It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIA: Attack on Tehran is an Attack on Moscow

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Hi, I'm seeing this from a British point-of-view, or more precisely, an English one. So with the ordinary working class like me, currently being dumped all over in regard of national policies of saving cuts here, or unemployment dips there, all on account of bankster greed, the very notion of "war" in Europe has this duel meaning to a lot of people...

Wars of words ARE on-going as we speak, in regards to the Euro monetry crisis, so beyond the Eurozone, it'll be costly whatever happens. And with Syria on the news as I type this, the idea of the more war, somewhere-- and sometime soon-- is part of that framework too...

But until then, its still just a war of words...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thought you all should read this, it has just came on the google nes network:

Iran war: Clocking down to doomsday

Full Aticle

A former US official says an American nuclear attack on Iran would cause China and Russia to think they could suffer a similar fate, and possibly lead to a nuclear Armageddon. “The consequence would be that the world would face a higher risk of nuclear Armageddon than existed in the mutually assured destruction of the US-Soviet standoff,” wrote Paul Craig Roberts, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury during Ronald Reagan's presidency, in an article titled “'IRAN: The Next War on Washington's Agenda Politics” on infowars.com. Roberts added, “The raised level of Washington's rhetoric and demonization of Iran” is one of the signals pointing to Washington intent of a military strike on Iran. “Only the blind do not see that the US government is preparing to attack Iran,” he said.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Russia can huff and Russia can puff but it won't be able to blow the house down. Russia is massive yet its Military budget is smaller than the UK's. They do not have enough forces to be offensive outside bullying a country like Georgia. If it came to it NATO could take Russia out along with Syria and Iran.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
. If it came to it NATO could take Russia out along with Syria and Iran.

Now now, lets play nice here.
Wouldn't want to go taking anyone out now.
Those Russian Boomer Subs "sleeping" 2 miles off the west and east coast of the US, should be able to do just that, sleep.

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Russia can huff and Russia can puff but it won't be able to blow the house down. Russia is massive yet its Military budget is smaller than the UK's. They do not have enough forces to be offensive outside bullying a country like Georgia. If it came to it NATO could take Russia out along with Syria and Iran.

Nothing personal here, but your way of thinking is dangerous I think! They don't need to have superiour
conventional forces, They have loads and loads of huge Nukes.
Now are we to gamble the life of millions and millions of people, that they will back down and not
get involved.

They backed down over the Cuban missile crisis, they were in wrong then, I ,personally don't think they are in the wrong this time.

It's about time America backed down for once. As for Israel i have come to loathe that little maggot country.

If there were no Israel the world would be a far healthier place.

edit on 15-1-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Mabey thats the end game plan.If Iran gest attacked look for regime change in Russia and China?..Its funny when a big war gets planned theirs heaps of unemployed to fill the army especially youth Unemployed.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Russia and China are both goals for the US in a strategic standpoint.

Russia's threats are just what was being looked for. Iran can be crushed immediately, that's not a problem unfortunately. A war with Russia is ultimately what is being looked for. We have the resources, funding, training, and experience to take them out. Russia needs to be careful what it does because it's falling into the trap.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

If it came down to it, I think we would see the dissolution of NATO over this. I don't care how much smaller the military budget is. China, India, Venezuela, Pakistan, North Korea plus many others backing Russia up? No. I see both sides huffing and puffing with whoever tries to blow the house down, will see their own house gone.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

How is he out classed?

Second line!

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Israel would kick Russia's @ss.

OH PLEASE!! Israel is afraid Iran would kick it's butt. Russia could handle Israel with no problem.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Those subs are not a threat.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmirage0311

How so? I am just wondering how subs within miles of your shore are not a threat.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Russia and China are both goals for the US in a strategic standpoint.

Russia's threats are just what was being looked for. Iran can be crushed immediately, that's not a problem unfortunately. A war with Russia is ultimately what is being looked for. We have the resources, funding, training, and experience to take them out. Russia needs to be careful what it does because it's falling into the trap.

Control freaks :shk:

How can Iran be crushed "immediately"? If they're so easy, why did Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, etc. last so long?

MADness.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

When was the last time Russia won a war? and when was the last time they fought in one?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Could you explain to us why the a "Typhoon class" SSBN is not a threat.

Armament: 1 × 9K38 Igla SAM
2 × 650 mm (26 in) torpedo tubes
• RPK-7 Vodopad AShMs
• Type 65K torpedoes
4 × 533 mm (21 in) torpedo tubes
• RPK-2 Viyuga cruise missiles
• Type 53 torpedoes[2]
D-19 launch system
• 20 × RSM-52 SLBMs
Notes: Ships in class include: TK-208[3] TK-202 TK-12[4] TK-13 TK-17[5] TK-20[6] TK-210

edit on 15-1-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

They do not sit outside our shore like you are trying to claim. Those subs travel throughout international waters and is not a way of Russia boasting military might. Their traveling is financially motivated, and a way to show that their technology still works. After the K-77 Russian Juliett-class sub sank in 2007, it deterred many buyers of Russia's military technology. Russia needs the money. They are not as technologically advanced as they should be.

If there were subs along our coast, they would be the first things to be destroyed if a war breaks out.

Again, they are not a threat, nor are they secretive.
edit on 15-1-2012 by blackmirage0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think that when tensions are heightened the Russians would likely maneuver their subs closer to the US. I don't really know enough about ASW to comment on how successfully we might intercept them
edit on 15-1-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity
reply to post by michael1983l

Mabey thats the end game plan.If Iran gest attacked look for regime change in Russia and China?..Its funny when a big war gets planned theirs heaps of unemployed to fill the army especially youth Unemployed.

Excellent point!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmirage0311

So what's your take on Russia's ICBM's then, have we got nothing to worry about
from these ?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Yes. A sub that carries 10 multiple independently targetable reentry vehicle nuclear weapons can't be considered a threat, right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join