It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Hunstman to drop out and endorse Romney

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

CNN BREAKING NEWS:
A senior official with Jon Huntsman's campaign tells CNN's Peter Hamby that the former Utah governor will drop out of the presidential race tomorrow. He will endorse Mitt Romney, the source told CNN exclusively

Romney? Really? So was he really he "Manchurian candidate" meant to break up Ron Paul support?

To be honest, I really like Huntsman. He is a really well rounded man, who knows A LOT about the Chinese politics and trading, so I was kind of hoping he would endorse RP and maybe get a VP spot out of it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I wonder how much money he got paid.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Proctor11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Rank and file Republicans in General,have supported Romney.

This IS to be expected. You will see more of this also.

Clearly,he has enough money to take on Obama.

Thats what this boils down to.

Prediction:

Romney/Rubio for 2012

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
i would be seriously disappointed with paul if he chose his VP to be huntsman. i dont care how rounded he is hes still a bought out politician.

Pauls VP choice isnt going to be a normal republican. Shoot who knows the person he would pick because hes not a big fan of anyone that doesnt follow his ideals.

He cant even say he would endorse any other rethuglican so why would he choose one as his VP?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yawn......no surprise. I have Santorum next in my dropout pool, followed by Newt.

Go Ron Go!!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
Yawn......no surprise. I have Santorum next in my dropout pool, followed by Newt.

Go Ron Go!!

Perry next, for sure..

He was the late candidate to gather MSM support, but he's fading... Gone.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Perry will drop out next, then Santorum, then Gingrich.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The timing of his announcement to Ron Paul's endorsement seems somewhat coincidental..?
edit on 15-1-2012 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by naraku
Perry will drop out next, then Santorum, then Gingrich.

And they will all throw support behind Romney.

Then it will be Romney and Paul, and that's when things get interesting...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I commented on another thread on how Huntsman's ideology aligns better with RP than Romney. He can endorse whomever he wants, but I expect it will still equate to better support for Paul.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
What a joke. Huntsman has sold out throughout his campaign. Initially saying that he would choose Paul as his vp, then turning around and launching attack ads against him. Now, he supports Romney someone who is nothing like him or his views? Sell out or it was a scam all along.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Lol....I forgot Perry was still in it. Shows how inconsequential he is.

He look, Cnn finally posted about RP's endorsement at
10:13 PM ET.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

CNN BREAKING NEWS:
A senior official with Jon Huntsman's campaign tells CNN's Peter Hamby that the former Utah governor will drop out of the presidential race tomorrow. He will endorse Mitt Romney, the source told CNN exclusively

Romney? Really? So was he really he "Manchurian candidate" meant to break up Ron Paul support?

Or maybe Huntsman got an offer in the whitehouse from Romney? Seems logical to me, and Huntsman already got the picture in New Hampshire after the elections so this will be the best deal he can get out of all this, and he knows this. I also disagree with this idea that Huntsman was put there to 'break up votes', I think this is an excuse from Ron Paul supporters to explain why Paul has not been able to surpass Romney. Considering that he's not staying in the race for South Carolina, this makes this explanation less plausable.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Somebody is shooting for a VP spot if you ask me.

I really hope I don't have to bite the bullet and vote Romney in November. I'm personally still hoping Newt can make a comeback.

By the way....stay calm....I won't be voting for Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
One by one the candidates are going to drop out and endorse Romney.

Pawlenty already has...Huntsman will tomorrow....then Perry....then Santorum....and finally Gingrich.

Sometime in Feb. or March it will be Romney and Paul with Romney having a huge lead in delegates and support.

The only question left in this race is if Ron Paul will drop out or if he will bring his delegates to the convention to cause trouble.

I'm actually really starting to like Ron Paul...just for all the chaos and in-fighting he is causing in the GOP.

And btw...this endorsement blows the SC state senator endorsement Ron Paul out of the water.
edit on 15-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The others may...but Newt will never support Romney, no matter what might be in it for him. I believe they are too different and Newt would never go there.

I also don't think Paul will cause any trouble when he doesn't receive the nomination. Any trouble he may cause now will only cause trouble for his son Rand.

Rand Paul, however, is someone I would be more than willing to vote for if (and when) he makes a run at President.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tesclo
What a joke. Huntsman has sold out throughout his campaign.

Because he didn't endorse Ron Paul, right? And I presume you're a Paul supporter? How about Santorum or Gingrich supporters? I'm sure they're saying the same thing.

Huntsman has his own interests in hand, as do all the current GOP candidates. He wants to atleast gain something out of an endorsement, and he wants to make sure his endorsement turns out to be a successful gamble. Endorsing Ron Paul, right before a number of more social conservative States, will not benefit Huntsman in the long run, it is far riskier as far as he'll probably see it. In addition to this, a huntsman endorsement to Romney now is far more worthy than if it's further down the track, after South Carolina, considering that if Romney performs well there, he won't bother much with Huntsman, and that Huntsman himself will almost undoubtedly perform far more poorly there compared to the other States, degrading any worth for his endorsement then.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Lol....I forgot Perry was still in it. Shows how inconsequential he is.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Perry drops out this week before the primary and endorses Romney as well.

He was counting on SC...he thought a southern governor would do good in a sourthern state...but he is polling very poorly. And in FL, he is polling at 2%.

He should save himself some embaressment and take a hint from Huntsman...drop out before the primary and make your endorsement.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Newt is pulling back on his attacks on Romney. He will support Romney because he supports the GOP.

If Ron Paul brings his delegates to the convention at all...he is causing trouble. But I really think that is all he wants. He wants to make his speech at the convention and try to inject some of his platform into the election.

Ron Paul is already creating issues by going against GOP platform...I'm not sure if they will hold it against Rand or not.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Romney a Mormon.

Huntsman a Mormon.

?

edit on (1/15/1212 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join