It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Reporter is Criticized for Ron Paul Hit Piece.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
CNN's Dana Bash gets bashed back!

Remember this?

That little screw up didn't go unnoticed and I hope she gets a lot more back lash because of it. Have a look at this video now and see just how supportive the Ron Paul folks are. Not afraid to speak up and confront what AJ calls one of the "Media Whores".

Looks like her popularity poll isn't going to be surging anytime soon...

When is the media going to realize that they are fighting a losing battle with their lies and propaganda? When will the clue in to the fact that people are educating themselves against their daily brainwashing?

When will they start reporting real and unbiased facts? Actual News.

Until they realize that we are waking up and no longer take everything they say for fact, they will keep losing credibility and viewers.

The biggest puzzle here is why they continue to bash a person that many are calling a "True American?" Many of their viewers are rallying around Ron in a bid to return America to the people and yet the MSM doesn't seem to care at all. If there is a puff piece of a dog saving a cat, it's all good because people want to see it but Ron isn't deserving of even a little respect.

You would think that like all other programming, the station would spew out what people want to see. Not for Ron tho.

Peace

edit on 15-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think what she said has been blown out of proportion to be honest, I'm a RP supporter but honestly many republicans share her concern in that what may happen is that Ron won't be strong enough as an independent to beat Obama ( and honestly, that's probably true.. given the way the electoral college favors a two party system in the first place ) .. but that Ron will in turn detract votes AWAY from the republican candidate which would give Obama a much bigger advantage in the end.

This isn't a secret fear they have, it's a genuine one .. plus the editing in that video was EXTREMELY annoying.. just to add that in.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Lets be honest.. if Ron loses the nomination as the republican candidate, and chances are he will ( I sure hope not ) .. AND if he runs as an independent, that could very well be the best possible thing for Obama because he'll pull votes away from the republican candidate and still very likely not win without the electoral votes which, if I'm not mistaken, can only go Democrat or Republican..

Ron's only reason to not run as an indy would be that very reason.. he's smart enough to know that he would most likely be just turning over the presidential race to Obama ..

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I think what she said has been blown out of proportion to be honest, I'm a RP supporter but honestly many republicans share her concern in that what may happen is that Ron won't be strong enough as an independent to beat Obama ( and honestly, that's probably true.. given the way the electoral college favors a two party system in the first place ) .. but that Ron will in turn detract votes AWAY from the republican candidate which would give Obama a much bigger advantage in the end.

This isn't a secret fear they have, it's a genuine one .. plus the editing in that video was EXTREMELY annoying.. just to add that in.

Editing annoying...Oh hell yes!

Out of proportion? I'm not so sure. It looks like his supporters are ready and I believe that's all that matters IMO. You may be right that he has a huge challenge ahead of him as an independent but this is a man that has never bowed, wavered or changed paths like so many others have done in the face of decreasing popularity.

Yes he's independent and I believe that's his strength. How many others could do the same? I think that is his true strength and a lot are seeing that. I guess we can only wait and hope tho.

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
She speaks the truth -- he is not going to be the nominee and if he goes third party he screws the pooch for the right wing.

That is a hit piece. Kinda like saying the sky is blue is a hit piece on the moon.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
She speaks the truth -- he is not going to be the nominee and if he goes third party he screws the pooch for the right wing.

That is a hit piece. Kinda like saying the sky is blue is a hit piece on the moon.

You could be right on this.

Somehow I think Ron knows this as well. So the REAL question then becomes if he does indeed know, what is his REAL plan?

One thing he isn't is stupid.

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think Ron will bow out if he doesn't get the nomination.. I think he's tempted and won't risk giving a definitive answer, but if he doesn't play his cards right he will basically be handing the election to Obama on a silver platter.. he has to REALLY judge his support because without the electoral system in favor of a third party.. he faces an EXTREME uphill battle that could very well screw the conservatives..

A lot of people wouldn't vote for him as an independent because they would view it was throwing the vote out given the grim chances of winning in that situation..

Just my thoughts.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think too many voters are under estimating Ron Paul's chances on beating Obama if he's the republican candidate. I come from a family and area that is heavily strong democrats. I've noticed these staunch democrats have been talking more and more about Ron Paul, my family included. They particularly like his stance against lobbyists and his foreign policy. Sure there are issues they don't agree with, but they have weighed the positive impact that his foreign policy, and the removal of corporate influence on our system would have on this country and the economy!

The problem is the media is consistently trying to downplay his chances and are giving him little time to voice his positions. The debates are a joke, you might as well give Romney a one hour interview because he takes up the entire debate!! Paul's support has been consistent in Iowa, and New Hampshire. He's the only candidate that doesn't see his poll numbers falling. That alone should give him ample time in debates to talk more about his opinion on the issues.

If Ron Paul received as much media attention to present his position on the issues, and if the media would stop trying to sway voters and downplaying Ron Paul, I would bet his support would increase overnight. Not enough voters know his stance and some are not taking the time to find out because he's aligned with the same republican morons he's running against.

If he goes independent, the media and both parties will again downplay his candidacy and sway voters to not waste their votes like they did with Ross Perot.

top topics

join