It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIA: Attack on Tehran is an Attack on Moscow

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

This is when I , as President of the United States of American, IMMEDIATELY go on national and world television and tell Russia to shove it. Or foreign policy will not be dictated by ANYONE. If we go to war with Iran it is not Russia's business. If they feel the need to defend Iran then they have assured their own destruction and I advise the people of Russia to leave their country immediately as we do not want the Russian people to die for the sins of their government. The United States WILL NOT be threatened PERIOD. Then I walk off of the stage not taking any questions.

However, the President that we have was born without balls. He takes his orders from Valerie Jarrett who WE DID NOT ELECT.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It's kind of amusing how americans are so confident in their military and that Russia stands no chance - it's funny, really. Same goes for your views on Iranian forces.

If the american government and military was as confident they would've attacked already. There's just too much at stake. They were probably trying to convince the russians and the chinese but they are not so sure Iran is the Devil.

It saddens me to think that the US needs to suffer heavy casualties and deal with massive domestic protests. Only then you will question your foreign policies. Maybe you will quit pillaging other nations and focus on trading.

On the other hand, I hope it never happens because civilians have nothing to do with these imperial games and they will be the ones paying the bill. That being said, I have nothing against the american people.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

ews have suffered all over and it seems only place they have not is the US and some other western nations

The Jews in Iran are being left alone in peace..

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

You are correct, sir. Iran does not jump at the opportunity to provide foriegn aid, AKA invade soverign nations under a false pretext.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by candcantiques

This is when I , as President of the United States of American, IMMEDIATELY go on national and world television and tell Russia to shove it. Or foreign policy will not be dictated by ANYONE. If we go to war with Iran it is not Russia's business. If they feel the need to defend Iran then they have assured their own destruction and I advise the people of Russia to leave their country immediately as we do not want the Russian people to die for the sins of their government. The United States WILL NOT be threatened PERIOD. Then I walk off of the stage not taking any questions.

I am sure the President of Russia, whoever he is, will reciprocate the advice to Americans, to vacate their country, should their country attack Iran.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Radical Shiite leaders including the Ayatollah believe they can bring about the return of the "Mahdi" known to them as " Twelfth Imam, Muhammad al-Mahdi" who upon return will rule for a period of time and rid the world of wrongdoing injustice and tyranny... He is the redeemer of Islam.

Really, we gonna try this angle again.
By any chance , you watch the " I pledge allaiance to Israel debate" or listen to what Sanitorium has been saying lately. The rulers of Jesusland , formerly the USA, scare me more than any Muslim. They believe the Rapture will save their sorry butts, and the scary part, they DO have working nukes, lots of them.

Ok, are we really going to get all anti USA again. Yeah thats definitely a new angle!

Please....you simply cannot compare us to the crazy leaders of Iran. Lets keep in mind who's phone rings when the world dials 911. Does Iran ever jump at the opportunity to provide foreign aid? Do they ever go out of their way to defend other countries that are being bullied, or experiencing mass famine, natural disasters etc?

Sure, the US is not perfect, not by a long shot. But I cant think of any other countries that spend so much money to actively provide aid for foreign entities that publicly HATE them.

I wrote a piece about how much the US gives Muslim countries a while back. Enjoy.

(I wrote this before learning that the US is indeed an "empire," with the overthrow of Gadaffi. Facts have a way of transforming one's world view.)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I've been listening to Voice of Russia radio all afternoon & this topic hasn't been mentioned once. So I doubt anyone in authority has said "an attack on Teheran is an attack on Moscow". I'm sure it might have been on the news, somewhere, anywhere.

Respectfully suggest that the OP is nonsense.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I read to about page 5 and realized that there is some very distinct "ignorance" on thoughts and beliefs on strategic nuclear warefare. It's ok, not surprising and your forgiven
. I have studied both at the university level and on my on on this subject. Been kind of a weird obsession since I saw the miniseries, "the Day After" in 3rd grade.

In a convential war the US and NATO have the edge. Technology primarily, command, control, and experience as well. Plus the Russian Conventional forces aren't near the size they used to be. Yeah they could draft and bring in lots of old 70's tanks they have in storage.

But this post has to do with the nukes.

I don't have time to link tons of sources (other then wiki, because those articles have links to many others if you want to do serious reading). Everything I am going to say is out "there" in various content and available if you do your reading. It's also off the top of my head. If I get time later I might try to do a more researched post.

Lets's start with,

Russian ICBMs and US counters

These are a threat. While we have made some serious strides in ABM (antil balistic missile technology)most of this is based on short and medium range, tactical missiles (like the SCUD). By using Patriot and Navy AEGIS equipped ships. While there are great strides being made with the Ground Base Midcourse Defense system and the Airborne laser, at best we could stop a "ROGUE" nation attack of ICBMs. An attack of say, not much more then 10 or 15 missiles fired from say N, Korea or Iran (which is how the system is currently oriented).

The Russian Strategic Rocket Forces are beleived to currently have in service 377 ICBMs with about 1,279 warheads. There is no way any currently deployed US system could defend against this. They might get a very small percentage, but you still have probably 1000 warheads landing on the US. To say these are not a threat is idiotic, other then the Russians KNOW that we would respond in kind if they launch.
For more see:

en.wikipedia.org...

However; the Russian land based ICBM force (Strategic Rocket Forces as they call it)

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Russian Submarine Strategic Weapons:

Here they are a little weak and while potent are not beleive to be a threat. The Russians have never been entirely comfortable with the thought of large numbers of their strategic weapons off out on their own. To much risk of falling into enemy hands via accident or defection. Their current force is undermanned and typicall not on patrol.
However, the Russian's have 3 current classe of SSBNs. Delta III, Delta IV , the Typhoon class, and are constructing the Borei class, one of which should be operational late this year.

there are 5 Delta IIIs, 7 Delta IVs, 1 (yes 1) Active Typhoon with 2 in a reserve mothball status, the remaining 3 were scrapped. Several comments were made about "being two miles off our coast". That's not likely. First if they were there right now they are violating international waters and laws, not to mention both the US and Russia have agreed to keep their SSBNs much further out ( I beleive 250 miles minimum) to avoid any problems. Russian SSBNs can fire their missiles from dock, and typically patrol under the Arctic and do not come close to the US as the SOSUS warning system would likely detect them the minute they cross several key choke points where we have set up the SOSUS system. Further more, I know several submarine officers in the US and WHEN (its rare) the Red Boomers go to sea they are routinely followed by a US attack sub when they leave Russian waters.. It is often beleived that (except for announced tests) that under certain rules of engagement (situation at the time location of sub etc) that if the US sub "hears" the missile tubes being flooded, they have orders to sink immediately. So between them RARELY going out, being followed when they do, and the US orders at the time, the subs aren't considered much of a threat.

The Russian Bomber force is small, and is routinely intercepted.

A Strategic Nuclear war between the US and the Russian Federation, would play out pertty much how we feared it would in the 80s, although both sides now have far less warheads. Instead of tens of thousands of warheads, you would have only about 1500. Nice thought. Although both sides tend to target each others ICBM fields and other facilities rather then cities. Still the results would be devestating.

Here is some other good info on Russina Nuclear forces.

armscontrol.ru...
This one only goes to 2002

www.nukestrat.com...
Scroll down and notice how the patrol areas got closer to home over the years.

Out of space, but this is enough for now.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Can we please just launch all of the nuclear weapons, all of the chemical weapons an all of the biological weapons? Who ever survives does so by GOD's will and is the winner and let those people run the world that exists.

OR

Learn to live with a bunch of power hungry a$$holes that keep the lights lit, water in the pipes, food on the table and clothes on our backs while half of us refuse to do anything but collect a check and go run our marathons.

OR

if you think you can do it better then STAND UP and do it.

Otherwise I ask everyone, how much of the truth do you think we are told? Do you think that we will ever be told the truth? Who is to say that if ALL of the truth were exposed to all of the peoples in the world that it wouldnt CAUSE MORE WARS AND DEATH. Do I completely trust the powers that be? He!! no but please explain to me how we are going to stop them and more importantly PROVE their actions wrong BEFORE they act. Proving someone wrong afterwards is easy.

The FIRST thing that must be done is get Russia to BACK OFF. We do not accept threats as a nation and to back down shows weakness. Weakness puts ALL Americans in danger. If you dont believe me take a walk in the poorest sections of a major city one time. Once you do you will understand exactly how threatening to ones safety weakness can be. Till then support your country, stand up and make it better or GET OUT.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Can we please just launch all of the nuclear weapons, all of the chemical weapons an all of the biological weapons? Who ever survives does so by GOD's will and is the winner and let those people run the world that exists.

LMAO. Best. Idea. Ever!

Good point!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I pity the iranian and russian masses.

The iranian masses presumed that the russian bear is protecting them, but in truth, it's only the russian mafia, that rules russia today, in control.

With sanctions of free will in place by other nations and covered by other M.E. states,...think.

The price of iranian oil will sink, and rather than to go to wastes, will be sold to anyone who wants it. The russian mafia will buy it up by the bulk with discounts and sell through the numerous legitimate corporations they have as a third party and profit immensely, together with the turban headed persian infidel leader who gets to keep his power with funds for the economy.

But the ones whom will be short-changed are the iranian masses. Resources belong to the People, and not to the ruler in this enlightened day and age. By selling cheaply, that persian infidel leader had cheated the People, when if he only come clean with his world domination ambitions, the sanctions would not have occured.

The russian mafia aint gonna sell it as cheap as they bought from iran. Heck!, they are corporations, out to scam others as a jungle right of survival. The petrol pumps and electricity aint gonna be any cheaper, and will be more, and explained away as 'risks', and even sold to other foolish nations at a higher price to make a buck at the expense of all.

The russian mafia cares not a hoot for any human except themselves, as proven by the corruption in russia today, dirtying even the generals and politicians. Who will not seek for a dachua in Crimea for retirement with endless funds? Only the russian mafia, with its ill begotten gains from drugs, prostitution, smuggling, etc, has that kind of funds to launder, as it did to Italy today.

Nor do they care for the Syrian masses whom had been murdered by the thousands, and yet there are other Syrians whom together with the russian mafia support the beast Assad.

I weep for the iranian, russian and syrian common masses. At times like this, I understood why our Creator had to destroy the biblical Soddom and Gomorrah. It was an act of mercy for His creations there suffering under immense deprivations of barbarism.

I appeal to all, to come to their senses. For those with religious faith, our Creator is watching...

And for those whom still support tyrannism, repression and murders of innocents despite all evidences forthcoming, how could you conscionably do so?..

edit on 16-1-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by silvercrow

I am not real sure why you think that. That is one of the youngest and most immature opinions in my opinion you could have. If you have any life experience , you probably wouldn't have that kind of opinion.

At least i hope so.

This isn't the medieval ages.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Were you trying to contribute in any way?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Woah, calm down there Donald Trump..

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by silvercrow

If you have seen the last 20 post i have contributed? Yes. Feel free to send me a private message. You should go back and take a new look at your opinion.

There is nothing i can contribute to this thread regarding your opinion instead of letting you know. You perhaps need a reality check.

I am not trying to insult you , but what you posted in my opinion ... shows that you have done very little research. Feel free to post facts to support your opinion. Or post some kind of information with your opinion that can be looked up.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The President of The United States of America should be HARD CORE, should not take ANY threats lying down or backing down. The safety of this country and all of its citizens depend on a STRONG President.

"APPEASEMENT ONLY MAKES THE AGGRESSOR MORE AGGRESSIVE". -Dean Rusk, Former SoS

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The us and uk, and possibly the french, will eventually invade both Iran and Syria.

Guess what the ruskies will do? Bugger all. They wont use nukes cause they will get flattened and none of their nukes will hit uk or the states. They will lose a conventional war, yes I may not know anything about their defences but I can guarantee you that the States and the UK do know.

IMO, the Cold War never ended. We (brits and american government) are still spying on them, as they are with us. The only threat to USA is another civil war. And possibly if UKIP get into power and try to get the empire back. But both of those won't happen.

All this pety disagreements between the west and Russia needs to be left behind and instead, both work together on space exploration.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think the headline quoted by the OP is slightly inflammatory, as other posters have pointed out. Here is what was said:

“Iran is our neighbor,” Russia's outgoing ambassador to NATO, Dmitry Rogozin, told reporters in Brussels. “And if Iran is involved in any military action, it’s a direct threat to our security.”

This could mean any number of things. At the least it seems to me that Russia might be sending a message to NATO/America, "If you do anything to Iran, tread carefully. In fact, it would be wise to consider letting us know in advance the exact parameters of your intended actions."

Bottom line, the Russians may do business with the Iranians but they don't like nutty Islamic regimes any more than anyone else.

Incidentally, if your are a Ferrari salesman (Russia) and you have a wealthy customer (Iran) who can't do without a Ferrari (nuclear hardware), but who totals his Ferrari every six months, what could be better?
edit on 16-1-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by candcantiques

We do not accept threats as a nation and to back down shows weakness

It is the US that is creating the threats in the first place... The US loosing strength fast and many countries and people in the world are glad the US has done an appalling job as a single superpower. The sooner China rises to the challenge the better.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Do we know anything about the reputation of this news source? They fear monger in the first paragraph mentioning ww III like its something every one is on board about and sure of. I do not see this type of reporting in the main stream news media.
Is CNN or MSNBC reporting any of this.?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join