It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert Superpac : If corporations are people, Romney is a serial killer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Goldman Sachs. LOL!!!!!

America wake the hell up about this guy would you?

The other candidates need to NAIL Romney on that
edit on 15-1-2012 by CoolStoryMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

If it is about jobs, then why was he buying businesses and laying people off?

This election is about JOBS, JOBS, and JOBS. Americans are voting for the person with the most seasoned experience in job creation and running successful businesses, and that is hands down Mitt Romney

How are his businesses successful?
edit on 15/1/2012 by Planet teleX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

LiquesenceYEs, it's definitely OK to put personal/corporate interests and greed before the people one is supposed to represent. Great presidential material, there. I guess, also that if

He never had any political obligation to the employees, he wasn't in any office. He was a businessman, and he acted like any normal person in his position would. The purpose of any corporation is to maximize profits for their shareholders, not listen to the feelings of its employees who are easily replaceable. If he did what you guys expected of him to do, the companies would have failed and he would have surely been out of a job after the board of directors were through with him.

Liquesencethat pretty much makes them sociopaths, since they are now considered "people."

It explains why sociopaths make for the best middle to upper management executives. Typically, the most ethical and humane businesses are those that always fail.

Originally posted by LiquesenceSo we have a potential president looking out for and "eating" others in a capitalistic, sociopathic (SELFISH) way at the expense of those (populace) who he is supposed to represent.

So what? Capitalism ensures the best businessman wins. Most of the time, the best businessman is not always the most ethical one. For example: Thomas Edison vs Nikola Tesla. The former being much less intelligent and ethical than the latter, but is much more known for his business sense and skills than the latter. That is capitalism. If you hate capitalism, then may I suggest other countries such as China and Cuba, comrade?

Originally posted by LiquesenceOh, wait, he is representing the corporations and the rich who contribute to his campaign in the hopes of getting elected. Got it. My bad.

Then please tell me, why is he leading among the polls, especially among the gritty blue collar conservatives? If he's for the corporations, how is it possible that he is leading? Why has he won in Iowa and New Hampshire and currently leading SC? Because he commands great respect and admiration from many people.

Originally posted by LiquesenceI guess it's okay and deserving for those who *can* rise to the top by the step-on-you-to-get-up-myself attitude to rise and become president because, after all, they are taking advantage of the American Dream (to their own, corporations' and contributors' advantage and benefit and to the detriment of the American people). Got it.

Again, this is capitalism. It is a dog-eat-dog world. Do you have a problem with the free-market principles that made this country great?

edit on 15-1-2012 by Diablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

And also just another thing ive noticed........

If you are such a conservative, and HE is such a conservative.........how come none of the conservative talkshow hosts want to touch this guy with a ten foot pole?

Answer:

Because hes a liberal and tho i hate the word, he IS the definition of Neocon...........also, thanks for ignoring my other posts when presented with facts......

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitchiloHere's what I said :
He's a warmonger : On Iran : Romney says ‘prepare for war’ against Iran
On Iraq : Romney supports President Bush on the Iraq war, but Anderson last winter issued a proclamation condemning President Bush's push to wage war.

Are you a liberal? It seems everything is considered "warmongering" to you guys. Iran is a dangerous enemy that must be completely obliterated by our superior military and technology.

Originally posted by VitchiloHe's anti-second amendment : Romney 2004 : Signs PERMANENT assault weapons ban

*Yawn*, more sensationalism I see. The new legislation was meant to make it impossible for criminals to have the right to bear arms, and most leaves law-abiding citizens with no criminal records' constitutional right intact.

Originally posted by VitchiloHe doesn't know the constitution : Mitt Romney: I dont know what the Constitution says! Ask Ron Paul

It was a light hearted joke, seriously. If anything, Ron Paul should take it as praise as it is known how much of a die hard constitutionalist he is. You people need to lighten up.

Originally posted by VitchiloWrote Obamacare : Gruber: Romney Is "Lying"; Romneycare and Obamacare Are "The Same F***ing Bill"

Only thing I truly disagree with him on, but other than Rick Perry and Ron Paul, the other candidates will eventually endorse Obamacare. Most people will never get a politician they agree with on all issues, so people have to pick the best out of the pack, and that is Mitt Romney.

Originally posted by VitchiloSupports anti-terrorism BS bills : Romney Backs Interrogation, Patriot Act

So what? As long as such bills are not in violation of your constitutional rights, then you have no valid reason to complain. Terrorism is at an all time high in these times, and our law enforcement officials need to be armed with the proper tools to protect the public from terrorists.

Originally posted by VitchiloAnd to end it all : 99 Reasons To Either Love Or Hate Mitt Romney

Another opinion peace. I'd rather not.

Originally posted by VitchiloThe guy is a neo-con corporatist shill.

Any successful businessman is considered to be a "neo-con corporatist shill" by you people, unless the "shill" starts supporting Ron Paul. Then he suddenly becomes a champion of capitalism.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

And also just another thing ive noticed........

If you are such a conservative, and HE is such a conservative.........how come none of the conservative talkshow hosts want to touch this guy with a ten foot pole?

Because those religious idiots care more for social issues rather than economic ones, such as the fact he is pro-birth control and is a mormon rather than his business skill and his great track record of job creation in the private sector. They would rather vote for a priest with no economic sense rather than Romney.

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMaskBecause hes a liberal and tho i hate the word, he IS the definition of Neocon...........also, thanks for ignoring my other posts when presented with facts......

What facts? Some youtube video with quotes taken out of context and slanderous, untrue statements is now considered factual? Maybe it is you who is the secret liberal? The word "neo-con" is typically used by liberals to attack business-oriented conservatives.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Because those religious idiots care more for social issues rather than economic ones, such as the fact he is pro-birth control and is a mormon rather than his business skill and his great track record of job creation in the private sector. They would rather vote for a priest with no economic sense rather than Romney.

You call them religious idiots and then go on to say its because romney is mormon?

So is Glenn Beck, and he even admits this guy is a liberal.....

And how do you know hes pro birth control? Did you NOT watch the video? The guy will flip flop back and forth on that issue depending on which group hes in front of.......

What facts? Some youtube video with quotes taken out of context and slanderous, untrue statements is now considered factual? Maybe it is you who is the secret liberal? The word "neo-con" is typically used by liberals to attack business-oriented conservatives.

First , anyone who knows anything about me knwos im a big time conservative.......and im also a big time constitutionalist........so secret liberal? I find that laughable..........

I think ROMNEY is a liberal.......

And what about ANYTHING in those vids was taken out of context and "slanderous"? They were his OWN words......

How is it out of context? He was pretty clear about it in the vids...........you obviously didnt watch it....

You can make up your own opinion about him and thats fine.......

But you cant make up your own facts.............just like you tried to throw out the "vulture capitalist" thing earlier as an attack on anyone using it, by trying to turn it back on them.........when its funny because it was HIS camp that coined it..........

edit on 15-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

It's clear that you do not understand or are intentionally being obtuse.

The Patriot act was a clear violation of our constitutional rights.

This has nothing to do with RP, and more to do with what Romney is against. I invite you to look at the constitution and the candidates proposals/stances. You will see a stark difference!
edit on 15-1-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Diablos

You're entitled to your opinion

It's not my opinion, it's facts.

Here's what I said :
He's a warmonger : On Iran : Romney says ‘prepare for war’ against Iran
On Iraq : Romney supports President Bush on the Iraq war, but Anderson last winter issued a proclamation condemning President Bush's push to wage war.

He's anti-second amendment : Romney 2004 : Signs PERMANENT assault weapons ban

He doesn't know the constitution : Mitt Romney: I dont know what the Constitution says! Ask Ron Paul

Wrote Obamacare : Gruber: Romney Is "Lying"; Romneycare and Obamacare Are "The Same F***ing Bill"

Supports anti-terrorism BS bills : Romney Backs Interrogation, Patriot Act

And to end it all : 99 Reasons To Either Love Or Hate Mitt Romney

The guy is a neo-con corporatist shill.

I think we need a new thread to encompass all of these things. The video collection is stacking up as well...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Romney took foreign seed money to start all of his corporations. These are foreign investors he's making rich (to some degree), but firing americans.

That seems very american of him to enrich foreigners at the cost of firing americans in this country!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Someone said on page one that Romney has created jobs. Show me one single job the man has created for middle class America? I know of several corporations he has bought up, chopped up and closed down all in the name of profits. That is THOUSANDS of jobs he has destroyed. His foreign interest money alone is enough to make you question his "job creations".

Someone who takes that much money from banks and corporations, and who has shown a proven track record of not giving a damn about anything but money? Yeah.. he ain't getting my vote. Oh im sure he'll get a lot of the ignorant voters though.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

So what? Capitalism ensures the best businessman wins. Most of the time, the best businessman is not always the most ethical one. For example: Thomas Edison vs Nikola Tesla. The former being much less intelligent and ethical than the latter, but is much more known for his business sense and skills than the latter. That is capitalism.

I find this comment interesting. So you're saying you would prefer a less intelligent person to have more money than someone who actually originated an idea simply because they have the capacity to be more underhanded? Wouldn't we make our country "more great" if we funneled the resources to the people who invent the transformative ideas that advance our society instead of giving it to those who swindle it away?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

so they put their profits first, their people second....
pay them so little that their people end up running to the food stamp office so they can eat...
and then....
they gripe and complain when the gov't asks them for more money, so the slaves can be fed???

and that's all right with the world...
it's sustainable!!
till of course....
there is no one but the rich with their masses of profits, to pay the tab ....'
then well, as we are finding out now...
it's not so sustainable now!!!
so they try to make it out like it's the workers fault, they should have went to college, educated themselves, worked harder...and on and on...
they don't deserve to eat...
they should depend on the kind hearted nature of their neighbors (earning slave wages themselves).....
basically, now, that the whole thing is not sustainable....
they want to throw their workers under the bus!!!!
they deserve to have the system that made them so much profit come crashing down on their heads!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos

LiquesenceYEs, it's definitely OK to put personal/corporate interests and greed before the people one is supposed to represent. Great presidential material, there. I guess, also that if

He never had any political obligation to the employees, he wasn't in any office. He was a businessman, and he acted like any normal person in his position would. The purpose of any corporation is to maximize profits for their shareholders, not listen to the feelings of its employees who are easily replaceable. If he did what you guys expected of him to do, the companies would have failed and he would have surely been out of a job after the board of directors were through with him.

Liquesencethat pretty much makes them sociopaths, since they are now considered "people."

It explains why sociopaths make for the best middle to upper management executives. Typically, the most ethical and humane businesses are those that always fail.

Originally posted by LiquesenceSo we have a potential president looking out for and "eating" others in a capitalistic, sociopathic (SELFISH) way at the expense of those (populace) who he is supposed to represent.

So what? Capitalism ensures the best businessman wins. Most of the time, the best businessman is not always the most ethical one. For example: Thomas Edison vs Nikola Tesla. The former being much less intelligent and ethical than the latter, but is much more known for his business sense and skills than the latter. That is capitalism. If you hate capitalism, then may I suggest other countries such as China and Cuba, comrade?

Originally posted by LiquesenceOh, wait, he is representing the corporations and the rich who contribute to his campaign in the hopes of getting elected. Got it. My bad.

Then please tell me, why is he leading among the polls, especially among the gritty blue collar conservatives? If he's for the corporations, how is it possible that he is leading? Why has he won in Iowa and New Hampshire and currently leading SC? Because he commands great respect and admiration from many people.

Originally posted by LiquesenceI guess it's okay and deserving for those who *can* rise to the top by the step-on-you-to-get-up-myself attitude to rise and become president because, after all, they are taking advantage of the American Dream (to their own, corporations' and contributors' advantage and benefit and to the detriment of the American people). Got it.

Again, this is capitalism. It is a dog-eat-dog world. Do you have a problem with the free-market principles that made this country great?

If the basis of America would be "free market capitalism," the Founding Fathers would have surely included it in the wording of the Constitution.

But there is absolutely nothing about "free markets" in that document which inspired hundreds of millions of people across history.

Which suggests it is a misinterpretation to equate dog-eat-dog capitalism with America.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Why on earth would people even contemplate electing such a person to public office of the highest order of trust?
Obviously this psychopath has neither morals nor compassion.
This behavior is as socially destructive as organised crime....(IS just another type of it!)
I am done, it is clear to me that our system is deranged and run by total megalomaniacs.
Psychopaths are the personality which thrives in our system....(not the extreme ones, obviously)
This serial Killer personality is the successful buisness model personality.
This is what you must become to be a success in the system.....
I can easily see this guy sacrificing any amount of his countrymen to start a war he or his corp could make billions off of.....Hes a money Golem....
And hes a front runner?
The world is gone mad i tell you....................

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

At what point is enough enough? Sure capitalism is great and our country would not be here without it, but when you cut thousands of jobs so a hundred' peoples salary increases or a companies stock price goes up a few points there is an issue. There needs to be balance and regulation. For instance, you have companies like GE who claim $14 billion in net profit, yet receive a tax return because our legislation was written to help them. I understand the tax breaks for new companies, but come on....

Plus Romney is Mormon... Anyone who believes that no-sense has to be off their rocker.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

WOW... How ignorant can you get? "He never had any political obligation to the employees" Oh it's okay to fire people and hire more later because they are replaceable... Way to get vote there...

"The purpose of any corporation is to maximize profits for their shareholders, not listen to the feelings of its employees who are easily replaceable."

and this is one of the main things wrong with corporations. They have no social responsibility and as long as the shareholders are profiting... who gives a crap about the employees. Even if the conditions are unsafe and equipment is faulty...

Now you have to be a sociopath to be the best? Figures... who would want a job that is nothing more than a puppet anyways... Oh yeah... a sociopath!

SO in order to run a successful business you have to be a sociopath, throw out ethics, have no social responsibility, be cold hearted, greedy, capitalist, and know how to manipulate and take advantage of the government and it's people.

Got it... Thanks for showing me just why Rob-ye is such a horrible choice... I'm voting for freedom aka Dr. Ron Paul... even if he isn't on the ballot... At least I won't be one of the sheeple that encouraged others to be everything a true American is not.... a slave to the system...

But what do I know...
edit on 16-1-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos

This poster is disturbing on many levels in the arguments they present and the ethical foundation they espouse.
"Sociopaths make the best middle management" This certainly is playing out in the corporatocrisy I have witnessed with middle management largely making almost insane demands of employees. But what is most disturbing is the desire for this level of near insectile/ robotic behavior in a leader. This leads me to believe this person is either a "bot" paid to shout down anti-Romney opinion or they are acting out to rouse response. I really have a difficult time fathoming the attitude expressed any other way.
Finally the glaring hole in their logic. That this is about jobs, when Romney made his money shutting down and gutting employing businesses. How many jobs lost just on the gutting of K-B toys? How many can you show created? He is no different than Trump in that regard, a true "vulture capitalist".IMO voting Romney is social/financial masochism unless you are already rich.
APB

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Nice one Vitchilo. I bet he would eliminate the Anti Trust laws as well if he got the chance.
Then he would plow right through your livingroom with Eminent Domain.

S&F

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Diablos is Mitt Romney? hes to be. . Sounds fkin insane.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join