It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Idea as to what Christ may actually be

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

its been twisted that many times it is now pretty much false. I know gods word, and i know what to live by i know Jesus and the holy mother. and has the bible not been changed countless times??, you read it, so you should know it seems,

Yes there has been alterations, and mistranslations... but to say its false... That is a little harsh.

To take the entire bible as "Gods word" is a bit much all things considered... but the message from God has been preserved within... IF you know where to find it... And its amazing when you read it...

I didn't say you "need" to read the bible... but its worth the read... Though that also depends on how much you value spiritual information... I find it more valuable then anything on earth aside from another spirit... and its free!!

But hey...that's just me...

edit on 16-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

its been twisted that many times it is now pretty much false. I know gods word, and i know what to live by i know Jesus and the holy mother. and has the bible not been changed countless times??, you read it, so you should know it seems,

Yes there has been alterations, and mistranslations... but to say its false... That is a little harsh.

To take the entire bible as "Gods word" is a bit much all things considered... but the message from God has been preserved within... IF you know where to find it... And its amazing when you read it...

I didn't say you "need" to read the bible... but its worth the read... Though that also depends on how much you value spiritual information... I find it more valuable then anything on earth aside from another spirit... and its free!!

Ok i most admit i was i was wrong to call it false (But i didnt mean it all), i don't believe the word of god in it is false. Just that the is a lot of false info in it. but i have been to church before, and i have read bits of it i must admit. But i would be more happy to read the real thing, not what we have today.
And all im trying to say is, Most people when they think of christens, all they think of is all the killing that was done etc, that is not our fault and it is not god's fault. But yet it turns them away from it, do you know what i mean?, another star for you for another great return

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

The reason everyone talks about the Bible, in relation to Jesus Christ, is that it is the ONLY authoritative, reliable, historical source of information about Him.

If someone (like the OP) proposes something that is not borne out by the only real source of information (and is in fact denied by that authoritative source), then I'd guess that they are 'making it up' and are also wrong.

Simple!
edit on 16/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

Ox

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Wait. Bible history?? What's that. I'm living in the real world here. Not the bible world. I said "where in history" show me where in the real world. Not a book. Are people resurrected. Please show me. I'll eat my couch if you can show me one single shred of evidence to support resurrection that's not depicted in the bible.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Mkoll, I fear your thread has been derailed by both sides. Sorry to see that happen.
As for the your actual topic: This is been said in mass detail in The Urantia Book and Enoch. There seems to have been many theories on this also in many of the Gnostic writings that existed before the formation of the Bible, put together by Constitine in order to banner Roman citizens to his cause - world domination. The Gnostic sects of the day taught the way that Yesuah taught while here. Also look up Yesuah ben Joseph and Yesuah Pantera for other historical references. There were historians of the day that did write about him, so many who say there is no history just don't wish to be proven wrong. Much also has been uncovered by archaeologist as well on locations that were once thought to be fiction.
With that said, yes the bible of today is designed to make and keep non thinking worshippers who must go to their leaders to stay in grace. Both Yesuah and John taught you must seek it and prove yourself worthy and the spirit will be with you. Modern day Christians call this the Holy Spirit. Gnostics called this spirit The Christos (spelled differently because Chirstos is actually a Greek term, not Jewish, which is what Yesuah was).
A saying (that I will losely quote) of Confucius was that knowledge is a wellspring. The person who draws one cup and claims it to be all the well's knowledge soon becomes the fanatic or mad men.
The turning of this thread definitely proves that to be more than accurate.
Hope this brings it back for you. If not, be of good cheer and don't be like most here - study everything, not just one source.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Wait. Bible history?? What's that. I'm living in the real world here. Not the bible world. I said "where in history" show me where in the real world. Not a book. Are people resurrected. Please show me. I'll eat my couch if you can show me one single shred of evidence to support resurrection that's not depicted in the bible.

Here is a recent account, easily Googled. And here is a doctor's account and confirmation he believes in resurrection.
Ask and you shall receive.
Any more? Feel free.
Now stop derailing the thread because this had nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Thank you.
edit on 16-1-2012 by DaWhiz because: post to thread

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

My Idea as to what Christ may be is that perhaps he is one of these co creators. He is essentially our universe. Our collective consciousness as well as physically being our partition of creation. In a sense he is a son of god, And as our universe is separate from other universes at this level he is the only son of god we can contact, essentially.

I think you have a very interesting idea there! I am fascinated by the multiple dimensions stuff...and what MissSmartyPants said, too, ties in nicely to this theory. I'm impressed. It's about time we had some fresh suggestions to explain the unknown.

(Sad that the bible-babblers have tried to derail this thread, when you asked them nicely not to. They just can't see straight and let it go. )

You could try posting this in the Philisophy and Metaphysics forum instead. The participants seem to be a lot brighter and more equipped to discuss things with open minds.

--wild
(f/s just to bump ya..
)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I just think that people who say the bible is to redacted to believe so they dismiss it are admitting to a huge intellectual error

How can you say you know what is wrong with it if you haven't read it???
is it just me ??

those kind statements are the definition of ignorant

so is the whole lets discuss Christ but not consult the only book that is about him

so lets talk about Dinosaurs only we won't go to museums or dig up fossils or even say the D word. if somebody says" look I have a piece of one right here" we'll say okay but BESIDES that what is your proof and we'll just bury that bone nothing to see here

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I thought I did post it in philosphy and metaphysics

Perhaps it got moved because of the extensive bible debate

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I am detecting a troll christianity post

Like we don't get those everyday. Do you people never get tired of this?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

You didn't read the whole thing, did you?

It states that Jesus was a wanderer (advanced soul teaching less advanced souls from less advanced worlds) from the 4th Density, the Density of Love. He accidentally killed a playmate because he had the Infinite Gate (the ability to control energy) open without his knowledge, and he came to our world to teach us about love, as an act of penitence.

Jesus is not our "co-creator". That is Yahweh, who is actually our sun (supposedly).

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

The message is basically this: accept the Spirit (Love and Light) and follow its guidance (love everything) and you will be okay.

It is amazing because it's so simple and contradictory to everything being taught today.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I admit I haven't read the whole thing, but I thought it was an interesting idea and deserved to be shared. Thanks for correcting me

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

How can you say you know what is wrong with it if you haven't read it???
is it just me ??

those kind statements are the definition of ignorant

so is the whole lets discuss Christ but not consult the only book that is about him

so lets talk about Dinosaurs only we won't go to museums or dig up fossils or even say the D word. if somebody says" look I have a piece of one right here" we'll say okay but BESIDES that what is your proof and we'll just bury that bone nothing to see here

I'll tell you exactly what's wrong with it. Sexism, damnation to homosexuality, stoning, Jesus's name is the ONLY way to salvation...there's a lot of stuff. I'd have to review it to find everything, but these are a few examples.

Are you satisfied?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
reply to post by Mkoll

I hate to do this.. But it's just my thoughts on the subject and a direct retort to your direct statement "An idea what to what Christ may actually be".

A fictional character in a story book that has been taken too seriously for too long.

Or a guy with a nice message that has been taken out of context for religions to corrupt.

Either way, his basic message is not of evil or wrong.. HIS, not the bible.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
reply to post by Mkoll

I hate to do this.. But it's just my thoughts on the subject and a direct retort to your direct statement "An idea what to what Christ may actually be".

A fictional character in a story book that has been taken too seriously for too long.

Ok you got your stars because you know people will agree with you, now you can leave.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Originally posted by Ox
reply to post by Mkoll

Ok you got your stars because you know people will agree with you, now you can leave.

I applaud you, good sir.

edit on CMondayam000030f30America/Chicago16 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcdgray129
........ other then that you post was nothing more then a selfish trolling post and you know it.. and i will be reporting you now...

Can you not at least consider the fact that Jesus has other brothers looking over other solar systems?

If your mind is that closed, please do leave.

I have an open enough mind to consider this. Since you do not, you are clouding up the thread.

Goodbye...PLEASE.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ox

I'm not religious but calling the Bible a ''story book'' and Christ a ''fictional character'' is a little ignorant especially considering the origins of the Bible and SOME....of the facts its holds.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Originally posted by mcdgray129
........ other then that you post was nothing more then a selfish trolling post and you know it.. and i will be reporting you now...

Can you not at least consider the fact that Jesus has other brothers looking over other solar systems?

If your mind is that closed, please do leave.

I have an open enough mind to consider this. Since you do not, you are clouding up the thread.

Goodbye...PLEASE.

According to the same source that OP read, we all come from the same material, the same basic building blocks, as the Infinite Creator itself. That means we are all, in a sense, brother and sister.

Which means Jesus does have a brother (many, many brothers) doing exactly as he did, elsewhere in existence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join