It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love Ron Paul but one thing terrifies me about him

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The story of your plight is a prime example why Ron Paul is the only choice to repair the damage to this Nation that the Globalist have caused.

You should have no fear of losing what assistance you are receiving today. Ron Paul’s policies have been mis-reported by the MSM. In no way is Ron Paul against helping those who need help.

It is just the opposite, Ron Paul’s economic policy will help those who need help, just think about what effect 1.5 trillion spent on Corporate bailouts could have had on this Nation if it had been placed in the hands of the populace. If this had happened we would already be out of recession, but, the Globalist that run this Nation stole the Nation’s wealth for themselves.

You should NOT be in fear, you should be ANGRY.

Ron Paul’s policy is to remove the need for Governmental Assistance.

Ron Paul’s policy is to remove the Federal Government out of the Welfare Business, and yes welfare is a business.

And,

Place the responsibility of Assistance back where it belongs, the State Government.

What many in this Nation have forgotten is that this Nation is the United STATES, the State Government is the entity which has the responsibility, not the Federal Government.

Start looking to your State Government,

Stop looking to Washington, DC.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
i believe ron paul wants to cut all foreign aid so the monies can and will be used for us who are in the same position as yourself -

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

edit on 16-1-2012 by staticarium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Clearly things haven't worked out for you thus far so do you really want to fall back on your continuously failed logic? I'd say if Ron Paul scares you you must be a pretty wimpy. Do your son a favor a support RP...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I'd be more worried about the mans foreign policy (or really lack thereof) if I were you.

Food-stamps won't do you much good if he were to let Iran get a nuke and start WW3 by wiping Israel off the map (like they have promised to do).

Yeah, sorry nyk, but I'm going to have to jump on this one as well. *To my knowledge*, Paul is the only candidate who has been endorsed by multiple (some/all former) military intelligence, CIA, and terrorism experts, as well as agreed with by Israeli current and former intelligence as well, specifically FOR his foreign policy views.

You can find some information on this in my signature thread So Ron Paul's foreign policy is crazy?, but as confirmed by Israeli intelligence, Iran is only seeking a bomb - if in fact they are - as a defensive measure to dissuade us from messing with them. And, even if they get a bomb, Israel acknowledges it's not an existential threat anyway (first off, even if Iran DID want to wipe Israel off the map in contradiction of their own survival instinct, constitution, and religious faith - they WOULD NOT want to kill the palestinians who would also be caught up in such a situation, even if their concern for non-aggressor civilians otherwise in light of muslim dictates were discounted. Coupled with the fact that they are likely well aware Israel is more than equipped to strategically turn them into a smoking hole in the ground, this is effectively a non-issue, initial silliness of the idea aside). Israel has said time and time again they are strong enough to handle their own problems - as they have also proven multiple times - and would rather not be hampered by us limiting their own options when it comes to what they feel is necessary for their defense.

I'm not sure why people confuse "not causing problems for yourself while continuing to have the most advanced and well-funded military on the planet" with "not having a foreign policy." Granted, Paul would otherwise subscribe to the (wise) dictates of those who founded this nation for good reason and not impose our will on or interfere with the internal actions or self-determination of other nations, but that doesn't mean not having intelligence capabilities or not responding to acknowledged threats or actual aggression. As it stands now, we have so much overlap, jurisdictional squabbles, and various other inefficiencies in our intelligence gathering and reporting processes that even valid threats we find are lost in the shuffle or have otherwise simply been ignored by our administrations (e.g. 9/11 - intelligence being disregarded, agency investigations essentially shut down, CIA forcing offices to provide visas to terrorists, etc.) that a trim is NECESSARY to streamline operations as well as put the fear of job loss into these people so the shenanigans cease.

As Robert David Steele (former Marine Intelligence and CIA case handler) says in his youtube video on Santorum & Paul, Paul is the ONLY candidate actually serious about national security and with any actual knowledge of what he's talking about.

Take care.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

He wants to stop welfare at the FEDERAL level. He has no problem with welfare at the state level because the state has the right and authority to do such things under the 10th amendment. I live in Virginia, so why should my tax dollars be used to feed someone in Oregon?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The fact that the man wants to stop food stamps, housing, medicare etc. If it weren't for those aids, my son and I would be screwed, homeless and dead. I hate being on the stuff but the other day had no choice but to turn in an app for housing here in Southern Illinois. I live in THE poorest county in Illinois and have been trying hard to find work for the past

How did America get here ?

You may know that I live in Iran . So , I am not much informed about American people.

Is that those credit cards which brought poverty or there are other reasons ?

I would appreciate any respond.

I think it is elites which have decided to bring poverty to American people.

He can't just take that all away. There has to be jobs a plenty first. There has to be, else we're going to see some stuff we just haven't seen before. Desperate people will do bad things and that terrifies me.

Those hobs are in the hands of the people who start wars and you support them for killing.

The whole struggle between 1 % and the 99% is about that.

1 % wants sheep and 99 % says "we are not sheep"

Then 1% gets angry and stops blessing the 99% percent.

Just my 1 cent.
edit on 16/1/12 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
Clearly things haven't worked out for you thus far so do you really want to fall back on your continuously failed logic? I'd say if Ron Paul scares you you must be a pretty wimpy. Do your son a favor a support RP...

I said in my OP and in numerous posts after I am a staunch RP supporter, I was and am a Precinct Leader for him, was going for delegate back before he dropped out in 08 and truly hope he wins this go around because the other freaks scare me to death.

I just was not aware of the full part of this OP that I posted. I get a TON of # down my throat when I talk about Ron to others; those who are convinced he's a racist, those convinced he wants to destroy government aid - even my aunt wrote me concerned saying if he got in, he'd stop all the help that's been keeping people alive. I merely posted my OP to assauge my own fears of that one issue xD

Believe me I'm GO RON PAUL all the time, my facebook page is FULL of Ron Paul info, links, I talk trash about the other opponents, etc. People get SICK of me talking about him. I'm a pretty big Paul supporter. Just because I was unclear about one aspect doesn't mean I've never heard of the guy. I do NOT know all of his policies just because I do not fully follow politics, period, so most things just don't make sense to me. But I darn well know that the man is who we've needed for too long now. I don't get a thing about foriegn policies because I've never studied them and couldn't tell you what it even means, except he wants to stop wars and that's ftw to me. The other candidates are pro war, pro pushing jobs overseas more and more, and for some reason, want to stop profilactics so we get MORE babies and get MORE in debt. I don't get that. We got too many people as IS. We shoudl be doing all we can to curb making more before we fix and help the ones already here. Just my 2c (Im pro choice as Ron is not, but that's just a minor thing. No biggie. I'm more in to stopping wars, stopping us from policing and bossing the world and also, I'm more for bringing jobs back to the usa permanently where every working age person has a choice of at least 3 jobs who 100% want to hire them at any time they need to take that route.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So glad you started this thread, good news read on each post. This is something we can work with. I too had the same concerns until this thread.
edit on 16-1-2012 by antar because: d

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

The fact that the man wants to stop food stamps, housing, medicare etc. If it weren't for those aids, my son and I would be screwed, homeless and dead. I hate being on the stuff but the other day had no choice but to turn in an app for housing here in Southern Illinois. I live in THE poorest county in Illinois and have been trying hard to find work for the past

How did America get here ?

You may know that I live in Iran . So , I am not much informed about American people.

Is that those credit cards which brought poverty or there are other reasons ?

I would appreciate any respond.

I think it is elites which have decided to bring poverty to American people.

He can't just take that all away. There has to be jobs a plenty first. There has to be, else we're going to see some stuff we just haven't seen before. Desperate people will do bad things and that terrifies me.

Those hobs are in the hands of the people who start wars and you support them for killing.

The whole struggle between 1 % and the 99% is about that.

1 % wants sheep and 99 % says "we are not sheep"

Then 1% gets angry and stops blessing the 99% percent.

Just my 1 cent.
edit on 16/1/12 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

I don't support anyone for killing. Please don't hate the majority of us anti war/pro peace American Citizens because of what the war hungry 'Kill them All" Government is enjoying. True there are a few backwards minded USA citizens who think war is tops, but they're weird and we dislike them plenty.

Though the Gov't kind of forces us to 'support' the wars and murderings by making us pay taxes.
Still.
The reason (to me) that the USA has fallen so bad is because

1. They shipped all the big huge coast to coast jobs overseas and put lots of us out of jobs because we couldn't go with our jobs.

2. They bail out failing companies here who suck and who's only purpose is to drain us Citizen's to the last penny (banks, etc). So bailing them out just makes them repeat the years up to the need of the bailout, but then the result is far worse. In this case, you can't fix what's already broken.

3. They worry too much about the rest of the worlds hunger and unemployment issues but firmly ignore our own. Some day they'll wake up and see that this is now a 3rd World Country but with clean water. Wonder what they'll do then.
It'd be too late to fix a thing by then.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Also no offense, but sometimes its time to leave. If you have a vehicle, can beg, borrow or steal enough money to get to North Dakota, they have a labor boom going on and shortage of employees. A new, yes new employee can get a $15.00 an hour at McD's. I think I heard 50K/yr for new truck driver and 90K for experienced. It might even be more than that, 125K for experienced. Although the housing is non existant because the labor increase was so unexpected, if one has a trailer or 5th wheel..... Just saying, sometimes you have to move on, as in relocate. You could even apply for assistance in ND until you get on your feet.

ETA: to stay on topic, I don't think we know for sure exactly where Ron Paul stands. Is he saying what he thinks people want to hear at the same time he's planning to cut the apron strings for everyone??? What about people born with mongolism, aged with no family, severely disabled? Where does he draw the line even at the phasing out?
edit on 16-1-2012 by Gridrebel because: eta

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I heard about that a while ago and no thanks. For one reason. ''housing'' there is 2000 or more for a one bedroom IF you can even find one. A vast majority of the people are living in cars, trucks, both of which I do not have as I do not drive (can't for personal private reasons). A single mother going to a new State where she knows no one and would have to rely on truckers and oilers to stay in their shack/mobile home/truck? no thanks. That terrifies me a lot worse than my current situation.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Well, here's another idea. There are literally hundreds of small (under 2000 pop.) towns in the midwest with virtually no crime, laid back farming communities, houses you can rent for $200.00 a month and jobs available, although most not high paying. I know, I live in one. They always have min wage (7.75 I think) jobs, you can buy a house on contract for deed for a couple hundred a month. I know someone who is disabled, low income and rents a 2 bedroom (very nice and clean) apartment for her and her son for $200.00 a month, electricity, garbage and water included. She pays for phone, cable. Also gets food assistance. These little towns are dying, need employees to work in elder and disabled care,

I think Ron Paul is the real deal but we've been tricked before! Who knows?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Not to knock you..because, lets face it..I don't know you, I don't know about you, and I'm am not one who like to pass judgement. However, all that being said, you tell us, that without food stamps, or help from the government, your son and you would be homeless....that you have tried to find a job....yet...you are on the computer, with an internet connection,.....that cost money. I am always amazed at those who claim to have no money and yet..can afford things like tv and cable, make up, alcohol, cigarettes etc etc. Again...its not to pass judgment or to knock you, but if a computer and an internet connection can be afforded...but not food....I can't help but wonder what other priorities might need to be looked at.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
The fact that the man wants to stop food stamps, housing, medicare etc. If it weren't for those aids, my son and I would be screwed, homeless and dead.

The market prices for housing, food and medical care would decease by the exact amount government subsidizes them.

Rule number 1: Markets always clear.

Subsidies to consumers for various services are really nothing more than subsidies to producers of those various services. The producers will always raise prices by the exact amount government subsidizes those markets. Therefore, you have nothing to fear when it comes to eliminating housing, food and medical subsidies. Prices for goods and services within those markets will become affordable to you without the subsidies once they are taken away.

For example, say a grocery store gets 10% of its business from food stamps. If food stamps are no longer an option, the store would either have to cut prices by 10% on food stamp goods or inventories of those goods would begin to accumulate and go bad. Since the grocery store does not want to sit on food while it goes bad, it will be forced to cut prices by 10% in order to move its inventory. This effect will ripple throughout the entire economy until producers are forced to cut their prices by 10% as well. If producers do not cut their prices by 10%, then the grocery stores will stop buying from them and they will begin accumulating inventory with the same results as the grocery store.

Retailers and producers MUST cut prices if subsidies are taken away or they will begin accumulating inventories. The same is true of medical providers. If medical providers do not cut their prices, then people will simply refuse to buy their services because they can't afford them. If that were to happen, the medical providers would go out of business.

The primary reason medical care is so wildly expensive in this country is because it is one of the most heavily subsidized markets. We can see that the same is true for college tuition as well. If subsidies for loans were eliminated, then colleges would be forced to either cut tuition fees or go out of business.

edit on 16-1-2012 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

Originally posted by milkyway12
Ron Paul has a very weak foreign policy.

You can want peace all day long. You can want your problems to go away all you want too. Doesnt mean they will.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

I'll never be able to understand why the majority of Christians are such war-lovers..

This confuses me as well. Mainstream Christians really need to stop smoking the establishment crack-pipe. I feel that it is really harming our nation. (albeit un-intentionally?) Time to stop bombing country after country and saying it's God's will. Plus we're broke. No-one ever seems to care about that either.

Where are the "Christians for life and liberty" movements??

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Well, here's another idea. There are literally hundreds of small (under 2000 pop.) towns in the midwest with virtually no crime, laid back farming communities, houses you can rent for $200.00 a month and jobs available, although most not high paying. I know, I live in one. They always have min wage (7.75 I think) jobs, you can buy a house on contract for deed for a couple hundred a month. I know someone who is disabled, low income and rents a 2 bedroom (very nice and clean) apartment for her and her son for $200.00 a month, electricity, garbage and water included. She pays for phone, cable. Also gets food assistance. These little towns are dying, need employees to work in elder and disabled care,

I think Ron Paul is the real deal but we've been tricked before! Who knows?

My town is 1600 people and my current rent for my 2bdrm apt is 300 a month. So I know what it's all about. Moved here from the chicago burbs in 2010. No jobs though sadly. Every opening has about 200 people applying for it. It's very hard. Even in the burbs, 500 businesses within miles and no one is hiring. It's a curse all over the Country no matter where one lives.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga

Not to knock you..because, lets face it..I don't know you, I don't know about you, and I'm am not one who like to pass judgement. However, all that being said, you tell us, that without food stamps, or help from the government, your son and you would be homeless....that you have tried to find a job....yet...you are on the computer, with an internet connection,.....that cost money. I am always amazed at those who claim to have no money and yet..can afford things like tv and cable, make up, alcohol, cigarettes etc etc. Again...its not to pass judgment or to knock you, but if a computer and an internet connection can be afforded...but not food....I can't help but wonder what other priorities might need to be looked at.

I'm in school and need the pc for that. Plus we have no tv period; not one tv in my house. All i pay for is rent and electric and my pc connection from the refunds I get every 4 months from my loan overages. I'm in school to hopefully start my own web/graphic design, music for games, animation shows and movies, video game design and development business once I graduate. I have the lowest net possible to be able to get online and run my adobe cs4 so i can get my school work done. Our town is dirt poor so we have no pcs at the one room library here. I don't smoke, drink, nothing. Everything which was in my bank account is dried up finally.

But yeah, even people with 40 hour a week jobs need assistance now a days .It's a sad state we live in.

Also for future references, a lot of destitute people DO have the net at libraries and such and still go online if not to keep in touch with families but to job search, another thing I do religiously.

edit on 16-1-2012 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join