats missing, the fresh carcasses of a cow and coyote were found by the Lee County Sheriff in an adjoining field. The History channels Monster Quest later estimated at least three hundred pounds of torque would have been required to do the damage on the Rawson car fender. The minivan wasn't the only vehicle reported attacked either. Perhaps we haven't heard the last from Lizard Man.

Source: alastar-packer.hubpages.com...

[Continued]

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Ohio Creature Footprints

“I am not used to seeing the kind of tracks in my back yard like the samples I’m attaching here. Any ideas? Looks BIG. Gulp.” So read the email I received last week from my close friend S. with 4 photos attached (the one above was also a Coast to Coast AM Photo of the Day on 1/27/11). He lives in Franklin County, Ohio near Columbus, works in a highly visible profession and is too shy to post these images himself — but he’s also alarmed by the footprints he and his wife found in their back yard last week after the last big snowfall. Knowing of my keen interest in the ridiculous-yet-hard-to-explain, he sent them to me. He’s been perusing BFRO’s site for sasquatch sightings in his area looking to make some kind of sense of this, but to no avail. “The right track has blood on it — the right foot seems to indicate a foot injury,” his email continued. “We are kinda freaking out. We have spent hours combing through wild animal track books, trying to isolate and identify the tracks, hoping to come up with an explanation. WHOA. Freaking. S.” He says the tracks crossed through his yard and stopped at a large tree. Sadly there was no shivering juvenile squatch hiding in the tree when he looked up — but then where did it go? Did it fly away? Jersey devil? Mothman? My two cents — these aren’t sasquatch, Jersey devil or mothman prints; they’re clearly dogman prints. Perhaps it leapt from the tree onto another tree or onto his roof (he didn’t think to look there for more prints) and was gone. (UPDATE 1/27/11: I just searched and found this regarding Ohio’s “Loveland creature,” a reptilian spotted in 1955 and 1972, so I’m switching my opinion from dogman to lizardman.) They’re real. It’s not a hoax. Your theory? He’s open to your explanations.

Source: brain-on-fire.com...

So what are some of your thoughts on this creature? Like any other cryptid, tales and legends surround it with some eyewitness testimony. Much like the Dogman creature, I think that something is out there that defies logic that may fit what people are seeing when they describe a "Lizardman".

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

The drawing of this creature is eerily similar to the picture of the beheaded reptilian that was killed by the South American shamans. In the picture someone is holding the head while another kid pokes it with a stick to show the teeth. I am sure someone out there has access to the picture and could post it. I have always wondered about the authenticity of that picture? If anyone out there has information about the validity of that picture I would appreciate if they shared. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This?

shows a reptilian that has been killed and beheaded in the jungle of South America by local shamans (cropped enlargement seen on the right) :

Source: educate-yourself.org...

Wow, that looks eerily similar to the creature from the black lagoon.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
This?

Source: educate-yourself.org...

Wow, that looks eerily similar to the creature from the black lagoon.

looks like a decomposed K-9 to me..

i still think that some of these creature sightings are a result of some sort of interdimensional "lapse" where for a brief moment both our dimension as well as another inter-twine for some time

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Great post! S&F for you! I've always loved stories of lizardman. I've actually heard a tale of a lizardman being spotted near my little part of Kentucky. I've chalked that particular sighting up to the ramblings of someone who was either very drunk or very high (probably the latter) but who knows. I do believe that at least some of the people who claimed to have seen him really did see something.

Those footprints in the snow are interesting. I tried to think of normal animals that could have caused tracks like that and couldn't think of anything. Oh well, I don't have much to add to the thread, but just wanted to say thanks for it. Very interesting! I love a good cryptid thread!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Holy crap, it's the Flukeman from the X-Files!

I always had trouble believing in stories of wolf and lizard men. They always seemed to be nothing more than local legends to me. A cryptid that was only ever spotted in the same general area, as opposed to something like bigfoot which is seen world-wide, is much harder to believe in for me.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Nice Vrill. Scary.

The reptilian head is fake apparently, damn

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What about this thing?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9e7f2361026.jpg[/atsimg]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Here are some sightings of the Lizardman in Kentucky.

Stephensport, Breckenridge County

In the early fall of 1966, Joe, a 9 year old boy at the time, woke up to a loud thrashing noise outside of his bedroom window at approximately 1:00am. He went to his window to peak outside, but there was nothing in view. Naturally, Joe went to his living room to investigate the sound that continued to bang against his house. When he came to the living room, he pulled back the curtains of the front door window – to his surprise, he was staring at a 5’6” to 6’ tall man of amphibious characteristics, with dark brown scales covering its entire body. The creature had webbed feet and hands, and little dark eyes. Joe recollects that the brief moment he seen the creature’s face, it appeared to have “hard,” huge rows of gills that flared out on both sides of its face, resembling that of a lizard. Joe doesn’t remember the creature having a nose, lips, muscles, or genitals, but there was a ridge-like feature starting from its forehead and running back over the top of its head. After the brief moment Joe peered at the creature through the window, it quickly ran for the creek next to Joe’s house. Joe, yet shocked, ran to an adjacent window to catch a glimpse of it as it ran away on two legs towards a creek about 75 yards from his house. Charlie Raymond (Investigator) and Barton Nunnelly (Sketch artist) provided a follow-up investigation of Joe’s sighting of the Lizard Man in 2006 (making Joe 49 years old at the time.) It was noted that Joe is also married, with two children in college. Joe continually stressed to Raymond and Nunnelly that the creature was “amphibious looking,” although it ran/stood on two feet. He stated that there would be no way someone would have dressed up in a costume like that considering to this day he couldn’t imagine someone owning such a life-like costume, especially 40 years ago in Breckenridge County. Later sightings of the Lizard Man in Kentucky grew during the 70s (but have died out since) in Louisville – which makes sense, considering Louisville and Breckenridge County are close in region. In October 1975, near Milton, Kentucky, Clarence Cable reported a 'giant lizard' roaming the forests near his junkyard. “Author Peter Guttilla, described the creature Cable [saw] as 'about fifteen feet long, had a foot-long forked tongue, and big eyes that bulged something like a frog's. It was dull-white with black-and-white stripes across its body with quarter-size speckles over it’” (“Other Kryptids”.) Unfortunately, these stories are the latest sightings of the Lizard Man in Kentucky. There haven’t been (to my knowledge) any sightings during the 21st century.

Source: kentuckycryptids.blogspot.com...

More Lizardman sightings from the blue grass state: kentuckybigfoot.com...

Were any of these the tale that you heard?

Enjoy

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
So, the local mayor/congressman/senator/government official is a PTB reptilian and sometimes he goes on a tear when he gets a little too liquored up?

Missing cats? Missing cats sounds like ALF..

Cool fun stuff. S & F

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

My first thought after seeing those foot prints was ice shoes. Do you think this is a possibility?

Alibaba.com ice shoes

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Since there was blood reportedly found in the right footprint of the footprints in the snow in the Ohio case, why didnt anyone take a sample of the blood and have it tested and anilysed???
Was it because the people were stupid or just that its a hoax?

edit on 15-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Yeah, I kind of figured that the head was a hoax. I just posted the pictures since someone asked about them.

And that picture you posted, wow. That looks semi demonic. Maybe a poltergeist?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by Vrill

My first thought after seeing those foot prints was ice shoes. Do you think this is a possibility?

Alibaba.com ice shoes

I think we have a winner here people.
Great find elouina

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

What you have there are deer tracks where the deers hindfoot steps into the snow behind the front, The front then drags leaving the "clawlike" impression which are nothing more than the front hooves sliding out of the track. A little more snow on top obliterated any signs inside of track of where the deer made contact with the ground leaving the oversize tracks in the picture.
If it were an actual bipedal creature it would have to have been hopping to have left paired tracks such as those but it is a perfect match for a walking pattern in a deer.
There you go.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
funny. I work in Loveland ohio.
but the local legend is of a giant frog, not a lizard. supposedly it was originally seen by a local policeman who still swears by it to this day. I believe that was about 35-40 years ago.
and no, I'm not 10. I'm almost 50.
hard telling what is out there.... there are rumors of bigfoot living near the little miami river also.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Damn, that second story in the op is freaky

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Hey, thanks for that! Very interesting to find that there are even more lizardman sightings in Kentucky! I had no idea! The one I heard about was supposedly spotted walking down a rail road that mostly runs along a river. It seems that most of these sightings are near a creek or river... very interesting.

I really don't know what to make of the sighting here. On one hand most people around here don't get too excited over much of anything and it would be odd for someone to just make up a story like that, but on the other hand, a drug induced hallucination would not be uncommon at all here, lol. I'll have to ask around and see if I can get more details on the story. As it is right now, I don't even know WHEN it happened. The only details I have are the ones I've already stated and that it was supposed to be a "man with a lizard head." And I'll freely admit that I laughed out loud the first time I heard it, but after getting online and hearing about other similar sightings, it does make me wonder.

Thanks again!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Charizard

Holy crap, your...your avatar...a reptilian, 3 claws and all!!!!

edit on 15-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join