Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Do You Think There Is A Galactic Council Of Species Or Something Similar?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think a council per se or government what have you would come along on it's on with more and more interaction. As soon as someone declares ownership, and the other guy comes along and says I want that...you will start to develop commerce, trade, politics, etc...And that most likely happens in space at some place in the Galaxy where different civilizations meet.

I would think there are other places in the Galaxy where different civilizations can communicate with each other or possibly visit each other. Unlike our situation where we communicate with no one....or maybe we do?

Even take the theory on the Greys, we have a barter deal going with them right now...supposedly...I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine? That's not politics?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Now, anyone who comes on here and tells you that there is a galactic council or some crap like that for real here on earth is a gullible, ignorant moron and you should immediately run as far away from them as possible. Those type of folks are the reason the rest of us get laughed at.

Oh - I think there are definitely people here on earth who know.

However - to believe without real concrete proof is not wise.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I believe there is. And I believe they've all been told by the council to keep their existence quiet. Why is what I'm not sure about. I think we are galactic "virgins" and possibly "special" only because of our ignorance and galactic virginity - not because we house powerful souls or are "the chosen ones." I think terms like good or bad are human terms which are too closely linked with human pain, joy, disappointment, anger and fear.

If there wasn't a council, we'd have already met ET.

He wouldn't be good or bad, but because of our xenophobic fear and mistrust, we'd all think he was bad. Maybe thats another reason why they don't show.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Yes I do believe. We organize our own culture in a hierarchical fashion... e.g. city govt--county govt--state govt--federal govt.

With that said, I don't think it's like here on Earth... e.g. I don't think 4th dimensional beings overtly try and control 3rd dimensional beings, nor would they play favorites, succumb to personal biases, or collect taxes. But they may help mediate disputes between two lesser cultures.

But yes I do think there are some rules in place.... e.g. If the superpowers of the world built I giant nuclear powered spaceship and attempted to reach another star system, I think our UFO buddies would stop us.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Scramjet76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I've always thought this is possible. But another thought I have is that it's not like Star Trek. Instead, the technology might be vastly underestimated. Instead of star ships the alien races might actually be supernatural. They might travel via teleportation or something similar. They may be able to store their souls like we store files on our computer. They might be able to transmit themselves through the vacuum of space to other places. They may, in fact, possess time travel technology that allows them to interact in some way with the past and future. Maybe they know about parallel universes and have explored some of them. My point here is to say that while a galatic government seems plausible, I think that the technology level of this governing body of different alien races is likely far different when compared to our wildest science fiction.

Some type of government is very likely. Even in our humblest beginnings we had the look of government in our tribes with the elders and the shamans and the warriors and so on. The fact that this has remained consistent over long lengths of time and can even be loosely seen among other animals indicates the possibility that this is something we will see elsewhere. But we still must be very careful. Their form of government might be considered illegitimate by us.

Our limitation is that we often make predictions based off of our current culture and current technologies. We imagine aliens doing things that we do. We imagine them using technologies similar to our own but just more advanced. All of these assumptions can be wrong. For example, we imagine aliens using guns, but much better guns like laser guns or plasma guns. But maybe their weapons aren't directed by a single individual. Maybe it's aimed by a hive-mind. In fact, their weapons might be semi-intelligent and may permeate the entire universe. Perhaps they exploit a physics that unknown to us and they can "attack" any point in space/time. They may not socialize the way we do. They may not marry. They might not even have children as we know children to be. Anytime we imagine the future we have to be careful of projecting our own society onto them. I think it's near impossible to accurately judge the technology of superior beings.

They may not even explore this universe. If they can create new universes, they explore them instead. Or maybe they've fully explored the current universe and have no need for that.

We only have ourselves as a frame of reference. This limits our ability to imagine aliens.

The what-if game can be played forever. Everyone has their own version of the future.

I think the most stunning prediction I've seen is this:

He was right just about on every single point. Helping Hands is an organization that uses monkeys to help disabled people. The information age happened and much of what he said applies. He's right that AI could be our replacement, except I think it will be more of a marriage than a parting ceremony. Something he may have been confused about was how we used to breed animals and use them for specific purposes. We don't need to use animals as much anymore because we use machines and AI instead. But he was still very close to being right.
edit on 17-1-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Actually yes there is! A good source to learn about aliens is the Bible. Again something to understand. The word "Alien" and even the word "Angel" are just TITLE words. Angel = Messenger and Alien = Foreigner, stranger from another land. - Not Earth only.

The Book of Enoch even gives a great detail on these beings. Angels use to at one point lived on Earth before Adam was created. I won't go into all the theology on this post but you find this secret in Genesis Chapter 1 verses 1 and 2 and Ezekiel chapter 28.

I know your like "Genesis doesn't say anything about that." I'll try to sum it up in a quick way.

Earth is CREATED. That word "created" means complete, finish, PERFECT! Then suddenly! The spirit of God is moving on the face of the DEEP! Deep is translated (Hebrew) as Tahom. Which means the Abyiss and then (Strong's Biblical concordance) you get the word "Pit" which means Sheol. Sheol is "The Heart of the Earth" or commonly known as "Hell!"

The fall happened between verses 1 and 2 of Genesis Ch. 1. You get more details in Ezekiel 28. No one really knows how much time has passed between verses 1 and 2. How ever Science (and I love Science) says the Earth is what 3.5 Billion years old. I agree with Science and even Science says that the Earth at one point was a ball of fire. This is how Hell was created. ...Sheol which are these chambers in the Earth.

Listen to what I'm saying. These chambers in the earth are no so much fire and brimstone that is a distant far off event in prophecy) these chambers are holding units of the fallen angels and the damned. This gets deep. I mean, I'm trying to sum it up with out a lot of writing. But one explanation opens up another question, lol. The earth needed to be a ball of fire so it could create the pockets inside the earth. Have you seen Dog Wood? It might be called Red Dog. But anyway.. It looks like a comet but its just where the rock is burnt. I think its actually coal. I have a huge piece of it and it shows all these pockets inside.

So yes, we have some over seers. A lot of people reject the Bible for alien information but it is a powerful source and a lot of people have become ignorant (and most of it is Christians) and they reject the best UFO/Alien book ever written. ...The Holy Bible! ...Jesus is my favorite alien!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by defconzero
Actually yes there is! A good source to learn about aliens is the Bible. Again something to understand. The word "Alien" and even the word "Angel" are just TITLE words. Angel = Messenger and Alien = Foreigner, stranger from another land. - Not Earth only.

This is interesting to me. I'm Atheist - - I do not believe today's religious interpretations of ancient text. But I do believe most myths are built from a reality.

Anyway - - I say - - "Read the bible from above - not from below".

In other words - - - read it from the perspective of an off-planet being or "light" being - - - not from the perspective of human earth being.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Yes - - actually I do. Like Star Trek - - a Federation of Planets.

To me its very probable and logical.

I think the universe is very political. A real struggle of power and control. You just can't get away from politics.

Thank you, Annee. I sincerely believe there is a Federation, or rather a Confederation. There are a lot of inhabited planets out there, and all do not just "get along." And for the member who says Pleiadians and Reptilians do not exist? Well, they do. Keep your mind open, soon you are going to need it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If there is such a group, I really doubt it has made itself known to us...

However, I would assume that some kind of group like this exists.

It stands to reason that any society capable of interstellar transit would likely be peaceful. This is because the main focus for warfare (control of resources) is a non-issue if you were able to traverse the stars and gather what you need from uninhabited worlds.

Therefore, it also stands to reason that such societies would eventually run into each other, and establish some kind of order, rules, etc.

In fact, I think that it is actually the only plausible explanation behind the aliens seeming lack of wanting to either help or destroy/enslave us. To me, it seems as if they are simply quarantining us, and watching us for the time being. After all, we are still motivated by resource acquisition, as we use up our own resources, and lack the means to get them from the stars. They likely see this as a dangerous situation, but one that we will eventually overcome (or we may get too dangerous, and need to be destroyed)...who knows?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If such a group/alliance, or what have you, actually exists, I have to wonder if they are as impotent as our United Nations. Do you think they sit idly by while while one species exterminates another? Do you think they put the evil Reptilians in charge of their Alien RIghts Committee??

Don't mean to get political or hijack this thread, just felt like making an obseration based on humanity's experiences with coalitions.

I do honestly hope that such a council exists. I believe in ET life, and thus believe in the existence of evil ET entities. Such a council would give innocent, peaceful planets at least some defense from such evil beings. right??

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

If you think about it though...most all global conflicts facing the UN are about control of resources. Country A wants control of resources that belong to country B.

If this were taken out of the equation (i.e. resources are infinite)...then there is almost nothing (except ideology) to argue about.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eaglecall
It makes perfect sense that civilized species capable to colonize planets and even transform planets, would have created a council or a federation to keep peace in the galaxy or in the determined sector. Not having an organized federation would result in easy extermination of primitive species like humans for natural resources and colonization. Non-interference on primitive species like humans make sense too. Not touching those, is just a problem less. So "stay away from primitive species". Only allowed to watch and monitor. The technology/DNA trade on earth could very well be an illegal black market of DNA or even human trafficking for multiple purposes.

mmmmm that would be true assuming they care, if they don't care about primitive species or things like that then why would they create some interstellar body?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

"A Galactic Council or Similar?"

Oh yes, indubitably.

...and with many levels of protocol and governed by nested hierarchies of interaction often at odds with each other.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
There are multiple possibilities. And a way to understand easier, is to know some facts and stay away from mainstream "scientistszzz"

We know the niverse was born approximately 12-14 billion years ago.

We know the Sun system was born around 4.5 billion years ago.

And humans, lol....humans came into the picture in cosmic terms, one minute ago. How long? around 250,000 years ago. Are you serious?? 250,000 years ago, that is absolutely NOTHING in cosmic terms. Before humans walked on this planet for the first time, there were billions and billions of years of Universe before. Billions of years of planet Earth here. There is a whole Universal history before humans were even planned to be created.

"thinking" that what could be out there is not possible, "mythical" or "science fictio", can only come from the most primitive retarded ignorant mind. It is all about mathematical probabilities.

Is like if I stand in front of a 20 feet hole. And I plan on trying to jump to the other side. What is more probable. That I'm gonna jump 20 feet and make it to the other side? or that maybe a human cannot jump 20 feet and I will die. What mathematically could be the outcome. That is how stupid and ridiculous this situation is.

We shouldn't even ask ourselves these possibilities. It is incredible we have so many humans out there who "believe" we are alone and we are the maximum expression of the monkey. That is based on absolute pure ignorance. But an ignorance at the most classic level of a primitive under developed species.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rreeves5

I don't think that there exists a galactic council. If there is any advanced species out there, they don't practice something as stupid as politics.

i gotta disagree.. there is always going to be differences... having a brain doesn't necessarily make you a flower sniffing hippie.. it could make you adolf hitler.. something to think about. i know the popular thought is that aliens are enlightened beings and that may be so and it may be not, can u prove or disprove any of it? nope.. so we gotta wait and see.

I hope there is some kind of galactic federation... to answer the original question.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Yes, but more than just 1 council. Star trek, star wars, stargate,etc all have a disclosure purpose, minor, but its there. Xfiles as well. Logic suggests that even a minor amount of the stories portrayedhave some significance. Past that, i wont elaborate because its meaningless and im not very well educated past earthly knowledge. One thing i will say is im 99% suresome screwedwith our DNA along the way and we didnt get here today 100% through nature.

Pardon the spelling, im on an iThing.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Honestly I am unsure if there is or not. What I feel in my gut is that there is something huge that we don't understand about life and the nature of our universe. There will be a study out soon that basically says there are planets around every star. All of them. Using the Drake equation at the commonly accepted numbers with 100% in planet formation comes up with 10 of thousands of civilzations in our Galaxy alone, right now. If that is the case why can we not seem to find a single one?

I lean toward that while we consider ourselves intelligent and civilized, in reality we are a long way from it and we have a long way to go before the big kids on the block take us seriously.

I also think that we might find that there is a huge amount of diversity amongst the people of the stars, so much so in fact that nobody has anything in common with anyone else and thus interaction is minimal at best.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
My intuition tells me yes and always has. I remember being younger and pretending I didn't believe in aliens because it was frowned upon to be so "imaginative."

I think we have been watched as the aliens version of "Jersey Shore" with our minuscule problems of every day life while overlooking the bigger picture. To prevent our show from being cancelled, they interject and turn off a few nukes here and there as a slap on the wrist and to keep us in line.

Thats how it is in my mind anyway, with a little less sarcasm.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Look, we are kind of off the beaten track in our galaxy so those stars closer to the center are millions of years older than us. I would say they are probably more advanced than we could probably fathom.

To think that there wouldn't be cooperation between these advanced cultures would be close-minded.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Probably somewhere in the universe. But I don't but any of the pleadians vs reptillians stuff. Those species only exist in our imagination. Cool sounding names though.
reply to post by xSLOTHx

The latter "species" yes so far I come to the same conclusion, but the former, whether by the same name or not do show up many times over, looking the same, dressed the same, flying the same. the Case of Travis Walton is probably their most famous appearance in UFO lore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join