It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIA: Attack on Tehran is an Attack on Moscow

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Russian spetnatz are not your typical homemade haji with an ak-47. Your kids will come home in a body bag or just a flag. It will be real war and not the cake walk slaughter occupation like the u.s committed in the middle east.
Very well said and that backs up what i said a couple of posts back and "if" world war-3 involves, russia,china and north korea vs united states,england,israel and canada fighting a conventional war,the winner is obvious,the usa and its allies will be bled dry before the opposition is through putting their front line first wave troops into battle and the combined armies would be around,usa + allies,5 million troops,russia + allies,25 million troops,give or take a million...
edit on 17-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

While giving all the respect to Russian sacrifices for their country and the cause of others, I would like to comment that there is a difference of doctrine in both war fighting and daily way of life. US is extremely careful that any mission that it takes incurs minimum and if possible no causalities. On the Russian side there is little less value for the life of a soldier and that of a civilian also. This was really true during the communist times and hope it has changed a lot by now.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

For one example,imagine China attacking,bombing,shutting off,starving and blockading Boston in the same way the Nazis laid seige to Leningrad,that Russian city and its battered people held out in a living hell that words cannot describe for almost three years and Boston would surrender in about a few weeks...Imo...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

overmatched conventionally yes.In terms of WMD and nuclear countermeasures(civil defence) I would say they are in better position,

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
Russia's best chance in warding NATO off is if Germans refuse to tow the line of the AngloSaxons i.e. US and UK.

Germany will be the first country to walk out of NATO in the event of a Russia-USA conforntation. Germans will freeze to death in winter without Russia supplied Natural Gas

Russia's oil and gas supplies to Western Europe are strategic in nature. Western Europe with the exception of the UK will not dare stand against Russia in a direct confrontation. But that switch will never come unless there is a direct confrontation.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
While giving all the respect to Russian sacrifices for their country and the cause of others, I would like to comment that there is a difference of doctrine in both war fighting and daily way of life. US is extremely careful that any mission that it takes incurs minimum and if possible no causalities. On the Russian side there is little less value for the life of a soldier and that of a civilian also. This was really true during the communist times and hope it has changed a lot by now.

Another way of looking at it is, being alive is the highest value for Americans while there are things Russians value more than just being alive like being alive on their own terms. Hope that hasn't changed in Russia.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Not Iran,but Syria .Yes,Syria.War with Russia could strongly happen over Syria.

Meddling in Elections is an act of war.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Russian industrial output during ww-2 surpassed even that of the united states,who wasnt being bombed and who wasnt suffering millions of deaths at the same time and the more the allies bombed nazi germany,the greater their industrial output became,they and the russians built more weapons and machines while they were being attacked and bombed,then they built when they were'nt being attacked and bombed,the russians and the germans were very tough and hardened sob's back then and they still are now because its in their blood,its in their memories,they see it in their parents and grand parents eyes every day,they hear their war stories all the time and they listen and they learn...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

overmatched conventionally yes.In terms of WMD and nuclear countermeasures(civil defence) I would say they are in better position,

And you base this on what exactly? You actually believe that the U.S. is not capable of Missle Defense on a large scale? Do you really think that the U.S. Nuclear deterent...Land, Sea and Air...and having the most acccurate missles and MIRVED Warhead ever made...would be looked at as having any problem striking targets at will? Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Russian spetnatz are not your typical homemade haji with an ak-47. Your kids will come home in a body bag or just a flag. It will be real war and not the cake walk slaughter occupation like the u.s committed in the middle east.

As if the U.S. does not have special forces of their own? The Russian Military is ill prepared to fight any battle with the U.S. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmirage0311
reply to post by rigel4

Nope. Our military keeps tabs on everything that goes on in our waters. If we know where they are, they are not a threat.

Those who think these subs pose any threat have absolutely no clue how our military functions, nor the technology that is used.

You don't become the #1 military super power in the world without being able to detect potential threats and defend yourself.

So what happened with 911. The US had lots of time to react ..... and did not!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

WMD I mean biological types too. Second there is something called Red mercury in Russia for nuclear.
On the civil defence there is a lot of preparation and Moscow is building 5000 bunkers for its population .Plus there are several superhardened underground bases and food storage sites for post nuclear war.

I suggest you do research on this.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blackmirage0311

What? I literally choked..

Required funding? Where?

Every nation in the world will screw the United States when they act offensive without good reason because they have acted like the world police for way too long.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by novuslibertas
Every nation in the world will screw the United States when they act offensive without good reason because they have acted like the world police for way too long.

World police? More like world's biggest thugs and no police around to check them.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Just out of curiosity have you ever been to Oklahoma, Arizona, New Mexico, etc. I can pretty much assure you there are more the 240,000 Native Americans left.....I''d site some sources, but half the net is down for the moment.....

I am not defending everything that was done to Native Americans.......but let's not overdue it in support of our anti american agenda/

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
reply to post by blocula

Just out of curiosity have you ever been to Oklahoma, Arizona, New Mexico, etc. I can pretty much assure you there are more the 240,000 Native Americans left.....I''d site some sources, but half the net is down for the moment.....

I am not defending everything that was done to Native Americans.......but let's not overdue it in support of our anti american agenda/
Of course "now" theres more than 240,000 Native Americans,they do have children, but at the time,around 1890,thats about how many were left alive,from a pre-existing population on the north american continent of around 20 million...

In 1500,there were roughly 20 million American Indians.In 1900,there were about 240,000.David Stanner and many others estimate the total Indian dead in the Americas to be roughly 100 million.It’s difficult to imagine how a genocide could be more complete.In terms of percentages,the American genocide killed more than 98% of Indians,rendering this holocaust more efficiently lethal than any disease known to mankind...

Who put the United States Government on trial and executed some of them for annihilating almost the entire Native American population...No one...But we sure had no problem putting high ranking Nazis on trial and executing lots of them,for doing more or less the same things we did...Unbelieveable...
edit on 18-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by novuslibertas

I'm sorry...I guess you haven't looked at our military budget. lol. About 5x more than China for comparison.

Every country in the world? Now I'M choking!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmirage0311

It doesn't matter if the bullet is 1 dollar or 40 dollars, it can kill you. A lot of US military cost is overhead and in support of the 900 overseas bases in 130 different countries. Also the US standard of living is higher in the USA and thus the contractors have to charge a lot higher for products. Heard of those no bid contracts? They basically charge the DOD anything they want.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

My point is our military is more advanced than Iran's....
I'm not sure how you can argue with that.
edit on 18-1-2012 by blackmirage0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer
Why would you be so naïve to think that america is israels ally out of the good of their hearts? They are sucking it up because well...they have no other choice.

Why would you assume that I believe that America is Israel's ally out of the goodness of their hearts is a better question? Don't make assumptions when you never even bothered to ask for an opinion.
~SheopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join