It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIA: Attack on Tehran is an Attack on Moscow

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by Foppezao

The hate is strong for the islamics,Ossetian,central asian,juden too.Most russians today are of a xenophobic variety. Whether commie or capitalist.

Vrs Islamics it is because of Chechnya war.

Vrs Jews because of Oligarchs (most jewish) looted Russia in 1990s, with both the hands and fled to west and israel. $200B worth of assets were auctioned to mostly jews and their buddies for $7B.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

The hate is strong for the islamics,Ossetian,central asian,juden too.Most russians today are of a xenophobic variety. Whether commie or capitalist.

Most wars they fought in the last 30 years, Afghanistan, Chechnya, were against radical Islamists.In most cases the Russians got their ass wooped...They'd love to see the US struggle in another swamp of war and make a few bucks selling weapons but they;re not going for war over these silly Persians.China is also out of the question, they even want special discount for crude Iranian oil because no one else is bying it.No need to worry people, the only stupid thing that might happen is hundreds if not thousands of US soldiers sacrificing over Israel..
edit on 17-1-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmirage0311

I'm well aware of roosevelt pressuring japan by cutting off her ability to obtain oil,90% of which japan was importing at the time,which more or less forced japan to assault outwards just to survive,but i'm very surprised that newpapers headline was allowed to be released...

Its like that cross-word puzzle from england in 1944 that used words that more or less revealed the soon to be d-day invasion plans,code names for the landing beaches and the entire operation itself...The Crossword Panic Of May-1944 > www.historic-uk.com...

edit on 17-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Wow weird! I never knew about that. That seems like a really odd coincidence

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
So how many proxy wars/conflicts have we seen during the Cold War? Korea, Vietnam, Cuba[in which both countries stepped back, the US removed their missilies in Turkey], Afghanistan, Yom Kippour[more or less] not to mention the crises in Berlin, Hungary '57, Prague '68.And all the coup d'etats in satellite states in Africa and latin America .And how many times have they used nuclear weapons and have we actually seen Russians killing Americans and vice versa?...right.
So i really don't see any reason why the US or Russia might want to use them now [against each other] over some crazy Islamic theocracy, I even dare to think that Russian soldiers and conventional forces are likely to bail out and desert then to fight for these Islamic radicals and kill people from their Jewish/Russian diaspora in Israel.I've been in Moscow and St.peterburg and the hatred against Islamic[or anything foreign] people is much deeper than here in Europe or the US.
If they define this to a small war, which is most likely, i wish those Russians all the luck they need, the IDF will eat them and spit them out...
edit on 16-1-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

You are right about the Russians hving no love for Islamic Extremists. In this case there is NO WAY that Russia would commit troops or any other military actions to help Iran. China would do nothing also as they too have issues with Extremists.

This whole thing was set into motion by Iranians with Big Mouths. It will end with a wimper not a bang. And if for some very unlikely reason things do go Bang....Iran will be much different. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Imo...Here are the major reasons why Russia is so concerned about Iran...

The Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline > en.wikipedia.org...

The Baku–Tbilisi–Ceyhan Oil Pipeline > en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

"another idea is that the US is rapidly encroaching towards mainland Russia, having invaded Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, instigated social unrest in Tunisia and Egypt, drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen, naval skirmishes off Somalia, heightened tensions in the Black Sea from the South Ossetia conflict (which Russia knows that Georgia launched that attack on behalf of the US) and now Syria and Iran."

Why is it that Americans and I use it as a general term because about 90% of you... Just believe everything on earth revolves around you?

Are you aware that people in those countries have their own thoughts? That they maybe just maybe wanted to overthrow dictatorship as a means to benefit themselves?

Why are you on this desperate crusade to be the center of attention?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Imo...Here are the major reasons why Russia is so concerned about Iran...

The Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline > en.wikipedia.org...

The Baku–Tbilisi–Ceyhan Oil Pipeline > en.wikipedia.org...

Which is why there is a deal in place to make sure that these are protected in the event of a skirmish. The U.S. and Russia no longer think apart but rather talk to each other on a daily basis. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer

"another idea is that the US is rapidly encroaching towards mainland Russia, having invaded Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, instigated social unrest in Tunisia and Egypt, drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen, naval skirmishes off Somalia, heightened tensions in the Black Sea from the South Ossetia conflict (which Russia knows that Georgia launched that attack on behalf of the US) and now Syria and Iran."

Why is it that Americans and I use it as a general term because about 90% of you... Just believe everything on earth revolves around you?

Are you aware that people in those countries have their own thoughts? That they maybe just maybe wanted to overthrow dictatorship as a means to benefit themselves?

Because we are the ones who have to constantly keep fixing other peoples messes. When in the Former Yugoslavia...Serbians were killing Muslims on a genocide level...I did not see many countries coming to their aid even though it was happening in the back yard of many of the nations you listed.

Start doing the right thing and we will not have to do it for you! Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Maybe they did that to let the underground on the Continent know what was going on.

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by blackmirage0311

I'm well aware of roosevelt pressuring japan by cutting off her ability to obtain oil,90% of which japan was importing at the time,which more or less forced japan to assault outwards just to survive,but i'm very surprised that newpapers headline was allowed to be released...

Its like that cross-word puzzle from england in 1944 that used words that more or less revealed the soon to be d-day invasion plans,code names for the landing beaches and the entire operation itself...The Crossword Panic Of May-1944 > www.historic-uk.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
what is russia gonna do ?

get drunk ?

Seeing how Russia is the second most powerful military in the world they can do what they want. Israel needs to start reigning in it's terrorist before it gets stepped on like the bug it is. Remember without America Israel is nothing.

Do you REALLY believe America is their ally because they just randomly feel like it? Israel has some hold over America, that said Israel is also amongst the strongest military strategist in the world with highly trained personal that would probably put to shame some of the best in USA, technologically they are faaaar superior to anyone in the middle east.

Maybe I'm wrong but they don't need America, America needs Israel.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Because we are the ones who have to constantly keep fixing other peoples messes. When in the Former Yugoslavia...Serbians were killing Muslims on a genocide level...I did not see many countries coming to their aid even though it was happening in the back yard of many of the nations you listed.

Start doing the right thing and we will not have to do it for you! Split Infinity

I agree with you a 100% that America is in a good position to play world police and watchdog, I welcome that, but your saying they get involved post-tension. They aren't the source of everything and all choices made around the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

Do you have any idea how much people uch as myself and others wish this to be true. Don't you think that we are not sick of having to be the go to guys on everything and I was extremely happy when we told our NATO allies they had to go it alone in Lybia. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Do you REALLY believe America is their ally because they just randomly feel like it? Israel has some hold over America, that said Israel is also amongst the strongest military strategist in the world with highly trained personal that would probably put to shame some of the best in USA, technologically they are faaaar superior to anyone in the middle east. Maybe I'm wrong but they don't need America, America needs Israel.

The truth is that you're wrong. In fact, you bumped your head my misled friend. Israel needs America more than America needs Israel, and anyone who understands our foreign policy already knows that. Not sure why tabs are being kept anyway. Nothing new, This is common knowledge. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmirage0311
reply to post by rigel4

Nope. Our military keeps tabs on everything that goes on in our waters. If we know where they are, they are not a threat.

Those who think these subs pose any threat have absolutely no clue how our military functions, nor the technology that is used.

You don't become the #1 military super power in the world without being able to detect potential threats and defend yourself.

blackmirage0311, and yet people with box cutters and some dudes in a cave pulled off 9/11 right under our noses. And to top it off it took nearly a decade to get the ringleader.
edit on 17-1-2012 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I'm not American. Why are you attempting to stir up a petty non-existant issue at my expense?
I have said nothing to which you could take the moral high ground legitimately, rather foolish.
You think I agree with the American wars, when my signature says "Rebel Command"

Are you kidding me?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by Foppezao
So how many proxy wars/conflicts have we seen during the Cold War? Korea, Vietnam, Cuba[in which both countries stepped back, the US removed their missilies in Turkey], Afghanistan, Yom Kippour[more or less] not to mention the crises in Berlin, Hungary '57, Prague '68.And all the coup d'etats in satellite states in Africa and latin America .And how many times have they used nuclear weapons and have we actually seen Russians killing Americans and vice versa?...right.
So i really don't see any reason why the US or Russia might want to use them now [against each other] over some crazy Islamic theocracy, I even dare to think that Russian soldiers and conventional forces are likely to bail out and desert then to fight for these Islamic radicals and kill people from their Jewish/Russian diaspora in Israel.I've been in Moscow and St.peterburg and the hatred against Islamic[or anything foreign] people is much deeper than here in Europe or the US.
If they define this to a small war, which is most likely, i wish those Russians all the luck they need, the IDF will eat them and spit them out...
edit on 16-1-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

You are right about the Russians hving no love for Islamic Extremists. In this case there is NO WAY that Russia would commit troops or any other military actions to help Iran. China would do nothing also as they too have issues with Extremists.

This whole thing was set into motion by Iranians with Big Mouths. It will end with a wimper not a bang. And if for some very unlikely reason things do go Bang....Iran will be much different. Split Infinity

Exactly, another case is Kosovo '99, although Russia was less bold than under Putin [then under jeltsin] they didn't come to aid to support their Slavic brothers in Serbia.It is really beyond me why people on ATS, facilitated by admins and moderators, have all these threads[threats] about World War 3 ushered by this Israel/Iran war, but he what do i know?...

Iran is on its own, with maybe some support from Syria and Hamas/hezbollah. But i don't see China, Russia or other SCO members working together such as the NATO allies, who have much more experience working together since Kosovo and Afghanistan[Lybia recently] and systems completely integrated.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Yeltsin was a puppet of Berezovsky,Jewish russian mafia and supposedly a Western agent,Berezovsky was the Godfather of the Kremlin. Russian Generals were willing to start a world war over Serbia,but due to Yeltsin could not,if the Generals had the weapons codes then Europe and USA would have undergone a holocaust.From what I know from a friend in russian military who's brother works with me has to say:

1)Iran is a bait
2) Syria will be protected maximum probability.
3)Russian WMD is on high alert and Biological are loaded on the strategic artillery(ICBM's) and chemical ones on Scuds since the western interference in Russian elections.The glonass update system has been attached to thousands of Scuds too.Strategic missile Forces are being put in a state of combat readiness.
4) Preparations for nuclear war are underway since 2008.

edit on 17-1-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Israel would kick Russia's @ss.

That's without help from the U.S. unless Ezekiel just failed to mention that one. I really doubt that. Russia has nukes and that's the only reason anyone puts up with anything they do. I think most of their ICBM's wont make it out of their launchers. The new ones, yeah but the older ones have serious issues I am sure.

We are talking about the same russia that put the first satellite in space , and the same russia whose space probes are still functioning , the same russia who developed alot of equipment that is built to last
the russia that created the AK47 which can last for years buried in dirt and water and still fire !
that russia ?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I think Russia probably would like to get key personnel out of harm's way if NATO/America decides to overturn Iran's nuclear applecart. The outgoing ambassador's message is probably being interpreted as, "If you are going to do something, it is not a trivial matter for us. We will be aggravated and annoyed if we don't have time to get our experts "home for some RnR" when the smart bombs start arriving."

As other posters have pointed out, neither China nor Russia want to see the rise of Islamic power in any way shape or form.

Israel is a hood ornament on this juggernaut. Getting a lot of attention and the first thing vandals want to take a swing at, but hardly important to the vehicle's locomotion.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join