It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Weather Modification" Pilot Explains How they Spray Silver Iodide in Sky to Modify Weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I checked the search engine to see if this video was posted here. I was not able to find it. I apologize if it was already posted. This is news to me and I thought it was worth sharing.

I have watched the sky to the southwest of me getting hammered with chemtrails. The city of Flint is regularly covered with a blanket of them. I live on three county lines and am able to see where the trails start to the east of the city. They lay the trails down like a farmer plowing a field. I don't know any other way to explain it.

This video confirms to me what I've been seeing. They are indeed spraying stuff in the sky to modify the weather. If they have the technology to spray silver iodide in the sky, what other things are they capable of spraying? Is this stuff really safe to the environment? If they can truly cause it to rain, why did Texas suffer from a drought this year? I have so many questions.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It has been done before - www.abovetopsecret.com...

"They" have the technology to spray alll sorts of stuff - it's not difficult to do - at the simplest you just dump a bag of "something" out a hole in the a/c floor or through a door - it is trivial.

Things we know they "spray":

Seed, fertiliser, weed killer, insect killer, water, fire retardant, oil dispersant, pollution (various chemicals that are the product of combustion of hydrocarbons, including aforementioned water), For cloud seeding I think they have used AGI (as per your video), CO2, Salt (common "table" salt) and Calcium Carbonate

Weather modification isn't secret - Weather Modification Inc will sell you the Silver Iodide candles if you want.

But there's a few things that make cloud seeding differnt from the purported "chemtrails":

1/ it isn't done in cloudless skies - it is done in clouds!
2/ the trails are barely visible even if they weer to be done in a cloudless sky
3/ they are done at low altitudes, and usually by small aircraft, not airliners
4/ it is not secret
5/ it didn't "suddenly start" in 1996-ish - it's been going since the 1940's
6/ the King of Thailand holds a patent for a cloud seeding process - and there is actually plenty of evidence for this patent being used!

Perhaps Texas didn't actually do enough of it (or any??) to make a difference??
Or perhaps they didn't have any cloudy skies to seed? Dunno - but the effectiveness of cloud seeding is not really all that well documented - there is no reason to suppose that any given cloud seeding will always produce rain.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Its not weather modification. What silver iodine does is to draw in moisture in the atmosphere and that moisture collects on the silver iodine forming a water droplet. The water droplet then starts to fall as rain. This practise has been going on for decades.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

This confirms my suspicions about the weather modification and trail issue, and how I think this is about money and chemical manufacturer contracts. Aside from any nefarious intention, I think someone(State) is convinced of potential benefits from weather mod efforts, and sold material and equipment for application. For me, this issue is another follow the money one, and I think the chemical industry is just trying to sell snakeoil for the skies.

I wish he had gotten footage of some delivery systems. I still have not seen anything beyond small planes that deliver weather mod technology. Does it not make sense that industry people could create contracts with civilian airplane to attach a dispersal system that feed into the turbines directly,utilizing a convenient and already existing mode of dispersal. Especially if everyone gets paid?

Again, I think this issue is more business related than anything else.
edit on 15-1-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

I wish he had gotten footage of some delivery systems. I still have not seen anything beyond small planes that deliver weather mod technology.

Because that is how it is done efficiently and at lowest cost!

tehr is plenty of footage around of how it is actually done - sorry it doesn't meet your imagination, but that's real life for you.

Does it not make sense that industry people could create contracts with civilian airplane to attach a dispersal system that feed into the turbines directly,utilizing a convenient and already existing mode of dispersal. Especially if everyone gets paid?

no it makes no sense at all - especially if you have any technical knowledge of either cloud seeding or aircraft or airline operations.

Silver iodide would be a contaminant in engines - it would coat blades or poistons or other parts and reduce the life, so it would cost money.

And why would you bother doing it to large airliners in order to fly them at low level into clouds anyway?? These operations are done AT LOW LEVEL.

Anyone can hire cloud seeding - you are right about it being a business - lots of people do it for all sorts of reasons - farmers to geet rain, electricity authorities to stock up hydro lakes, skifield operators to generate snow, Thailand and Queensland to break droughts.

Perhaps if you took some more time to research what is actually happening you wouldn't have to rely upon imaginative but ill informed speculation.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Does it not make sense that industry people could create contracts with civilian airplane to attach a dispersal system that feed into the turbines directly,utilizing a convenient and already existing mode of dispersal. Especially if everyone gets paid?

Again, I think this issue is more business related than anything else.
edit on 15-1-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

No, it makes none at when a small aircraft is much cheaper, and easily achieves the desired result. If you have a cloud seeding business you would, like any other, seek the maximum result from the minimum cost. A bigger aircraft does not equal more rain from the cloud. It would only equal operating costs you could not hope to recoup.

Also, if you tried spraying from the operational heights of modern jet transports you wouldnt be able to aim at the cloud at all,even if anything you sprayed didnt just circle the globe in the upper air currents.

Attempting to pass cloud seeding chemicals through the engine it would destroy it, a new jet engine for a modern jet transport to replace the one you've wrecked would cost more than that small aircraft that you could just use for years.
edit on 15-1-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Perhaps if you took some more time to research what is actually happening you wouldn't have to rely upon imaginative but ill informed speculation.

Perhaps if you would refrain from such supersciliious tones and rolling eyes someone might actually listen to you. And research does not always reveal truth in it's entirety ya know.

reply to post by waynos

Thanks waynos, for a sensible reply without condescending remarks, I appreciate it!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

If research doen't always find the truth then what does??

I made no disparaging remarks in my forst post - and you ignored it - so I do not believe that my "tone" put you off at all - I question your actual desire for the truth in the first place.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Perhaps if you would refrain from such supersciliious tones and rolling eyes someone might actually listen to you.

What the Gaul has said is a very sensible view on the "issue" and perceptions associated with it. And you know, sometimes, rolling the eyes seems like a very normal reaction to a display of sheer silliness.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Sheer silliness huh? Thanks

I thought it was a speculatively logical premise and not exclamatory, even if ill informed. I just do not appreciate being blended in with some of the more far out chem trail stances. Guess I'll just thicken my skin some more.

sheer silly spec
edit on 15-1-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: silliness, of course

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This guy is simply talking about basic cloud seeding, NOT the thing that most people call "chemtrails".

There is nothing in what this guy is saying that can be linked to persistent trails in the sky coming from high-altitude planes (the trails most of us know are condensation trails, or "contrails".

Cloud seeding is not a secret. It is done publicly and openly. It's been around since at least the 1940s, and became popular in the 1950s. There are companies who advertise the fact that they can do cloud seeding. You can often find newspaper announcements where the cloud seeding company (or the local municipality who is contracting the cloud seeding) telling the public when and where they plan to seed clouds.

Cloud seeding itself has an unclear track record as to how well it actually works. Cloud seeding often fails to bring rain, and even when it does rain after seeding, it isn't always certain whether the seeding was the cause of the rain, or if it would have rained anyway without seeding.

Basically, this video is overly dramatic, considering the stuff they are talking about is nothing more than simple old-fashioned cloud seeding. I'm not sure what the whole "hidden camera" routine was all about. You can call cloud-seeding companies and they'll be happy to tell you about their services.

Again -- CLOUD SEEDING IS DONE OPENLY AND PUBLICLY, and cloud seeding is not done from high-altitude jets.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hi everyone, this is my first post on this excellent informative site. Good luck to everyone here. Keep up your good work please!

I have matured from the disreputed David Icke site as it is full of small minded uninformed egos.

My intro may have been posted already here (apologies if so) but I found it interesting to find a sizeable & experienced company offering their Geoengineering services to the world.

I will research ATS much more from now on and build my knowledge on all the subjects I am interested in, especially geoengineering, ancient aliens, moon landing, pyramids on earth & elsewhere, planetary alignments & of course the decimation of our freedoms. War with Iran being my main concern for 2012.

My point today is a Swiss company called METRO SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL
www.weathermodification.com...
also
www.meteo-systems.com...
also
articles.nydailynews.com...

Part of their website quotes:

The secret project, which reportedly cost nearly $11 million, was funded by Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, president of the UAE and leader of Abu Dhabi.

The device consists of lampshade-shaped "ionizers" which generate fields of negatively charged particles that create the clouds that lead to rain, the company claims.

According to Arabian Business, over the period of 122 days during summer months, the emitters were used 74 times and during those times the humidity reached 30 percent or more. As a result, the Al Ain region experienced rain 52 times on days when it was predicted by forecasters there would be no rain or clouds.

The company even claims the man-made storms produced hail and lightning, the Middle East magazine reported.

The Sunday Times reported that the project was monitored by the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, a non-profit research organization based in Germany.

Their Swiss HQ:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by diewrecked69

Yeah "ionic rain making" is pretty new twist - but it's not particularly secret any more either - eg Mexico "approved" it in 2004

Of course it involves no chemicals at all, and no aircraft either.....so neither chemtrails nor geo-engineering!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

But there's a few things that make cloud seeding differnt from the purported "chemtrails":

2/ the trails are barely visible even if they weer to be done in a cloudless sky
4/ it is not secret

1. agreed, you don't seed where there are no clouds, you make them from scratch using radio waves.
3. weather modification and cloud seeding doesnt even require planes
4. agreed
5. I have patents going back to 1891 "rain maker"

Read the REAL history of weather modification here:

Weather Modification 101 – One Hundred Years of Cloud Seeding

on my blog:
r3zn8d.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3zn8D

4/ it is not secret

1. agreed, you don't seed where there are no clouds, you make them from scratch using radio waves.

really? Where do you get that from??

4. agreed

you must be pretty ancient to have patents that date back that far!!

on my blog:
r3zn8d.wordpress.com...

Is there something startling in there that deserves more attention? It looks like a reasonable summary of some of the available info - certainly not all of it - for example I think you would find this useful - weather modification law in the USA

And as always when claims are made, I am interested in what the evidence is - in particular for this bit:

Billions of dollars are being spent dumping chemicals in our atmosphere with no public oversight, no real verification of positive results of these modifications, and no toxicity testing on aerosolized chemicals or protection from the Environmental Protection Agency.

where do you get "billions" from?

Plus of course you are simply incorrect about there being no public oversight - there is in Texas, as you yourself note, there is US Code 9A: Weather modification activities or attempts; reporting requirement - it dates back a bit & I am not sure what the current status of it is - all the law sites still carry it & there's nothing to say it has been repealed that I can see.

and of course there are other rules in other jurisdictions - eg Canada has its Weather modification information act, and I know in Queensland Australia their EPA has water strategies that include cloud seeding - this one for the far north of Queensland is an example.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

4/ it is not secret

really? Where do you get that from??

4. agreed

you must be pretty ancient to have patents that date back that far!!

on my blog:
r3zn8d.wordpress.com...

Is there something startling in there that deserves more attention? It looks like a reasonable summary of some of the available info - certainly not all of it - for example I think you would find this useful - weather modification law in the USA

And as always when claims are made, I am interested in what the evidence is - in particular for this bit:

Billions of dollars are being spent dumping chemicals in our atmosphere with no public oversight, no real verification of positive results of these modifications, and no toxicity testing on aerosolized chemicals or protection from the Environmental Protection Agency.

where do you get "billions" from?

Plus of course you are simply incorrect about there being no public oversight - there is in Texas, as you yourself note, there is US Code 9A: Weather modification activities or attempts; reporting requirement - it dates back a bit & I am not sure what the current status of it is - all the law sites still carry it & there's nothing to say it has been repealed that I can see.

and of course there are other rules in other jurisdictions - eg Canada has its Weather modification information act, and I know in Queensland Australia their EPA has water strategies that include cloud seeding - this one for the far north of Queensland is an example.

1. really? Where do you get that from??

Aquiess RAINAID - Electromagnetic Cloud Shifting
www.aquiess.com...

Cloud Ionizer – Creating Clouds from Scratch Using Radio Waves
Article: Have scientists discovered how to create downpours in the desert?
www.dailymail.co.uk...

NASA Rocket makes clouds:

1891 PDF: 0462795 – Method of Producing Rain-Fall
www.freepatentsonline.com...

weather modification law in the USA pdf? I have that already, it is on the page.

By oversight, I mean real testing on the effects of silver iodide, aluminum, et al on human lungs/systems. Or testing on the long term effects of seeding. It can be argued that after seeding an area, it becomes significantly drier and hotter, even the CFR geoengineering docs agree there. And for the record, NOAA, the US Navy, and the US State Dept will take requests for weather modification. Just ask Hillary.

Billions of dollars? At the very least billions are spent on "Weather Insurance" ( look it up, hail suppression)
snowpack augmentation, and precipitation enhancement.

Since you are lazy and did not read, here is a video:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

weather modification law in the USA pdf? I have that already, it is on the page.

I searched your page for the author's name and didn't find it - did you attribute it??

Billions of dollars? At the very least billions are spent on "Weather Insurance" ( look it up, hail suppression)
snowpack augmentation, and precipitation enhancement.

ah - so not billions on weather modification at all - billions on insurance.....which is not the same thing at all.

Since you are lazy and did not read, here is a video:

Was there a point in it? I would much rather have the information identified rather than having to waste my time looking through probably irrelevances and bunk

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

1. really? Where do you get that from??

Aquiess RAINAID - Electromagnetic Cloud Shifting
www.aquiess.com...

You know they are they only source for any info on this - I cant' find anywhere else that gives them any role in "breaking" the Australian drought of 2005 that isn't essentially a repeat of their own promotion. "Project Albatross" doesn't seem to exit outside their literature.

and even by their own document they do not actually make clouds - they move them.

Personally i think they are a scam - there is no verification of their claims online at all that I can find.

Cloud Ionizer – Creating Clouds from Scratch Using Radio Waves
Article: Have scientists discovered how to create downpours in the desert?
www.dailymail.co.uk...

so ionized dust particles - not radio waves either

NASA Rocket makes clouds:

Yeah - well known - you burn oxygen and hydrogen together you get water - I think it is about year 10 chemistry. Lots of rockets use hydrogen/oxygen fuel.

you know what else you can burn to "create" water and clouds? Hydrocarbons - like jet fuel - they make contrails when conditions are right. But even when conditions are not right they are still making water

And still not radio waves.

1891 PDF: 0462795 – Method of Producing Rain-Fall
www.freepatentsonline.com...

So using liquid carbonic acid gas to create rain - raised into the atmosphere by balloon or gun - to create a cloud which will precipitate rain - not exactly radio waves either as far as I know

top topics

join