It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress rips US Inspector General over missing $9 trillion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The wheel of democracy seemed have creaked forward a little. Beginning to look like an election year. It's a loud cry for accountability or dismantling the federal reserve. Where's the money? All I hear is 'wasn't me.' I need to see the whole interview. Is this missing money already a part of the $14 trillion we're in debt for? If so, WTH?

www.youtube.com...

edit on 15-1-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Link doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sorry about that. Fixed it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

It's not missing! Goldman Sachs has it.
2nd line.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Excellent video but this is several years old. Another reason why I hate the MSM news stations is they never show the date, sometimes it says "today" in the top right corner
Would really help to document when these occurred.
edit on 15-1-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Probably blame the missing money on Iran, good excuse for war I guess.

And o ya, Iran also introduced the "new" coke too.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
The wheel of democracy seemed have creaked forward a little. Beginning to look like an election year.

This video is from 2009.
Specifically, it is the Financial Services Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations hearing of May 5, 2009.

If you're really interested in getting to the news, and not just wanting a rant, maybe you could find out whether or not the review that Inspector General Elizabeth Coleman speaks of has been completed, and what the results were.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There's a lot of waste in government. People are not held accountable and oversight is nonexistent. When your using other peoples money, trying to save money doesn't come into the mix. They know they can count on a consistent influx of money year after year, and if they need more they'll just raise taxes on the middle class.

If you ever worked for city, state of federal governments you understand the mentality. If there's a surplus, you might as well spend it, or else you'll lose it or someone else in the government will spend it.

It's free money, simple as that.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sad but funny at the same time ...Look, no its a review ,no nothing there move along nothing to see in the review ..sad,so sad ...peace

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Wanna know where some of the money went?
Ask Gary McKinnon the English hacker that revealed the Pentagons floatilla of manned spacecraft.
Like the Jeff Goldblum's dad said in the movie "Independence Day," "You don't really believe they spent $500 for a hammer do you?"

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

who reads lips? What did the person behind whisper at 1:51 & 4:23 of the video?
edit on 16-1-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea

who reads lips? What did the person behind whisper at 1:51 & 4:23 of the video?
edit on 16-1-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

I lip read everyday in life as im 90% deaf in both ears.

This was hard to lip read as the woman was deliberately keeping her mouth as straight as possible so my interpretation might be wrong ...

1:51 - just says one word, "jurisdiction"

4:23 - Might be "stall it" "stalling it" im not sure and afterwards the camera cuts off the woman and back to the guy.

The woman with the glasses is telling the Inspector General what to say basically in order to dodge the questions.

Would be much better if the camera was slightly higher, that way you could see what the man with the blue tie is saying to the woman with the glasses.

edit on 16-1-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Thank you for the translation.
I'm sorry for your hearing loss some of the most beautiful sounds are very quiet.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The biggest thing we need here is an update to this story.

I watched this newscast the week it came out in '09, and I was wondering at that time when the American people would receive an update to how and why the Fed fritters away all the money. Is this like so many other Fed hearings where everything kinda just gets swept under the carpet in the long run and nobody ever finds out what or why they are doing what they are?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
All the corruption would be cleared up real quick if they had half the guts of the Japanese. Head of a company not doing your job? We are going to allow you to save face and kill yourself. Seppuku!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Is this part of the missing $Billions in Iraq?
I remember seeing an article a few years ago now about where a lot of the money went and the corruption behind it on the part of US contractors, usually for "rebuilding" work.
One of the examples they gave was a bridge, damaged by bombing by US aircraft. A team of local Iraqi engineers took a look and concluded it was only superficial damage, not structural and estimated a $300,000 repair bill. Up steps the US contractor, who sends in their own assessors and submit a $33Million repair estimate. Guess who got the repair job?

There are always vultures in war and rebuilding afterwards and they get the work due to political backhanders, simple as that. Hell, even Cameron was gloating not so long ago about the £Billions to be made by British companies alone in the rebuilding in Libya. Yep, rebuilding the very stuff we just blew up (much of it civilian and against international law) and paid for by those we didn't manage to kill in the process. Aint war wonderful for profits?

new topics

top topics

join