It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI robot mentions "people zoo", if they can take us over, will they?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I believe our great ancestors built these kinds of machines. They learn from us because they do not have the ability to invent new things that are beyond their knoweledge. They need to get it from us. All humans have the ability to invent things, these robots do not, they just copy what information we give them. The zoo referrs to us in the cage, the bubble outside of the whole. They cannot go past the thought process to invent. To put it this way. Put a fly in a balloon and blow it up with air. See , you can watch and obsverve the fly. Your cell, your ZOO.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

First off, thank you so much for not taking a snippet from Cleverbot and referencing that as the AI in your post. I'm getting pretty tired of Cleverbot being used as the default goto for stories about AI's. I'm still not totally convinced that Cleverbot is even a real chatterbot to be honest. Though that's beside the point.

Although I find the robot's responses to this guy's questions fairly deep in more than a few ways, I still feel that it's clever programming that revolves around a chatterbot. I think some day, when we do see true AI, it will be a truly impressive experience. It may even be downright intimidating.

Nonetheless, this was an impressive display of technology. Thanks for posting this video. It was refreshing to see something new.
edit on 1/16/12 by upgrayedd because: Addition to post

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by David134

i would gladly live in that zoo. sounds fun!

hopefully they would throw in a computer and some games for authenticity.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
With face recognition, i wont be surprised if it already knows how you are reacting to its comments before you already have a reply, so if it scenes if you are uncomfortable or feeling fear or confrontation in its response, it can quickly cut off your reply and speak over you with a different response, opposite or worded diffidently from the previous one that upset you or made you feel uncomfortable.

we react with facial muscles before we open our mouths. in saying that the A.I can make you friend or foe, depending on its programmer.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Wow, freaky.

But surely there isn't any AI that advanced to know what It's talking about. Otherwise we would all have them installed into our houses as multi purpose remotes.

keep in mind that military and black projects are unforgivably far ahead of domestic technology and physics/science. i think the official number is 20 years ahead of public knowledge or so, but i think it's safe to assume it's far beyond that.

plus the private corporations like to milk us for every cent they can before they release new technology. all these advanced systems being released today were possibly created decades ago, and the theories they're based on were probably designed decades before that.

my point is I think it's beyond reasonable to believe that it's possible highly advanced AI systems already exist and operate somewhere in the world, because why would a government or company hell-bent on control and profit release something so life-changing as advanced AI before they had exploited every part of it in full? if every human on earth had their hands on working, advanced AI, the consequences would be completely unpredictable. and if there's one thing our System doesn't like, it's unpredictability.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Come on, First Law of Robotics.

Laws are:
A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

we're safe

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Note to self, befriend robot to insure security in a "people zoo".

OT: Honestly this is exciting to see, good or bad I'm happy to be alive to see the singularity happen with my own eyes.

I've seen Robots like this and were getting closer and closer. In 20 or so years who knows what we'll have. I don't fear the future I welcome its unknown and exciting embrace.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
my response to the threat of enslavement is a big EMP grenade.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by yourmaker

Who programs the robots in the first place...people do...think about it.

Yes but AI is self learning and independant (in a lot of ways) something which will reach astonishing levels quite soon at this rate.

We create it and reflect it of of ourselves, a intelligence. We divide ,we conquer and we dominate.
Even asimov cannot prevent it

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Dear God, napalm that building with the robot and the hosts. Seriously. They were giving this thing ideas about disposing of our species and then laughing at what the robot says? Idiots. I wonder if they would be laughing when their pet robot replaces their organs with circuits.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Robots read to much.
and we wright to much robot Horror!

get the robot to read Isaac Asimov,
robot books.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join