It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joint US-Israel drill postponed to 'defuse Iran tensions'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Unless one side decides they want to blow up the other side.

USS Liberty.

Say hello to your Israeli mates, but don't turn your back to them.

Oh come on!! The USS Liberty incident was an accident and you know it. Do you know how many troops are killed by friendly fire in training? It happens even more often in war!

Both the Israeli and U.S. governments conducted inquiries and issued reports that concluded the attack was a mistake due to Israeli confusion about the identity of the USS Liberty.

link

If you'll remember, there was a WAR going on at that time...accidents happen.
edit on 15-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Oh come on!! The USS Liberty incident was an accident and you know it. Do you know how many troops are killed by friendly fire in training? It happens even more often in war!
.[5] Attack survivors contacted in 2007, by John M. Crewdson for a Chicago Tribune article about the attack, "to a man" rejected Israel's mistaken identity explanation.[6] Lt. Gen. Marshall Carter, the director of the NSA, told Congress that the attack "couldn't be anything else but deliberate
.[21] Many Liberty crewmen gave testimony that one of the aircraft flew so close to Liberty that its propellers rattled the deck plating of the ship, and the pilots waved to the crew of Liberty, and the crewmen waved back
From the link you provided.
Yes I do check links. Do you want to believe a whitewash, or the men on the ship, who were there.

I'll add again, say hello to your Israeli brothers. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: try to add link

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I’m not trying to make it personal, and I appreciate the debate with you, but I’ve been to Israel 4-5 times, I’ve trained with IDF, and I know first-hand what they’re all about. I don’t need to read about it because I have those life experiences. How many times have you been there? Do you have any first-hand knowledge about the cohesion of US and Israeli forces?

I can tell you that if the SHTF there would be no problem working with them on any level. The US has prepared for this scenario for decades. The only difference is the infusion of new technology, which is why the training is ongoing.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Although sometimes we get heated in debates, I don't take it, or want it personal.

Last word about the "Liberty", remember the Tale of the "Scorpion and the Frog"

Best to you in your deployment sir.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Obama just showed how much of a coward he is. He is all talk , no-show. Never dedicate your armed forces and pull back before the job is completed. It shows cowardess and indecisiveness! We have an incompetent commander than cannot make a decision and stick to it. This is what our enemies see. They know he will only stick to his word if he can kill them from 10 miles up.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by seabag

Although sometimes we get heated in debates, I don't take it, or want it personal.

Last word about the "Liberty", remember the Tale of the "Scorpion and the Frog"

Best to you in your deployment sir.

Star for that!! No worries! I’m glad to debate anytime.

I’ve been out of the Marine Corps for several years, but I deployed to the middle-east twice and have seen how things work (to the extent I could).

The reason we do exercises with our allies is to avoid situation like the USS Liberty. You can’t avoid them all, but the more you train together the more you mitigate the risk.

Yes, I understand the fable you alluded to. I don’t think Israel is doing anything to set us up. After all, we are Israel’s only true ally. They wouldn’t BE or continue to BE without the US IMO. Israel is not suicidal....Iran IS.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I don’t think Israel is doing anything to set us up. After all, we are Israel’s only true ally. They wouldn’t BE or continue to BE without the US IMO. Israel is not suicidal....Iran IS.

Are you aware of the recent report of Israeli Mossad agents posing as CIA to recruit operatives from the Pakistani terrorist organization Jundallah? That is clear evidence to the fact that Israel has been attempting to insinuate a conflict between Iran and the US.

Just because we are Israel's only true ally does not mean they would never push the edge. In fact, to me it is evidence towards the contrary. Israel is the United States' only sustained Middle Eastern ally and, from the perspective of the US, it is imperative to continue to have an ally in that region. That is what allows them to do these things.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I am not surprised. I said on another thread that a war will not start at this time. This year is a presidential campaign, and what President running for re-election would want to start a war? My guess is not that very many. Israel and Iran know this, and in the meantime both of them will hold their noses at the stench of each other until after the US presidential election.

Iran can continuing doing what it wants for another year regarding their nuclear program, and Israel can continue preparing its war machine. I am sorry folks but this whole flare-up is just more saber-rattling. After next year, who knows? But right now, it will be more of the same tough talk, sanctions, military exercises, and stare-down contests.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

No, sorry... I can't.

More to come on that topic at a later date, (hopefully not) but we'll see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join