It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what I thought I saw "confusing"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
When last I posted I thought my crazy neighbors had moved I saw them carrying out a tv boxes and king sized mattress with a u-haul. Well today 1/15 I'm still not sure as they have been here all day and at 9p.m. they start with their loud mouths outside and slamming doors and barking dogs.
So unfortunately it was a bit presumptuous of me to assume they were moving maybe the court ordered evicted ones finally moved. Although the main offending couple were the ones carrying out the stuff.
So we're giving it until Tuesday so we know what exactly is going on here and I told my older friend that we should call the office then and let them know about the pot situation, I generally don't like to get involved in things like that but they've got me virtually at wits end. So no happy ending yet but am tired of this and willing to fight back legally.
Will try not to jump to conclusions next time but I even saw her carrying out the dog bowls. So hopefully after Tuesday I'll be able to report an accurate conclusion to this. Any further suggestions would be helpful (never been around the drug crowd before).
Thanks again everyone.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

this sounds like a bad case of nosy, paranoid neighbor to me...

my advice to you..

mind your own business

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well, I'm just glad and I bet the officers are glad, that we have both, have had, at least a one week break week from a psychotic child.

Totally stressful, that's all I will say.

Hope your situation gets better. I feel for you.

But, yes, I agree. MOYB.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I know how that can be.

My neighbors start fires outside, shoot guns, run dirt bikes, and report on anything and anyone around them to the law. I live in the country, where it's live and let live, more or less. I had a car out of service, with outdated plates, and they reported it to the police. I had to get the car out of here or get it serviced and operating. It was sitting there for years, (keeping it for my kid who lives in an apartment), and no neighbors cared until this family moved into a foreclosure.

Cops have stopped there to stop the fires, apparently, but the obnoxious noise and shooting continues. Now they have a big fence all around their home so no one can see what they are up to.

Rough crowd.

I don't bother with them, and don't report them. It is what it is. I believe in letting people be free, I just expect the bullets and fireworks, bonfires, etc. to not burn down my home or put a bullet in me or mine.

Is that asking too much?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My advice would be to let the authorities
handle this situation. Tend to your side
of the fence and don't be a snitch. If you
see someones life in jeopardy just call the
cops.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

This is not someone who is nosy or paranoid but probably you've never had to live around people like this who start up everything late at night sometimes 12:00am this is someone who is trapped in a bad situation and I'd mind my own business if the business didn't sound through the walls and doors and windows everynight for the last seven months. If it weren't for a nasty little thing we have around here called 1st last and secrity deposit I would happily move. If you haven't had to live like this please don't be so judgmental and consider yourself lucky!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

you have my sympathy I've heard how that can be and can be a real downer to the nie part of living in the country. I guess there's not much the law can do around there? Best of luck and hope you do stay clear of the bullets and fires.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I have neighbors that sit there honking a horn 24/7 when they get drunk. I don't turn them in for noise complaint. Eventually, they stop and fall asleep.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
reply to post by ooYODAoo

This is not someone who is nosy or paranoid but probably you've never had to live around people like this who start up everything late at night sometimes 12:00am this is someone who is trapped in a bad situation and I'd mind my own business if the business didn't sound through the walls and doors and windows everynight for the last seven months. If it weren't for a nasty little thing we have around here called 1st last and secrity deposit I would happily move. If you haven't had to live like this please don't be so judgmental and consider yourself lucky!

based on the information you provided, it sounds like some people are "active" at night..moving furniture and dog bowls around....

how does that relate to drug smuggling, pot growing criminals to you? if you live in the U.S remember people have certain "rights"

NOW....unless you have concrete photographic or eye witness testimony that these people are without a shadow of a dought are drug smuggling/growing criminals....i would be very careful if i were you..last thing you want if for one of them to find out you snitched them out...

ive been in your situation before...and honestly screw that deposite! im outa there

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If you are that concerned and have concrete evidence that they are dealing drugs, then anonymously contact your local drug enforcement agency.

But, if your neighbors suspect you. You are their first target. And you will be the fallout of the situation. And, most likely, they own guns.

So, I would be discrete in deciding on what you are going to do.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You sound like a terrible neighbor yourself - what with the snooping and drawing conclusions about people all while expecting the authorities to be the neighborhood baby sitter.

Mind your own damn business

They aren't on your property and as long as nobody is in danger & no obvious crimes are being committed it's not your job to be the neighborhood "old bitty" with nothing better to do than theorize about the neighbors comings & goings.

In America people can come and go as many times a day as they want at whatever hours of the day they want.

My advise? Stop peeking through the blinds and do something constructive instead of spending your energy fabricating your own imaginary neighborhood soap opera.

edit on 15-1-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
I know how that can be.

My neighbors start fires outside, shoot guns, run dirt bikes, and report on anything and anyone around them to the law. I live in the country, where it's live and let live, more or less. I had a car out of service, with outdated plates, and they reported it to the police. I had to get the car out of here or get it serviced and operating. It was sitting there for years, (keeping it for my kid who lives in an apartment), and no neighbors cared until this family moved into a foreclosure.

Cops have stopped there to stop the fires, apparently, but the obnoxious noise and shooting continues. Now they have a big fence all around their home so no one can see what they are up to.

Rough crowd.

I don't bother with them, and don't report them. It is what it is. I believe in letting people be free, I just expect the bullets and fireworks, bonfires, etc. to not burn down my home or put a bullet in me or mine.

Is that asking too much?

my sentiments exactly. but if you leave them alone turn about is fair play. pretty crappy of them to report your car.
my neighbors had someone come burn their shed down which disclosed they had a meth lab.
I find that a bit disturbing, but if they stay on their side of the creek I'll stay on mine....
they have lived there 2 years. i don't bother them, they don't bother me. country etiquette.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The happiest I have ever been is this past year when we moved out of a crowded neighborhood out to the middle of nowhere, where the nearest neighbor is a mile away. There are three kinds of neighbors: Those that are respectful, considerate, and mind their own business; those that are nosy jerks who call the cops and animal control for every little thing; and those that are straight from hell, who are noisy, rude, inconsiderate, and dangerous.

I've had neighbors kill my cats, call the cops because our truck's bumper was a few inches over onto the sidewalk in our driveway, neighbors that used our fence as a backstop for their baseball games until it was in shreds, and neighbors who enjoyed eavesdropping on my husband and I as we were frolicking in the pool sans bathing suits.

The feeling I have now of having nobody even remotely close to us is so peaceful and serene, it is a fantastic feeling. If I want to run around nekkid in my yard at night to view the stars, I can do it, and nobody would know. My cats run freely on our acreage without fear of some cat-hating neighbor shooting them, poisoning them, or trapping them for animal control to pick up.

I'll never go back to living close to other people if I can at all help it.

For those of you who say you can't afford it, our land and house was dirt cheap, and we were able to pay for it in cash. Best investment EVER!!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

And why is this on ATS?
2nd line.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Alot you know I;m not peeking through blinds when its happening right in front of my window. Boy how easy it is for those who have never experienced it to judge other people like at least you and the other one seems to enjoy doing. Beware of the Karma.You don't know the kind of person I can be so don't rush to snap judgments.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HeluvaStorm

If you have a lease, it probably includes the provision that you have 'quiet and peaceful' use of the premises. If the neighbors are noisy after hours to the point of being unable to sleep, you have grounds to break your lease. Your landlord should be notified that your rights are being violated by the neighbors.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

You are a very lucky person unfortunately I know I've got the #3 of the kind of neighbors you mentioned dangerous rude and inconsiderate. Unlike the two on this board who have drawn and quartered me for wanting some peace in my life and be able to have a full nights sleep you seem to understand the situation and that I'm not the kind of person who does call the police or animal control for anything. but I do feel like I'm entitled to have a little enjoyment of the place that costs so much money and all I'm getting is a lot of heartache.
Were it possible I would buy my own house somewhere like you are and I would be one happy camper. I can be a good neighbor unfortunate for what I have is bunch vermin.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HeluvaStorm

Because as the rant says its a chance to blow off some steem.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I'm not rushing to judgement - just basing my conclusions on the information you've given.
And you shouldn't assume that I've never experienced that myself
In fact the neighbors right across from me pound on their door like the cops at all hours of the night and you can hear them yelling and playing loud music all the time.

This isn't the 1st place that's happened either - but you know what? That's life...some people decide to live it and others decide to spend their time complaining about it

EDIT: Are they really all bad? Have you ever tried to get to know them? If it was one of your friends that lived there and they were loud and annoying I'm sure you'd give them the benefit of the doubt and it wouldn't bother you so much...

2nd EDIT: Nevermind - I just read your other posts to see if I'm missing something & apparently you've already called the cops "over half a dozen times" on them - So...in light of the circumstances I revert to my original statement

Just think of this as an opportunity to develop some patience and a learning experience about handling conflict Obviously calling the cops never makes it better - unless it is truly a situation where cops are needed - and I'm not talking about a noise complaint

new topics

top topics

join