It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural remedies "seldom effective"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Colloidal Silver was widely used as an effective antibiotic before the invention of antibiotics. It works especially well on preventing and healing infections in open wounds. Bacteria can develop a resistance to antibiotics but cannot develop a resistance to CS.

Also - I helped my mother-in-law get rid of a case of shingles using "alternative" medicine. Her shingles were gone within 3 days of beginning treatment. The doctor who diagnosed her with shingles only offered some meds for pain and so on as there is no "cure" for shingles. She only had shingles for 5 days total as a result of the treatment instead of weeks or months. All the information I obtained for treatment I found easily on the internet. It actually all made sense, but the doctor couldn't recommend or wouldn't recommend any of it because it isn't a prescription.

The only reason all these things "haven't been proven effective" is that no one in the established medical community wants to prove them effective.
edit on 16-1-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

I have no problem with properly researched and applied natural remedies at all. And I would have just as much with poorly applied "mainstream" medicine - fortunately I haven't been in a position to have that problem (yet)

As some have pointed out, much "mainstream" medicine has its roots (sic) in herbology and the like.

So there is obviously no reason why effective "natural remedies" cannot be turned into "mainstream" medicine. There are associations for various "natural remedy" practices and the like that could amortise research costs, for example (in response to the guy a few pages back who correctly pointed out that this stuff cannot be patented) - and if it really works and isn't just placebo effect then why wouldn't' all these caring practitioners want everyone to know about it??

Many respondents on here seem to have concentrated on drugs, herbs and pharmacology.

however if you read the OP and the article ther is a lot more to "natural remedies" than just plants and drugs.

Ther is homeopathy for example - one of the most ridiculous pieces of woo to have ever existed!! If the premise of homeopathy is true - the "memory" thing - then every molecule of water on the planet should energise everyone because it was created in the big bang which is the most energetic event ever.

And in any given glass of water I reckon there'd be a molecule that was once consumed by dinosaurs or Mohammed, or JC or President Lincoln or someone, or helped a palm tree grow...so every glass of water should be miraculously curing everything!

And then there's the "natural remedies" that are wiping out species - trade in Rhino horns, tiger penises and the like.

and the holographic Power Balance scam

and magnetic therapy, etc

There is a lot more to "natural remedies" than just Aloe Vera and Wormwood!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Although I would agree that some people are taking herbs or other natural "remedies" that aren't really doing much, this doesn't mean the vast majority don't work. Much of the problem lies in ignorance of the alternatives that DO work, and much of course lies in the profit motive of big pharma and their partners in crime, the feds.
There are resources available with clinically tested natural treatments that work.
Herbal Medicine Resource Guide
Also, an excellent book here.
Alternative Medicine
I think the OP has not done much research on this topic.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
Colloidal Silver was widely used as an effective antibiotic before the invention of antibiotics. It works especially well on preventing and healing infections in open wounds.

Absolutely - and it is, actually, mainstream medicine for that purpose - albeit obsolete.

However when people start taking it orally for all sorts of diseases that it is useless against ethn it falls into the "95% ineffective" section -

From the wiki article

Since about 1990, there has been a resurgence of the promotion of colloidal silver as an alternative medicine treatment, marketed with claims of it being an essential mineral supplement, or that it can prevent or treat numerous diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, and herpes,[17] as well as tuberculosis.[2][18][46]

Bacteria can develop a resistance to antibiotics but cannot develop a resistance to CS

which is one reason it is becoming more widely used again for treating external infections.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

What else would you expect a doctor to say, natural remedies take money out of their pockets as well as Big Pharma. Alot of the drugs they peddle are made up in part of natural ingredients. What we should be asking these doctors is why are there over 100,000 Deaths per year due to Prescription Drugs and 3 Deaths due to Natural Remedies over a period of 3 years. We should also be asking them about Drug Addiction and Alcoholism among Doctors, the last study I read a few years back was 10% of them were addicted. Then we should be asking them about Incompetency, how many of these people are Hacks and Lackeys in the profession to keep up their Mercedes-Benz payments and the second house in Aruba. Now their talking about the increase in thyroid cancer and their puzzled about it, all they have to do here is read the newspaper about Fukishima and what has been done (Nothing) about all the radiation it is still emitting. They could care less what the cause is as that brings in more Chemo Patients and Big Bucks.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

All said by doctors who get kickbacks from the drug companies. Their opinion is biased in my opinion and damn near worthless. I swear by natural remedies, they have worked for me for years and I very rarely ever get sick. I sometimes get a cold, but other than that I just don't get sick.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Colloidal Silver was widely used as an effective antibiotic before the invention of antibiotics. It works especially well on preventing and healing infections in open wounds. Bacteria can develop a resistance to antibiotics but cannot develop a resistance to CS.

Yeah and today medicine puts the silver into a white cream and uses it for major wound dressing
Burns chemical burns open ulcers etc. Seems the silver increases healing time... but you need to pay a doctor to write you a prescription (though you can buy the same cream to use on your horse without prescription
The exact same product, percentage, label et al.
edit on 16-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Yeah and today medicine puts the silver into a white cream and uses it for major wound dressing
Burns chemical burns open ulcers etc. Seems the silver increases healing time

I have personally used Silvadene (one of the creams to which you refer) on road rash and can attest to its effectiveness. The wound left no scar and healed quickly.

A great many acid reflux medicine contains baking soda!!

edit on 16-1-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have cured skin cancer.
I have testimonials.
I can't tell you how, this is ATS you know. Many already know anyway.
But, "Run from the Cure" is a very good documentary.....

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yeah natural remedies don't work but poisoned food, toys, and medication from China and crap like fluoride dumped into and not filtered out of our drinking water are A-OK. My heart goes out to the billions who routinely take their big pharma meds without asking a single question or thinking. Most of the time all these meds do is necessitate other meds or get you hooked in. What a world.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'd be more than happy to utilize natural remedies over traditional treatments ounce I am provided with an independent peer-reviewed double-blinded placebo-controlled study demonstrating their effectiveness. That just doesn't go for conventional treatments, I would ask to see the evidence on anything I'm putting in my body. I need evidence not anectdotes.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

What else would you expect a doctor to say, natural remedies take money out of their pockets as well as Big Pharma.

my doctor put me onto sinus irrigation to help clear up persistent hay fever - as well as antibiotics (generic) to cure the infection that was in them.

Categorisation of every doctor as in the pocket of "Big Pharma" is nonsense.

link   
I hope they don't take them off the market. I would like to reserve the right to make my own conclusion as to whether something works for me or not.

link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Well, that sounds real good when you are healthy. What about when you are given 3 months to live?
Don't wait until you need this information. It could be too late someday. But, I agree that we should do our due diligence.

edit on 16-1-2012 by SurrealisticPillow because: (no reason given)

link   
The thing that US Nazi's don't want you to say, is real food and nutrients cure. GUESS WHAT THEY DO! And if they ever try to make people stop saying it, BIG BULLHORN TIME, TIME TO KNOCK THEIR GNOSTIC HOODS OFF!
edit on 16-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Kevin Trudeau - Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About

Kevin Trudeau - One Minute Cure, 35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide, Jutrion RX

Gotta take the last one off, it was funny but, its got to go. First he endorsed medicine for emergcies, surgery, etc, those times when its life saving, and needed. But the last part was to prevent terrorism, everyone just needs to carry a baseball bat on the plane, well......nope.

Some think he's a used car salesman. I say whatever, don't give a care. He brings in the facts. And everyone needs to learn them. Pretty impressed with his work.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I was diagnosed with a Hodgkin's relapse in Nov. 2010. Frustrated by My Canadian DR. taking a long time to start treatment, I went to a natural Doctor. She started Me on Garlic, and other stuff. now My worst symptom, a sore throat is gone. I had a severe fungal infection. I never had any symptoms of Hodgkin's. No weight loss, no fever, no night sweats, nothing except a swollen lymph node under my right armpit that burned a very little at times, and was itchy.
Now that I am feeling better the doctor has scheduled chemo to begin. Now I am starting to wonder if the node biopsy they used to diagnose Me was a false positive. I have read that a top Pathologist said candidly that Hodgkin's biopsy's have a high number of false positives. My Dr. says a Pathology review takes weeks and it is reviewed by the same organisation that did the first one. What do I do ATS?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
well, of course they'd say that because their profit comes from drugs. But so many remedies came from plants and things found in nature -such as aspirin from Willow bark which contains salycilates-that natural medicine shouldn't be completely tossed aside

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Please consider this.

I do not say all natural remedies work but they were used for centuries before modern science had a pill for everything like it has for the last 100 years.

Take a look at our bodies today and what we ingest and breath. If you try to use a natural remedy on a person who eats fast foods, smokes, drinks, and doesn't exercise a natural remedy will seem useless.

If you take a person who is healthy mentally and physically a common remedy my work wonders for them

You can't take a body full of # and expect a glass of water and a piece of fruit is going to have any noticeable affect.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jondave

Personally if false positives are a problem then I'd be checking that test before doing anything else.

nothing worse than taking anything for a condition you don't have!!

Just my 0.02c.....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join