It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul 2nd in new Hampshire, to Obama!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I know that if you read the story and look at the numbers Not that many democrats voted but its interesting to see that there is a point were Ron Paul got more votes then The President in a election. This shows there is a group of upset democrats that dont trust Obama. Ron Paul our Refounder.

www.infowars.com...
Not only did Ron Paul come second in the Republican presidential primary in New Hampshire Tuesday, figures published last night by the New Hampshire Secretary of State show that Paul also finished runner up in the Democratic primary as well.

Paul received 2,273 votes, compared to Mitt Romney’s 1,808 and Jon Huntsman’s 1,228. The clear winner was, obviously, Barack Obama with 49,480 votes.

Although the primary was not a competitive vote, the figures are very interesting for several reasons.

First of all, the figures show that 11,516 Democrats out of the total of 60,996 that voted in New Hampshire voted for someone other than Barack Obama to be the Democratic nominee. That means that almost 19 percent of Democrats voted against the Obama presidency.

Furthermore, 6,715 of those votes were write ins, meaning the candidate they chose was not on the ballot. So around 11 percent of voters went out of their way to go to a polling station and register a direct protest vote.

New Hampshire has 223,151 registered Democratic voters, so the total turn out rate was only 27 percent. Obviously many voters stayed at home given the non competitive nature of the vote.

Still, these figures highlight that there are significant numbers of Democratic voters that are dissatisfied with Obama and ready to vote for someone else.

Click for larger image:

The most popular candidate among those dissatisfied Democrats in New Hampshire is by far and away Ron Paul. The record shows he attracted significantly more Democratic voters than Mitt Romney. Add to this the fact that Paul is also more popular among Independent voters and a clear picture is painted. Paul can attract more voters across the board than Mitt Romney if he is the Republican nominee.

Ron Paul’s attraction for Democrats is in his anti-war foreign policy, his commitment to individual liberty, his pledge to balance the budget without cutting

edit on 1/15/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: clipped quoted content, added required extyernal source tags

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
That is quite an achievement placing second in the NH primaries, for BOTH major parties. Go Paul!!

This demonstrates Paul can attract the Democrat votes as well, something the GOP should be giving consideration to.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Wall of text but read it I'm venting right now, have to get it out or i'll go crazy lol.

Well the country is a bust if we don't elect RP in my opinion. Watching all of this going down its clear to see how anybody else BUT RP is like asking for more of the same which hasn't done this country any service in the last decade. I'm 25 and to think for 10 years we've been fighting an unwinnable/unjustified war is a sad thing. This is our "out" and if we the people of the United States of America don't take it, we're doomed and our children's children will be doomed for our inactivity to act.

Obama hasn't been able to do anything, not blaming him as he joined at half time. And Mitt Romney clearly is two faced and a liar (its been proven time and time again). Or RP who says "hey follow the constitution and it'll work itself out (which I totally believe it will). Which to do you need a President who actually KNOWS the constitution. Its a mockery that candidates don't even know the constitution. It's pathetic to know we as a people deal and put up with it. The purpose of debates is to weed out the bad. Yet its treated like a reality show. Yet our call in to vote in the end really down't count. People are so disconnected with reality they would rather sit and watch other people live their lives on TV to cope with their own lives and push on. Something is truly wrong with this. And the only way I see this happening is with a real human being as President, not a cardboard cut out of the same people who demolished what this country was and stood for.

Learn from you past or you will be doomed to repeat it. Never before have those words sung so true.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

Ron Paul Revolution (The Joe Rogan Experience)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I can handle Ron Paul losing. I've only recently begun to believe he could actually go the distance with the public, after all. However, let him win or lose by merit, not by a silence of coverage designed to just erase the man from existence.

The more they play him down and try to rub him out of the race entirely, the more determined I become as a supporter. I can forgive much of what I don't agree with for Ron Paul's agenda if it means getting him in and doing something about a system that would go so far into corruption and outright unethical and wrong behavior trying to keep him out.

The system needs a good shock and Dr. Paul is the man with the paddles.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Huntsman droping out only means more total votes for Ron Paul, Huntsman voters wouldnt vote for Romney.

new topics

top topics

join