It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert Superpac : If corporations are people, Romney is a serial killer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Out of a wide circle of family, friends and aquaintances, I have not heard one of them saying they'd vote for Romney. Even overhearing conversations at the bar tend towards anti-Romney.

With the exception of a few posters here and the talking heads on the MSM.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Our elections are rigged and have been for awhile. With the advent of computerized voting stations and companies owned by Israeli defense frims (VOXEO). www.rense.com...

You see Romney is in the lead because he is allowed to be. He has already kneeled down and kissed the ring and promised to be a good lil terrorist. deadlinelive.info...

He will say or do anything to get elected he is a high ranking Mormon and they believe they will be the ones to usher in the End Days, because it will not happen till a Mormon is elected president accoring to their end time prophecy.

Below is edited in:

I have a feeling that if he is elected (God save us all) Jeb Bush will be his Vice.
edit on 16-1-2012 by WhereAreTheGoodguys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You know what amazes me when I watch videos like the one posted in the OP?

Mitt Romney is right!!

People love to play that "Corporations are people" clip, but Mitt Romney is correct in saying that. The Supreme Court ruled that Corporations are people and that they have rights. Money is "free speech". I would expect Mitt Romney to know this, after all how else could he and his big business buddies lobby, bribe and find ways to get what they want at the expense of others... but Romney is right.

January 21, 2010 by a vote of 5-4 the US Supreme Court opened the flood gates onto Politics in a way lobbyist could only have dreamed of before. You can read more about it at this link :

Corporations are people

So Mitt Romney is RIGHT!!! Corporations ARE people in the eyes of the law. What Mitt does not get is that is also part of the problem!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

could you please supply us as to where you got that graph? We wouldnt any lies on this site now would we? we get enough from the goverment

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

I think your statement of it's ok to be selfish is the reason we're in this problem in the first place. I would wager everything I own that is Ritt gets into office it'll be the same old rheteric or worse and i can only imagine what'll it'll be like when it makes it to worse...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And it's narrated by John Lithgow, who played the serial killer Trinity in Dexter.

Wait, I thought Phage was the one who played Trinity on Dexter. Check out his profile avatar, the guy looks just like him!

Anyways, Romney seems like such a tool. At this point I would even nominate my house keeper Esmeralda for president, but Romney strikes me as being just another privileged, detached from the real world career politician.

SNL just did a funny piece about him the other night. They totally got his voice down, it really made him look lame.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
How did romney not get fired yet? He sounds like an evil evil man.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by Diablos
Just another Mitt Romney hater who attacks him benefiting from the free market. The business world is a dog-eat-dog world and is cruel. Corporations don't have feelings, and if they are weak and a smart businessman (Mitt Romney) buys them out and has to make some tough decisions that is normally perceived as unethical by the left, then so be it.

I am beginning to think those who attack Romney's business style and call him a "vulture capitalist" are really just liberals who mask themselves as conservatives.

Also, there is nothing wrong with having donations from large corporations in the business world. Romney made some strong business contacts and those donations are a result of his hard work and ingenuity in the private sector.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Diablos because: (no reason given)

Hell ya, what do we need jobs in the US for anyways?

Eliminate minimum wage and people will get paid more monies!

If you remove minimum wage why will people get paid more? Don't you realise the point was to set a minimum?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Okay, then. All you collectivist, Marxist, OWS sympathizers here on this message board should be frothing at the mouth to support Mr. Romney then, for taking out all those nasty, greedy, and evil job creat....uh.... corporations. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, no?

I have my reasons for not liking Mitt, but it has nothing to do with either his economics or his religion, and if he gets the nod, I'll pull the lever for him. Obummer has to go. Our nation won't survive another term.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Duamutef9 because: grammatical correction

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraemeI find this comment interesting. So you're saying you would prefer a less intelligent person to have more money than someone who actually originated an idea simply because they have the capacity to be more underhanded? Wouldn't we make our country "more great" if we funneled the resources to the people who invent the transformative ideas that advance our society instead of giving it to those who swindle it away?

This is a really weak argument. In our capitalistic society, no one "gives" these successful businessmen that the people in this thread like to call "vulture capitalists", they earned their money. If Albert Einstein couldn't be hired as a theoretical physicist, do you think his brilliance entitles him to a job and success? Because, that is what Nikola Tesla believed. He believes because of his genius, he should be much more successful than the less intelligent Thomas Edison. Unfortunately for him, capitalism doesn't work that way. It rewards the best businessman, and that was clearly Thomas Edison.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstarso they put their profits first, their people second....
pay them so little that their people end up running to the food stamp office so they can eat...
and then....
they gripe and complain when the gov't asks them for more money, so the slaves can be fed???

There is nothing wrong with that. If they want to have a decent lifestyle, then they should learn skills that are useful to an employer and retrain in a lucrative field. Corporations aren't forcing these people to work for them, so the fact you call them slaves just shows how much you hate the free market. Even Ron Paul would agree with this, and one of the few good things about him is he would abolish all corporate taxes.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kokatsi

If the basis of America would be "free market capitalism," the Founding Fathers would have surely included it in the wording of the Constitution.

But there is absolutely nothing about "free markets" in that document which inspired hundreds of millions of people across history.

Which suggests it is a misinterpretation to equate dog-eat-dog capitalism with America.

So, you believe the Founding Fathers are against the free market principles that allowed Mitt Romney to reap the success and wealth he did, and that the free market needs to be regulated?

He earned his money legally and reaped the rewards of the capitalistic system we live in. If you don't like that, there are plenty of communist countries for you to move to in the world, comrade.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTzWOW... How ignorant can you get? "He never had any political obligation to the employees" Oh it's okay to fire people and hire more later because they are replaceable... Way to get vote there...

Yes, it is. Any truly logical conservative thinker (there are many of them as indicated by the polls) would see that one is not obligated to the citizens if they are not in office. Mitt Romney is currently annihilating Ron Paul in the polls, so I wonder if many people agree with you?

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTzand this is one of the main things wrong with corporations. They have no social responsibility and as long as the shareholders are profiting... who gives a crap about the employees. Even if the conditions are unsafe and equipment is faulty...

This is the typical rank spewed by the leftists and communists. If you think corporations should place social responsibility above profits, why don't you start your own business and see how far that gets you? It seems the only people who understand this are those either in business oriented families (myself, for example) or have owned successful businesses.

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTzNow you have to be a sociopath to be the best? Figures... who would want a job that is nothing more than a puppet anyways... Oh yeah... a sociopath!

This is just more evidence that you have little clue of how the business world works.

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTzSO in order to run a successful business you have to be a sociopath, throw out ethics, have no social responsibility, be cold hearted, greedy, capitalist, and know how to manipulate and take advantage of the government and it's people.

Is there a problem with being greedy, capitalistic, cold hearted? There is a reason why the most successful people on wall street are the most ruthless and cutthroat. Businesses have no moral obligation or social responsibility to the people, how can you not understand such a simple concept? Oh, and are you a commie? It seems you have a problem with people who are capitalists.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
To the self-proclaimed libertarians on this site: How can you call Mitt Romney a "vulture capitalist" when you claim to be for the free market? The same free market he used to benefit from like any successful businessman? How can you fault him or other corporations that do not display social responsibility?

Do you realize the whole notion of "social responsibility" is communistic? Why not we make you socially responsible for your less fortunate fellow man and lets take your money to pay for their entitlements? See what I did there? So, how can you expect a corporation to place the feelings of its employees before maximizing profits for its shareholders? Are you guys really just commies masking yourselves as "free-market" champions?
edit on 16-1-2012 by Diablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine."~Tesla

In every way that matters to a physicist, inventor, and electrical engineer, Tesla was many times more successful that Edison. Tesla worked to advance society. Edison would have kept us in the dark ages if it meant higher profits and/or him seeming right about something.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

edit on 16-1-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I don't know what to believe about free markets as far as the Constitution goes, but Ron Paul actually defends Romney on these attacks.

BTW, I could not imagine myself voting for Romney but I am just posting this for some thoughts.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm voting for whomever is running against Obama.

That fool and 'Big Sis' Napolitano will have us all in FEMA camps before too long.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

V here is another one.

I thought this one is another good vid about Romney.

edit on 16-1-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join