It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What god is God? Is God a god that no human yet knows?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Over the short span of my life I've known and heard of a lot of people, from different beliefs, assure me that their god is THE God, they all say it with the same confidence and faith, but as it may have happened to quite a few (or lot) of you, this only led you to believe that no one actually knows who the right god is.

I lean mostly for the Christian god, however there are many things about both Christianism and it's God that just don't quite fit, for example: if a person has been righteous both in hearth and in actions, yet he or she does not believe in the Christian god, or Jesus, either because he or she feel the same way that I do or because they never had the chance to even learn about that religion, then they are going to hell (according to EVERY SINGLE Christian I have ever asked about this). And that's just one reason, there are hundreds others that I could name, either from Christianism or any other religion that has been presented to me.

Well that's just me, what do you, the ones with no religion believe, and what do the ones with a religion think about it

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
God is you. You are your own god. It is all from within. I came to that conclusion after I had lost all faith.

My response to your post is that All major religions believe in 1 main entity. Christians call it God, Muslims call it Allah etc. It is all the same being.

In america we call all beef patties hamburgers. What do they call all beef patties in Peru? I hope you get my point.
edit on 15-1-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I have also come to this conclusion over my studies as well. All major religion comes from the same place anyways, it's just been warped over thousands of years to fit a particular purpose.

The true god is of knowledge and of the self. Make god exterior to you, makes you inferior to god. No god wants his creations to be inferior to him, or to bow or pray to him and live in fear of hell.

God is all and everything, but god is not all knowing, or being. He is becoming, much like we should be, becoming gods ourselves by standing with god, with the universal conciousness. We are all part of a grander picture of life in this universe, a tiny tiny part. A tiny part of an enormous organism, possibly 'god', or what have you.

The divine spark is in each and every one of us, its up to you to find the truth.

edit on 15/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
God tells us in that infinitely-coded book called the Bible (or, the Holy Book) that He, or should I say, the Godhead, consists of:

the Seven Spirits

the Father

the Son

So, seven Spirits + one Father + one Son = a nine-fold Godhead, a trinity of trinities.

It all depends on seeing the peculiar coding of God's Word as a sort of Divine Watermark, proving itself, just like the herb in the Book of Genesis, "...whose seed is in itself."

Besides that, He has spoken to me twice, and lined me out about my life in ways which proved to be absolutely true.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I personally believe that God was created by Man and religion a way of scaring people under the control of a single source. The omnipitent father figure who was constantly watching and judging people's actions, pulling the strings of life from on high and used as an excuse for countless atrocities throughout history. I am not saying that the basic premise for religion is wrong, in fact, the idea that we should all love one another and be good to each other is an excellent idea, the problem comes from the ability of those in such organisations to twist the religious ideals to suit their own agendas, whatever they may be.

In my opinion, the fact that there is not just one god, but many incarnations supports this theory; if there truly is one god, the others could not and would not exist. Additional support for this, is as you have said yourself OP, is that when you ask a christian if someone could be a 'good person' but still not get into heaven because they are not christian, a prime example of "you must join our club, or else!"

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mbartelsm

for example: if a person has been righteous both in hearth and in actions, yet he or she does not believe in the Christian god, or Jesus, either because he or she feel the same way that I do or because they never had the chance to even learn about that religion, then they are going to hell (according to EVERY SINGLE Christian I have ever asked about this)

You realize no Christian actually know's for sure what will happen to people that have never heard the gospel and they are only giving you there opinion. Of course not every Christian believes that. Every has been given evidence that God exists, creation is proof of a creator, but for those who don't know Jesus its not 100% they will go to hell. God is a fair Judge, you will be Judged on what you do know, not what you don't.

I really hope this following verse helps you, and as for your question God's nature can be known through the Gospels.

Romans 1:20 - For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Basically everyone has foreknowledge of God the Father, and those with knowledge are without excuse if they choose to reject him. How can one expect God to save them from sin if they reject him? Not everyone know's the son but everyone know's the father. And if they have heard the new testament they are without excuse to know the son.
edit on 15-1-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mbartelsm

Reasonable concerns, but you've been talking to the wrong people.

for example: if a person has been righteous both in hearth and in actions, yet he or she does not believe in the Christian god, or Jesus, either because he or she feel the same way that I do or because they never had the chance to even learn about that religion, then they are going to hell (according to EVERY SINGLE Christian I have ever asked about this)

There's something in the Catholic Catechism that addresses this problem, and it's the real deal. Official teaching. In an ideal world every Catholic would know it.

Those who die for the faith, those who are catechumens (people studying to join the Church), and all those who without knowing of the Church but acting under the inspiration of grace, seek God sincerely and strive to fuufill His will, can be saved even if they have not been baptized."
The Church teaches that you don't even have to know Jesus' name or be baptized to be saved. Now, granted those are unusual conditions, but it still happens a lot.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

A building has a builder.

A painting has a painter.

So it only makes sense if creation has a Creator.

God is not you, God is in those who are filled with the Holy Spirit only. (The 3rd member of the Triune God-head).

Please stop deceiving people with your new age lies.

God is not a rock, God made the rock. God is not a Human, God made the Human. God is not a tree, God made the tree. Do you get the picture? Give credit where credit is due...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
only god knows god

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
only god knows god

Are you trying to imply God is anti-social?

If that was the case he wouldn't of created the angels. And humans in his image.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AtlantisX99

I personally believe that God was created by Man and religion a way of scaring people under the control of a single source.

So who made the world?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

I personally believe that God was created by Man and religion a way of scaring people under the control of a single source.

So who made the world?

The creator is not separate from the creation. Only in the minds of those who are deluded by the self made identity is there any separation from him.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

So you believe everything came from nothing which created everything?

The Bible says God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him.

Now why would I believe the first one? Not once in my life have I ever seen anything created from nothing...

Could you explain the logic behind your reasoning?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

So you believe everything came from nothing which created everything?

The Bible says God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him.

Now why would I believe the first one? Not once in my life have I ever seen anything created from nothing...

Could you explain the logic behind your reasoning?

All forms arise from the formlessness. The closer you look at matter(atoms) the more abstract physical reality becomes. So yes, everything comes from the formlessness, which is also within us. and for the bible..The bible is nothing more than a book written by ignorant men. And apart from the teaching's of Christ it is next to worthless. Christianity serves as a security blanket to those who are afraid of death.It has nothing to do with the teachings of the historical Christ. All about being ready for the next life, when half of you can't handle this life. If you were born in Iran you'd be just as enthusiastic for Allah as you are for the Christ
edit on 15-1-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

So who made the world?

I don't know who made the world or indeed if it was a 'who' and in fairness, this is a typical creationist vs evolutionist 'poser' which could be answered with "who made god then?" and so on and so forth. The fact is, I dont know who made the rock though I am sure some geologists would have some theories and I dont know who made the trees, but I am sure many botanists would have theories; you, and people like you will choose to say that 'god did it' because it is a cureall for all questions that dont have definitive answers.

I am not here to dissuade you from your choice of faith denomination or indeed to have my personal opinion changed of my beliefs; I was asked for my opinion and I gave it.

I am also fairly confident that there will be some sort of scripture reference or passage that will have either popped up whilst I am typing this or indeed, not far of its heels which will apparently state beyone doubt why I will a) go to hell for not believing in god and / or b) why my opinion is wrong according to the 'good book'

One undeniable truth about creation that I do know, this sandwich was not created by god, it was created by me and now I shall eat it!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

All forms arise from the formlessness. The closer you look at matter(atoms) the more abstract physical reality becomes.

Then poses the problem of where these first atoms came from...

The bible is nothing more than a book written by ignorant men.

These ignorant men are one's with more wisdom then you could ever hope for. Hating the bible to justify your unbelief does not show me your position is true. Your opinion is worthless without evidence to back it up.

And apart from the teaching's of Christ it is worthless.

Only someone that has not read the bible would make such a claim.

Christianity serves as nothing more than a security blanket to those who are afraid of death.

Atheism is a blankest for those who wish to suppress truth. Atheists hate God and Christians because they are actually not confident that God does not exist, and seeing Christians may remind them they are "suppressing the truth" (Romans 1:18).

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

What if God was eternal and didn't require a Creator? Surely that would change the way we view God.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
All mainstream religion came from one place.
History tells us this.

To find jesus you merely need to look up,
God is the creator, he gave us life, he made the rocks and the trees. He helps us grow, helps the earth grow. Its in the sky above us. The sun.

The sun has been there for us as long as we can fathom,
Same with the planets in our solar system.

One day, someone is going to be proven wrong, or proven right. Or both. But no one can say "Yes, this is it, the truth, right here, i can tell you this because its gods book",
Then why have parts of 'gods book' been left out,
How come 'gods book' has been tampered with throughout history.
Millions killed in the name of god,
Sacrificed in the name of god.
Tortured in the name of god.

Sorry, but someones been duped here. From my perspective, i see the reversal happening of what should be happening. I see millions of people deluded into worshipping satan, the trickster. Without even knowing, believing the words of men. Falling once again for the divide and conquer scheme planned from the very beginning. Keep us divided, and against eachother. Rather than unifying and becoming one and ending the tyrannical stranglehold of the bloodlines over us.
I find it amusing to say the least. Makes me question what's going to happen tomorrow, someones going to be disappointed.
Bible is a good book. When not taken literal. Little gems of insight.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

What if God was eternal and didn't require a Creator?

What if the universe was eternal and didn't require a Creator?
and i'm not atheist. I've just moved past the notion of a personal god. God is everywhere, something that is everywhere can not be an entity.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

What if God was eternal and didn't require a Creator?

What if the universe was eternal and didn't require a Creator?
and i'm not atheist. I've just moved past the notion of a personal god. God is everywhere, something that is everywhere can not be an entity.

The universe is a conscious being,
Like the earth,
Like the planets.

The true path has been hidden from us. Not surprising for a slave race.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join