It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Idea as to what Christ may actually be

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Oh, really? Okay, FYI, I have read the Bible.
I have also read Grimm's Fairy Tales.
I have also read Seager's "Natural History in Shakespeare's Time" (and the ex-texts below Topsell are from it)
And the leading "text" on Natural History was Topsell.
Here's a link to a site that talks about it:
Topsell's Historie of Foure-Footed Beasts
And here's what the site's author has to say about it:

Publication
Edward Topsell’s History of Four-footed Beasts was first published in London in 1607, and re-printed in 1658. This is the publication which De Capo Press used for their 1967 edition; the main difference being that the work is now split into three separate volumes (the other two volumes concern reptiles and insects respectively.)

Sources
Topsell’s book is largely based on Gesner’s Historiae Animalium - a five volume work in Latin, published in Zurich in the 1550’s. Gesner’s History weighed in at a formidable 3500 pages. Topsell’s three volume set is around half as long, though there is rather a lot of reading in a single page of Topsell.

A great deal of Topsell's material is derived from classical sources such as Aristotle, Pliny and Virgil, as handed down via the medieval Latin bestiaries.

Topsell’s History comes at a transitional time. Intimations of what we would now consider ‘proper scientific method’ are clearly visible, yet Topsell is also anxious to defer to the authority represented by classical sources. The wrestling between these two concepts of knowledge is part of what makes Topsell's work so fascinating to me.

How could people believe this rubbish?
People nowadays seem to think that anyone with any common-sense, even in the 16th century, ought to have realised that Weasels don’t really give birth through their ears, that Lemmings don't graze in the clouds, and that Elephants don't become pregnant by chewing mandrake. People of Topsell’s period accepted these stories though, because they were circulated by the 'authorities' of the time. Today, I take modern physicists at their word, that time slows down near the speed of light, that my chair is basically empty space, and that there are probably various alternate dimensions floating around my room at the moment.

Now, if you want to stand by your opinion that people who think the Bible is an outdated book of redacted mythology are ignorant, I suggest you go and read these books FIRST, so you know what the mindset of the people who were the "experts" at the time of the KJV translation started (efforts started during Henry VIII and finally done in 1611) thought were TRUE about science.

The following are excerpts from Bartholomew

ADDER
The Adder fleeth the hind, and slayeth the lion, and he eateth rue, and changeth his skin, and loveth hollowness of wood and of tress, and drinketh milk busily. And he hurteth and grieveth with the teeth, and with the tail, and sheddeth venom, and lieth in the sun under hedges, and sucketh bitches, eateth flies, and licketh powder [dust]. The grease of the water-adder helpeth against the biting of the crocodile: and if a man have with him the gall of this adder, the crocodile shall not grieve him nor noy him; and that most jeapardous and fearful beast dare not, nor may do against him in noe manner of wise damage nor grief, which beareth the gall of said Adder.

ANT
And it is said that in Ethiopia be Ants shaped as hounds, and diggeth up golden gravel with their feet, and keep it that it be not taken away. And pursueth anon to the death them that take it away. And when they be overset in their houses to be taken, then shed they venomous water upon men, and that water burneth his hand that it toucheth, and breedeth therein itching and smarting. For they have that water instead of weapon and of armour. In India be right great Ants with horns, that keep gold and precious stones with wonder covetise and desire, but Indians steal them in summer-time when the Ants be hid in hills for strong burning heat; but the Ants fly after them busily, which take away the gold; and wound them after, though they flee the Ants riding on swift camels – in them is so wicked fierceness for lust of gold. When bears be sick, they seek Ants, and devour them, and heal themselves in that wise. But in some case Ants' eggs be medicinable.

from: Natural history in Shakespeare's time: being extracts illustrative of the Subject as he knew it
By Herbert West Seager

There can be no doubt that Friar Bartholomew's book was the standard authority on Natural History in Shakespeare's youth; indeed, it was the only popular authority.

Any questions?
Look it up.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

If it had been moved, you would have received a message from a mod to that effect. Did you get one?
Anyway, try it again in that forum, leave off the name of anyone from religious history in the title, and you'll get some more thoughts on your idea.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yep, they did send me a message, and I might just do that.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by MrsBlonde

How can you say you know what is wrong with it if you haven't read it???
is it just me ??

those kind statements are the definition of ignorant

so is the whole lets discuss Christ but not consult the only book that is about him

so lets talk about Dinosaurs only we won't go to museums or dig up fossils or even say the D word. if somebody says" look I have a piece of one right here" we'll say okay but BESIDES that what is your proof and we'll just bury that bone nothing to see here

I'll tell you exactly what's wrong with it. Sexism, damnation to homosexuality, stoning, Jesus's name is the ONLY way to salvation...there's a lot of stuff. I'd have to review it to find everything, but these are a few examples.

Are you satisfied?

not unless you've read it .
I have, satisfied?

fyi you do realize you've proved my point right?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

I was able to channel Re/Ra a few years, we have about a 4 hour conversation back and forth. He knew all about me, even things I had long forgotten. He told me many things, some of which I have alluded to in this forum. I never heard from him again. He did mention to me that it distressed him that the people of his time here thought of him as a God. He told me than, save a few million years evolution, and a higher vibrational Spirit, he was pretty much like me. I also know to others who have channelled Re/Ra.

I think a lot of the Old Ones are attempting to contact people, to warn, and to provide advice to.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Originally posted by mcdgray129
........ other then that you post was nothing more then a selfish trolling post and you know it.. and i will be reporting you now...

Can you not at least consider the fact that Jesus has other brothers looking over other solar systems?

If your mind is that closed, please do leave.

I have an open enough mind to consider this. Since you do not, you are clouding up the thread.

Goodbye...PLEASE.

Why did you quote my reply To OX out of context, and then try to make it look like it was a reply to the OP??
I said that to OX for calling jesus a fictional character from a storybook..
And show me where once i said i wouldnt consider that fact??. are we not all god's children? including jesus??
I gave the OP a star and a flag for such a great topic. As it is very much possible that the is other dimensions and planets with their own Jesus, and it is imo a good possibility they would be jesus brothers or sisters
Now what i dont think imo is that the is more then 1 master creator "The God", but it is very much possible he did send other jesus like characters to other dimensions and planets.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

re-read your own post on the first page, and tell me where I took anything out of context. (BS)

Also, how is it I made it look like it was from the OP?? Please note - both post names are in the quoted text.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

re-read your own post on the first page, and tell me where I took anything out of context. (BS)

Also, how is it I made it look like it was from the OP?? Please note - both post names are in the quoted text.

I think you really need to go back and read my first post. i still dont understand how you could quote me and come to the conclusion that i didnt believe in other dimension etc, and then go on to call me closed minded and that i dont belong here. I think you should go back and read what you quoted me saying, as that was to Ox not the OP for calling jesus a fictional character in a story book. Then you come along and only quote a small bit of my text and call me closed minded and put words into my mouth that i didnt say. anyone that is looking at that bit of text you quoted and then reads what you wrote, would think i directed that at the OP and you where calling me closed minded, that is how you took my words and quoted me out of context..
Not once did i say i didn't believe in other dimensions or stuff like that. so once again how did you come to that conclusion??..

And if you re-read you're own post you will see only my name is in the quoted text...
edit on 16-1-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Mkoll

I was able to channel Re/Ra a few years, we have about a 4 hour conversation back and forth. He knew all about me, even things I had long forgotten. He told me many things, some of which I have alluded to in this forum. I never heard from him again. He did mention to me that it distressed him that the people of his time here thought of him as a God. He told me than, save a few million years evolution, and a higher vibrational Spirit, he was pretty much like me. I also know to others who have channelled Re/Ra.

I think a lot of the Old Ones are attempting to contact people, to warn, and to provide advice to.

How do you channel Re/Ra. I've tried reading up on it, but can't find much good stuff except for the OPs link.
Is the any reading i can do on this subject as i find it fascinating
star for you
edit on 16-1-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ox

Seems like you don't understand why he died for us,for you.
Read this and pray to Yeshua to fill you with Holy Spirit!

Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
You are my friends, if you do whatever I command you.
John 15:13-14

I really hope you will understand this...
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Teaching them to observe all things whatever I have commanded you: and, see, I am with you always, even to the end of the world. Amen.
Matthew 28:19-20

Ox

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Originally posted by Ox
reply to post by Mkoll

I hate to do this.. But it's just my thoughts on the subject and a direct retort to your direct statement "An idea what to what Christ may actually be".

A fictional character in a story book that has been taken too seriously for too long.

Ok you got your stars because you know people will agree with you, now you can leave.

I applaud you, good sir.

edit on CMondayam000030f30America/Chicago16 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Aww I applaud both of you.. As I said.. it's my belief.. my opinion.
I'm not forcing my beliefs or opinions on anyone.. not asking anyone to believe what I believe.
That's all.. But you guys have your beliefs and opinions and I'll leave you all to them. For now.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
"An Idea as to what Christ may actually be,"

Sure, Christ, was a man, a human being of flesh and blood, The Son of the Living God. If you also want to know who Jesus was, that's an entirely different topic.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus

"An Idea as to what Christ may actually be,"

Sure, Christ, was a man, a human being of flesh and blood, The Son of the Living God. If you also want to know who Jesus was, that's an entirely different topic.

How so?? just asking thats all

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Nice . but if you don't believe in what He was, neither will you believe who he was. So, If you want to know who, there's plenty of information out there, readily available.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please edit the quoted portion to the salient material needed to make your point! There is no need to repeat entire posts within the body of your response. Too many and too large quotes hampers the readability of our busy and populated message threads. Also, it adds unnecessary file size to the download of a thread page for members who are browsing ATS on modems (not everyone is on broadband, we're a very diverse global community).

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I had been reading on the Law of One, and just laid in bed and called out to him, and he came. Pretty easy, for me anyway, but I never was able to get him again. Curious. Think I will try tonight. Ra was a brother to Thoth, and both I believe were Atlantians who escaped the destructions. I strongly believe Moses was also from Atlantis.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I had been reading on the Law of One, and just laid in bed and called out to him, and he came. Pretty easy, for me anyway, but I never was able to get him again. Curious. Think I will try tonight. Ra was a brother to Thoth, and both I believe were Atlantians who escaped the destructions. I strongly believe Moses was also from Atlantis.

Thank you for you're reply
. I'm going to go and do some more reading on this subject from the law of one, and try this tonight or tomorrow night
, as i find it very fascinating

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The devil is known by over 600 names. Ra is one of them. Lucifer the light bearer. Ra the SUN god. Be careful who you're talking too

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join