It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIA: Attack on Tehran is an Attack on Moscow

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by rigel4

Mind over matter, it seems

So it would seem, unfortuneately this kind of tech hasn't proved reliable in the field.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
One thing to keep in mind is that the current Russian government might make threats, but they may not be backed by its people. They are just about hanging on to power as it is with mass demonstrations against Putin and his cronies.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
One thing to keep in mind is that the current Russian government might make threats, but they may not be backed by its people. They are just about hanging on to power as it is with mass demonstrations against Putin and his cronies.

Putin may well have found his magic ticket to power then.

"A Threat to Mother russia Card".

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Nope. Our military keeps tabs on everything that goes on in our waters. If we know where they are, they are not a threat.

Those who think these subs pose any threat have absolutely no clue how our military functions, nor the technology that is used.

You don't become the #1 military super power in the world without being able to detect potential threats and defend yourself.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

If a sober Russia is acting like this, you don't want to know the decisions a drunk Russia would make. Now, I am originally from Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, I can prove this. I spoke to my grandmother on the phone two days ago, she said the atmosphere over there is one that will not cloud itself in a war.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by buster2010

When was the last time Russia won a war? and when was the last time they fought in one?

Judging by your comments in this thread you act like you were born five minutes ago...you really should educate yourself a little better before you go blabbering about things you obviously don't know anything about.

2008 South Ossetia war

Russia humiliated the supposedly highly trained (by the USA and Israel) Georgian armed forces.

and Second Chechen War

another Russian victory against what many consider some of the toughest fighters in the world- the Chechens.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Sorry, I misread that post.
Russia's ICBMs are nothing to be afraid of unless you are a fear monger.

Our satellites are capable of picking up these missiles within the first stage of their launch. They will not make it even close to us.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmirage0311
reply to post by rigel4

Nope. Our military keeps tabs on everything that goes on in our waters. If we know where they are, they are not a threat.

Those who think these subs pose any threat have absolutely no clue how our military functions, nor the technology that is used.

You don't become the #1 military super power in the world without being able to detect potential threats and defend yourself.

The Uninvited Guest !!!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

reply to post by rigel4

Our satellites are capable of picking up these missiles within the first stage of their launch. They will not make it even close to us.

If they were to launch them from 2 miles off he coast, they wouldn't have time to intercept them. Even if they could, all they would have to do is detonate over the US to cause an EMP burst that would effectively take out the US power grid, and by association, the ability to communicate with overseas bases. Don't get me wrong, I know the US is at the forefront of military tech, and I don't wish for the loss of ANY innocents but, with Irans partner in Venezuela, along with Cuba being Russian friend, I don't know that the US could stop all of the nukes if they were to target US soil. That is only IF they could get them to venezuela or cuba.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Chinas subs > Russia

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

reply to post by ken10

Chinas subs > Russia

China supports Russia in this matter.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Nope

"China will not go all the way" to support Iran, says Willem van Kemenade, a Beijing-based expert on Sino-Iranian relations. "They are not going to confront the US in a decisive way."

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

reply to post by rigel4

I need to know when the tech changed? As fas as i was aware ICBM's were still a serious threat to any western nation.

I have a feeling the tech you speak off is limited in use, and other than launch detection, most of the missiles would reach their target.

I have never heard of "Star Wars" ever being finished.

But feel free to enlighten us with some links to the tech.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmirage0311

That was in relation to the sanctions, not if the US starts a war. Follow the allies, not the sanctions. Of course China isn't going to start anything by not going along with the new sanctions (even though US has slapped sanctions against them now), but, if there were an actual war and Russia got involved, expect the Chinese to be in their corner.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

RUSSIA: Attack on Tehran is an Attack on Moscow

I didn't find any Russian sources saying about "attack on Moscow". Only that "Any conflict on Iran is a direct threat to Russia’s security".

So title of this threat is at least not precise and misleading about what "Russia" said, I think.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
reply to post by Futurcrat1

Jews have suffered all over and it seems only place they have not is the US and some other western nations. I think US should ask all the 6M Isrealis to pack up and immigrate to US. There are many thinly populated states like ND, SD, Montana, Utah etc. and this immigration will be good for the economies of these states. Jews are pretty good in entrepreneurship, academics, research etc. to begin with. They are mostly peaceful folks but in Israel it seems half the time they have to fight with Islamics and hence all this fear and anxiety over Iran building nukes.

That time passed many moons ago when Patagonia was offered but rejected post WW2.
Instead the Jews got Israel and that's how they rolled.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Before making condescending moronic remarks, a little research might help you.

This is a system that is currently in the works. However, we have defensive missiles paired with early warning satellites that provide us with great comfort in the meantime.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Count Chocula

They are regional conflicts, not all out war.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm not religious, but i am interested in learning more about Gog and Magog. People seem to have various views on what it all means online. For this lets believe the Gog and Magog is true and it is describing a future war that has not yet come about?

What i don't get and i am not an expert on this. I've been researching this topic for last then a hour. Was just doing some light reading before coming on here.

But i have my doubts the Gog and Magog battle is about Iran and Russia attacking Israel? Didn't Ezekiel describe Israel will be alone defeating these armies and they'll come from the North.

To me that sounds like description of the six day war of 1967.. Syria and Jordan attacked from the North against Israel and were defeated by Israel, alone. I've my doubts Israel could ever defeat Russia., alone? That's not realistic that could ever happen, folks.

If anything and like i said am not religious, but if you believe all this is going to happen?. We are mostly like in the final days of Revelation?
edit on 15-1-2012 by P12SOLD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join