It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIA: Attack on Tehran is an Attack on Moscow

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmirage0311

What global implications man? how about sending the earth on a magnetic wobble which results in spilling your coffee first thing in the morning before even that chat begins? no need to use 100s of nukes!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Russia has NO business giving a radical nation nuclear power or protection.

And we have NO business meddling in their affairs.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

We actually have every kind of business meddeling in their affairs.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Double post ...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Privet DeepThoughtCriminal, the trouble with mother Russia is that it is full of corruption in its government. The government are not looking after its people, they are looking after themselves, which is why 80% of the wealth in Russia is with 20% of its people. Putin has great ties to Tehran because they make lots of money off arms deals, however do not let your government fool you into thinking that it is ok for Iran to have nuclear weapons. You should not be happy to allow your government to take your servicemen to war on the back of keeping Putin's back handers rolling in from the arms deals to Syria and Iran. Your people do not profit from this, only your elite. Spasibo.
edit on 15-1-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal

This is attitude we don't like. Makes us opposed and wary of the West. Who are you to say what Russia does? I think the USA should keep to its own affairs. If they was not meddling in the East, this conflict right now, not so tense. Our government is not planning for world domination over the West. We look to strengthen ourselves, forge our own connections. Remember Russia too has been victim of terrorism, but instead of invasion, sinking to corruption motives, we look to strengthen bonds to avoid the war.

So.... You think, that Russia should be a subjugation of the USA? You think, Russia should obey the desires of the West? You never think, that Russia is a nation of its own making, acting for itself? This ignorance is insulting. Show respect for other cultures and other governments and other ways of life. The USA is not the entire world. Other nations, other people exist, and they will do as they see fit, to ensure the strengthening of their nation. To make a nation stronger, does not mean that war is being plotted.

I would like better relations between Russia and USA. I don't want to see Dead Hand. Mutual compromises, displays of respect, is the way for this to happen. Not accusations of war-mongering, blaming it solely on the East. You think your country is perfect do you? I know mine is not.
edit on 15-1-2012 by DeepThoughtCriminal because: my english gets worse...

Excellent answer! you are not criminal after all. Kudos!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

The Russian government deserves no respect. They have constantly opposed the West. I mean constantly without any provocation from the west. Perhaps you should do some research on how the Russian government has treated the West. The West hasn't treated the Russians very well either , but they created this even more when directly ignoring many of the world's powers in the past without any reason but to better themselves and ignoring the rights of others. The west is guilty of this as well , but the Russians even more so which actually forces the West to undermine the East even further. You obviously have done NO research what so ever.

Go take Diplomacy / Military Science courses at a college and you can see most of the world's underlying problems in which i have been instructed. Go spend your money and learn instead of making arguments that are obviously incorrect if you know two cents of diplomatic history.

We are forced to oppose the East and to do our best to be more powerful than the East. If we were not. We would all be communist right now most likely.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This is good... Now the United States can back off and deal with the the mexican cartels that are making it through our border and killing US citizens... I honestly dont understand how Obama doesnt consider the Mexican cartels a serious threat, they are in all major cities and they are literally terrorizing people in those cities and along the US/Mexico border on a daily basis....
edit on 15-1-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

The Russian government deserves no respect. They have constantly opposed the West. I mean constantly without any provocation from the west. Perhaps you should do some research on how the Russian government has treated the West. The West hasn't treated the Russians very well either , but they created this even more when directly ignoring many of the world's powers in the past without any reason but to better themselves and ignoring the rights of others. The west is guilty of this as well , but the Russians even more so which actually forces the West to undermine the East even further. You obviously have done NO research what so ever.

Go take Diplomacy / Military Science courses at a college and you can see most of the world's underlying problems in which i have been instructed. Go spend your money and learn instead of making arguments that are obviously incorrect if you know two cents of diplomatic history.

We are forced to oppose the East and to do our best to be more powerful than the East. If we were not. We would all be communist right now most likely.

Give some good facts man, your arguments are not convincing at all.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

I agree with you. Some further quantification besides "Go take a college course" would be appreciated

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmirage0311
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Nonsense? Who is going to launch "hundreds of nukes"?!

Are you aware of global implications? It seems you are living in fantasy land. Come join me in reality for a second and we can chat about this.
edit on 15-1-2012 by blackmirage0311 because: (no reason given)

You were wrong and are not man enough to admit so.

If and when the super-powers go at it, hundreds of nukes will be launched at each other and at the intermediary powers. There is nothing fantastical about it. Only death and destruction. It is the reason the cold war ended with a war of words rather than a nuclear holocaust.

If you are being serious in your posts then I must say it is really scary how naive and poorly informed you are. I am an american and damm proud of it, but I will never let pride get in the way of common sense knowledge.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

I am not trying to convience you of my argument. You should do your own research. There is simply to much information to post that i am unwilling to do for you. Im simply saying .. the East deserves no more respect from the West than the West deserves from the East.

War is going to happen regardless. Let Russia deploy its forces in the Middle East and watch them be obliterated by the US War Machine.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

So now you bring personal attacks into the discussion because I disagreed with your fantasy post. Somehow this pertains to my manhood. You're so right - there will be millions of nukes soaring through the sky. You win.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

"Never Again" this was said by Rosselvelt in WWII regarding the Holocast. However real meaning was that "Never Again will US want to fight a war with a major nation.

Again, Russia is not a 'arms and cash' starved third world nation. War with Russia might mean no more life in this solar system atleast. I.E. Solar System gone defunct like balls on the pool table hitting each other. In the meantime before this happens, do your research and find another solar system to hoist your american flag in.

For the rest, you are wise enough to make own conclusions.
edit on 15-1-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Perhaps the suicidal Russian / Iranian government can find another Life to raise their flag in?

Ill be happy to send them on their way.

I have one life and already almost lost it. It isnt that bad , living through it is the worst part. Make sure they do the job next time.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
On the nuclear issue, I think that it will definately not start out that way. There will probably be tactical uses, and every use will have a reprisal from the opposing side. It might eventually culminate in nuclear holocaust, but who knows?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Yes, Russia has its problems, but this tension with the West will not help. Both sides must work, I just don't like a lot of the attitude of some people, who blaming all on Russia and the East - this is not fair.

reply to post by milkyway12

No, not always opposing the West. I am not saying Russia's government is perfect, no way. And how has the West treated the East? Nicely, you think? Not so. What I say is, both sides have faults. Russian people accept this. But many Westerners do not - why? They say it's all the East's fault - when no. Not so clear cut.

And why should Russia not oppose being subjugated by the West? You have problem with strong Russian nation, you see it as a threat perhaps? It doesn't have to be this way. Communication needs to be strengthened. By defying the USA attacking Iran, Russia protects its own interests. That's like, if R. attacked, Australia or something, the USA will step in and protect them, no? See the double standard?

I admit I'm not the expert, but I am no idiot. I see this from the perspective of someone in RF.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmirage0311

So now you bring personal attacks into the discussion because I disagreed with your fantasy post. Somehow this pertains to my manhood. You're so right - there will be millions of nukes soaring through the sky. You win.

I assume you have never heard of MAD..........

Mutual assured destruction
From wikipedia

Mutual Assured Destruction, or mutually assured destruction (MAD), is a doctrine of military strategy and national security policy in which a full-scale use of high-yield weapons of mass destruction by two opposing sides would effectively result in the complete, utter and irrevocable annihilation of both the attacker and the defender,[1] becoming thus a war that has no victory nor any armistice but only effective reciprocal destruction. It is based on the theory of deterrence according to which the deployment, and implicit menace of use, of strong weapons is essential to threaten the enemy in order to prevent the use by said-enemy of the same weapons against oneself. The strategy is effectively a form of Nash equilibrium in which neither side, once armed, has any incentive either to initiate a conflict or to disarm.

They don't build hundreds or thousands of nuclear armaments just to brag about it. If push comes to shove they CAN be used. Go back to high school little man!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
An attack on Tehran is an attack on humanity itself, and an affront to every man, woman and child's soul on this planet.

We're fast approaching the event horizon of our self-fulfilling extinction prophecy. I hope everyone that gorges themselves on nationalistic paranoia and war mongering really chugs it down. Eat it up while it lasts, you glutton, as you'll be starving very soon.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Can is not will. It is in no way beneficial to start the war off with a nuclear holocaust. MAD works both ways

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join