Huntsman Says He's Quitting G.O.P. Race

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The New York Times

It looks like Huntsman is out, endorsing Romney of course.
That is great news. One down, and three to go. Santorum, Gingrich, and Romney next.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Mr. Huntsman will endorse Mr. Romney’s bid for the Republican nomination this week, according to several people who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The NYT
I wonder who Santorum will endorse when he drops off next week?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

endorsing Romney of course

Next in line hoping to get picked for VP running mate no doubt.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

huntsman IMO is a democrat plant... sent in to divide the field even further. this... will only divide it even further. But yes... this is great news.

But what i dont get... huntsman was 'almost' praising ron paul during the debates.... and now turned his back and endorses mitt?
bastard!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

He will get his reward if Romney gets in.
V.P.? Maybe.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

huntsman IMO is a democrat plant... sent in to divide the field even further. this... will only divide it even further. But yes... this is great news.

But what i dont get... huntsman was 'almost' praising ron paul during the debates.... and now turned his back and endorses mitt?
bastard!

He's been involved in politics since the late 80s and served under Bush Sr... definitely not a dem.

I love Ron Paul but I think he doesn't get love because he doesn't seem electable to the republican base .. And certainly not as an independent if you ask me.. Too difficult to win with the electoral college against you
edit on 1/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Huntsman looks like a democrat, he has that democrat feel to him. Sellout,well its good now the media whores wont be doing the flavor of the week ones because they are running out of candidates, they must be freaking out right now over at CNN since they cant talk about him right now.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

They may not stop talking about him. It is CNN you know.
"Will Huntsman be the V.P.?"
"Will Huntsman run in four years?"
"Will Huntsman buy a Chevy Volt?"

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The 3 other corporate shills, warmongers and control freaks Santorum, Perry and Romney are next to fall. As fast as possible.

Next it'll be Obama, aka the Wall Street guy, to fall.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Well Paul picked up a key endorsement today, so that is good news.
Who knows, an avalanche can start with a cough.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Perry? Did you say Perry?
Gingrich is the next target. Perry is already gone, IMO.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow

Perry? Did you say Perry?
Gingrich is the next target. Perry is already gone, IMO.

Yeah I was about to edit my post... I forgot about Newt, since I think he's already gone.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Well, I forgot about Perry.
I wish everyone else would too.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Romney probably gave Huntsman 50 or 60 bucks to endorse him after he dropped out. You know, whatever he had on him at the time. Money is a great tool when candidates can be bought.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

Yeah, that is if he had any money left in his pockets after giving money to random less fortunates ( media plants ) off of the street.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Huntsman is also a Mormon so backing Romney is a given as he is a cousin of Mitt Romney

Mitt Romney is a sixth-generation member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Romney is descended from a genealogically interconnected political family sometimes known as the Pratt–Romneys.

Huntsman, Jr. is the great-great-great-grandson of early LDS Church leader Parley P. Pratt

The Pratt–Romney Family is the name of a U.S. political family. It is linked by marriage to the Smith Family and the Matheson Family. Considered the patriarch is former Massachusetts Governor and 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who is also a cousin of Pratt descendant and 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Jon Huntsman, Jr. The family dates back to the 17th century in Connecticut, originating from William Pratt who served as a representative to the colonial legislature of the state for 23 terms. Aside from politics and government, their legacy extends into business and law, professional and college athletics, religion, the arts and sciences, architecture, philanthropy, and defense.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

A Romney Huntsman ticket i would vote for and i am a Excommunicated Mormon turned Christian Deist.

Mormons are big in business and good business practices. employees at mormon businesses are for the most part higher payed then non Mormon companies.

Mormons do not want to convert anyone except those that really want to join there church. Unlike some other religions in the US.

Even Excommunicated i still have a lot of friends that are Mormom
edit on 15-1-2012 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hows things on the planet Kolob since you left the church?
There is an old and never ending saying in the church that someday the US will hang by the thread of the priesthood.....(Melchezedic mormon priesthood)
Im 66 and i heard it many times as a child even.....
I am no longer a Mormon, they have a deeper, more sinister flavour than i can stand,but they surely believe their prophecy about the US and the priesthood.....
You can be positive they will all vote for the Mormon candidate en masse.......3 million of em or more.....
Being as the founders were Masons, it is fairly safe to assume they are part and parcel of the Illumes org.
Just where they fit in, im not sure, but they do have the highest enlistment rate of any state....?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

No, Huntsman was a moderate whose views were unelectable for the 2012 Republican Party. He was much more fiscally conservative than most of the other candidates, but his connection with the current administration (Ambassador to China) was his downfall for Republican voters.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yamother44

Moderate... meaning he was more center leaning... plus he worked in the 'democrat' administration which IMO means he is more left (democrat) which in turn makes me point that he is a democrat in republican clothing.

Just like MITT

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Santorum stated we need to get to 2 canmdidates but he doesnt see Paul dropping out at any time in the near future??? Wow is all I have to say.

Ron you know your enelectable , no one likes you , your stealing 20 -25 percent of the votes from viable candidates. You really need to call it quits!!

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join