It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the other dimensions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I have been wondering what really is other dimensions. Is Heaven and hell a dimension? Are dimensions just like ours with different people? Or completely different surroundings with creatures we've never seen? Maybe all of the above. Just wondered what you guys think.

I do believe Heaven and Hell are, but i've heard there are many dimensions. I've always been a curious creature so this is interesting to me. Do people really have proof of other dimensions? Anyway, just wondering what y'all think about the subject. Forgive me if there is another thread on this. I looked and seen dimension threads but couldn't find one like this one. If there is one mods, please remove my thread. Thank you

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well the first four dimensions we consist within the confines of. They are our reality.

The others, we are at the moment unable to comprehend. I believe heaven and Hell exist here around us on another plane of existence, which we can experience through our consciousness in certain states. Maybe this is the 5th dimension.

What the other dimensions are is anyone's guess.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There are two answers for other dimensions, try a google seach, and you will find them. One is not science and is about the astral plane, etc.

The other is about science. Physics, and quantum physics, not that I am an expert, but I am really interested.

This is a good lay persons explanation: www.pbs.org...
There is a good book, fiction, called "Einstein's Dreams" by Alan Lightman, which is also good, but it will give you a headache, lol

I am sure there are some brainiacs on here who will chime in with some better answers.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Iamschist because: spelllling lol

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I wondered the same thing, then I stumbled across this video. I thought it was very interesting. It could help shed some light on what the other dimensions are, and how incomprehensibly complex our universe really is.

Ten Dimesions

edit on 15-1-2012 by BagOfDrewshness because: grammar

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

A "dimension" is commonly understood as a mathematical construct for defining a measurable spatial attribute.

We currently can 'see' three dimensions; which we can arbitrarily call length, height and depth.

But time also is a dimension, with each second being equivalent to approx 386,000 meters along the axis of time.

There is significant mathematical proof of the existence of higher dimensions, at least up to the 11th dimension, but we don't 'see' them. We can, however, explain much about our universe by extrapolating actions off into these alternate dimensions.

The theory as to why these dimensions are unknowable; is that they are not planar (flat) like the ones we do know, but are in fact 'rolled up' to diameters smaller than our eyes or equipment can resolve.

String theory, brane theory and all that come after are reliant upon the concept that there are things that we can observe which, because they touch these other dimensions, seem to have too little energy, or require too much energy to achieve what we observe. This could be understood as if the path of action reaches out into these invisible dimensions, so we can't see the full results of the action.

Heaven and Hell, while they might have dimensional properties, are not individual dimensions in themselves. Their existence may well extend into other dimensions, but they are more likely to be a construct of many dimensions at once.

The confusion comes because people have used the word 'dimension' when they should have used 'plane of existence'.

There is a really good, and short, book about understanding dimensions called "Flatland, a romance of many dimensions" by Edwin Abbott. It was written nearly 100 years ago now but is quite readable. Here's a link

Cheers

edit on 15/1/2012 by chr0naut because: Technical reasons

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Wow! Some of that went over my head but was very interesting! You seem to know a lot about this subject. It is so fascinating and complex, it's a lot to soak in. Do you think that some people actually get a glimpse of other dimensions? I've heard of people seeing things especially older people.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BagOfDrewshness

I loved this video! It made it simple and easy to understand. thank you for posting it.

My daughter was sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast one day and out of the corner of her eye she seen a guy in a white T-shirt and jeans walk past the kitchen. She got up and looked.... no one was there. She said he looked like a regular guy, nothing weird about him. Could she have had a glimpse of another dimension?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBit111
reply to post by chr0naut

Wow! Some of that went over my head but was very interesting! You seem to know a lot about this subject. It is so fascinating and complex, it's a lot to soak in. Do you think that some people actually get a glimpse of other dimensions? I've heard of people seeing things especially older people.

There are ways to visualize what multidimensional objects might look like. The "10 dimensions" YouTube video previously posted by BagOfDrewshness is a good place to start.

Odd things can happen in these alternate dimension topologies that defy our simple 3D view of the world. Things like a particular rotation, in one of these higher dimensions, could turn us inside out, or swap our left and right sides.

The best way to understand alternate dimensions is to extrapolate from what we do know in 3D and to 'move off' in another direction. This gives a 4D object, displayed in 3D (like when we draw a picture, we are showing 3D objects in the 2D 'world' of the paper).

The Flatland book will give you some pointers there.

The rest, well, is mathematics and a little concentration.

Surprisingly, young children seem to grasp multidimensionality quicker than adults. So we've all got what it takes "up-stairs", we just have to un-learn a bit.

Have fun

edit on 15/1/2012 by chr0naut because: more technical reasons

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone has pictures of creatures/people from another dimension? I have also heard about people vanishing in front of others and I'm thinking that they may have slipped into another dimension.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BagOfDrewshness

gave you a star for that vid, makes it easier to understanding 10 dimension theory,
i've heard of 11 dimensions since the 70's by the paranormal side of things and only recently in the physic side of things.
*********************************************************************************************
pertaining to the topic,

i wonder what dimension they consider thought, imagination, ego, alter ego and the likes of consciousness to be in?
Then there would be another dimension that must be able to interact and change with it, so in this dimension we can be any and every one in any and every path.

So i can say i know how you feel because I am exactly you and all the other you's that are you in every dimension.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
My opinion regardless what other dimension is more into what things or beings in other dimension.
From those characteristic i think in other dimension beings and stuffs that have less denser masses and higher vibration. It is like molecule in the water that expand when it become gas.

Imagine a hollow ball and there is an object inside it as an object in 3rd dimension. Then imagine a bigger hollow ball with the ball before inside it. And the object before expand getting bigger but less denser with the same amount of molecule to fill the bigger ball with same proportion with the smaller ball. It vibrate and move faster than before. The bigger ball is 4th dimension and the object move into 4th dimension. Then another bigger ball as 5th dimension.

There are lots of story in here about people "dissapeared" into another dimension and some people just went to other dimension for lots of reason. These days in here, not many people with that ability anymore, but still can find some who can "transport" an object into or from other dimension. Lots of antiques or treasure still in other dimension.

When someone have stuffs in other dimension or permission to own that, they need to find someone to transport it back to 3rd dimension. I have saw some of it. The biggest items i ever know when my friend have these really old furniture made from stone like jade. It dated 820 AD or around. It consist of chair, a table, 4 smaller chairs and a box all made from stone with weight around 500 kg. Even it wasnt him who transport it, but the entity who gave it, what he did just stay in front of a house on the pedestrian walk, covering an empty space with fabric and there it was.

One thing i notice when my teacher "transport" some diamonds in this empty land, put some can on the ground, the heard loud sounds like the cans got shoot with air riffle and its move. Then open the cans imediatelly and found a diamond in each can. Those diamond glowing bright enough and was so hot. Then he took them in his palm, doing something to cooling down and lock it. For small object with any media i have known it was always glowing or light, even looks like burn with fire, very hot and kind like was throw to that direction when it just transported.

Hope this might help a bit.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I once asked a friend about ley-lines and got this answer:

'trains and station is a way to understand but there is more. ley lines can make a target area of physical world accessible in spirit. this grid along earth surface creates a terra boundary so that contact can be made yet not passed through unintentionally. i might stand on earth without passing to regions below it.

if a spirit wishes to exit into physical world at destination, there must be a point of access. a host, a power source, a portal
'.

BTW, standing stones function as portals.

I asked about the Rephaim and what happens to them when their physical bodies perish....
'Hades or 'sheol' as its named in Hebrew is where you might encounter some rephaim, though most roam alternate dimensions of earth. Some nephil spirits are also trapped in bodies of water.'

More info...
'spirits can and do move, though they move through a dimension separate from the physical world and the space they move through has a correlation to space in the physical world.

possession is not the same as materialization..possession is taking control of someone else's body whereas materialization is the spiritual entity actually entering into the 3-d physical world.( not easy for them to do) a spirit can not and does not rely on touching and possessing one host after another because not every person can be possessed nor do spirits rely on this means to move...if they want entrance into the physical realm they are likely to pick a host whom they can inhabit and stick with them. The containments for human spirits i mentioned were the places where spirits of dead humans are kept after they have departed the body...for believers, this would not just be a drab waiting area, but a paradise of being present with Messiah.
'

So it seems that there are many dimensions that are running parallel with this one in real-time. It is possible to access these worlds via astral travel and sometimes in dreams.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
I once asked a friend about ley-lines and got this answer:

'trains and station is a way to understand but there is more. ley lines can make a target area of physical world accessible in spirit. this grid along earth surface creates a terra boundary so that contact can be made yet not passed through unintentionally. i might stand on earth without passing to regions below it.

if a spirit wishes to exit into physical world at destination, there must be a point of access. a host, a power source, a portal
'.

BTW, standing stones function as portals.

I asked about the Rephaim and what happens to them when their physical bodies perish....
'Hades or 'sheol' as its named in Hebrew is where you might encounter some rephaim, though most roam alternate dimensions of earth. Some nephil spirits are also trapped in bodies of water.'

More info...
'spirits can and do move, though they move through a dimension separate from the physical world and the space they move through has a correlation to space in the physical world.

possession is not the same as materialization..possession is taking control of someone else's body whereas materialization is the spiritual entity actually entering into the 3-d physical world.( not easy for them to do) a spirit can not and does not rely on touching and possessing one host after another because not every person can be possessed nor do spirits rely on this means to move...if they want entrance into the physical realm they are likely to pick a host whom they can inhabit and stick with them. The containments for human spirits i mentioned were the places where spirits of dead humans are kept after they have departed the body...for believers, this would not just be a drab waiting area, but a paradise of being present with Messiah.
'

So it seems that there are many dimensions that are running parallel with this one in real-time. It is possible to access these worlds via astral travel and sometimes in dreams.

Rapha that is one of the best post's I've seen on ATS. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well, if you want the opinion of an apprenticing astrophysicist, there are 10 accepted dimmensions and an 11th dimmension that theorists and mathematicians are arguing over. The first three dimmensions are directional: up down, left right, forward backward. The fourth dimmension is what got Einstein's panties in a bundle: time. The other 6 dimmensions are on a microscopic level and are rather negligible to our daily conscious lives. They're there, mostly, for mathematical stability. The debate over the 11th dimmension is whether M Theory and parallel universes exist or not. This opens up pandora's box for physicists since it could possibly answer questions such as the weakness of gravity compared to other forces such as magnetism and so on.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Semperly because: Spelling errors

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Furthermore, I feel there is some sort of misunderstanding as to what people perceive as a dimmension. Hollywood has certainly skewed the majority's perspective to make it mean a parallel universe whereas a dimmension, in fact, is more like having a blanket over you or an additional layer of clothing. Another way to look at it is if you've ever seen those anatomy books that show the skeleton, then the muscles, then the tissues, and so on (I'm no biologist). That's really what dimmensions are. If you'd like to investigate parallel universes, then visit the idea of the 11th dimmension because that is where physicists argue they exist.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBit111
I have been wondering what really is other dimensions. Is Heaven and hell a dimension? Are dimensions just like ours with different people? Or completely different surroundings with creatures we've never seen? Maybe all of the above. Just wondered what you guys think.

I do believe Heaven and Hell are, but i've heard there are many dimensions. I've always been a curious creature so this is interesting to me. Do people really have proof of other dimensions? Anyway, just wondering what y'all think about the subject. Forgive me if there is another thread on this. I looked and seen dimension threads but couldn't find one like this one. If there is one mods, please remove my thread. Thank you

If you are talking about dimensions in the spiritual sense, heaven and hell are very real places. There are an infinite number of spiritual dimensions (Id bet infinite spatial dimensions as well), and really there is no limit to the things, creatures, and places you can visit. There are a multitude of heavens, and hells. Some of consensus, others personal.

The dimension adjacent to the physical is the Astral. Its extremely difficult to tell you what its like if you have no conception of it through direct experience. For as big as the physical universe is, the astral is a magnitude greater in size.

There are dimensions more farther removed than the astral from the physical, and indeed there is no point of termination when there are no dimensions left. Creation is unending, and boundless. Our perspectives are what makes it seem that things are finite and ending, when in reality what we perceive as the "end" of something is really just our viewing of a horizon that we are not in a position to look beyond. Just as no one ever assumes there is nothing over the physical horizon, nor should anyone assume there is nothing over any other horizon.

But anyway, the hell realms are always in the astrals lower planes (however not all lower planes are hells), and depending on who you talk to, the heavens are either in the upper astral planes, and/or in the dimension another step away (The "mental", "heaven", "Devachanic", etc plane).

If you become adept at Astral Projection, you can readily explore the astral planes. If you become a real master at it, you may even touch upon planes beyond the astral, which words are truly remiss at describing the grandeur of. Even the astral, words are not adequate to describe. Over there, you can see colors that while in the physical, we have absolutely no reference point for, feel feelings that are impossible here, and hear sounds that are beyond imagination; thus they are all nameless and as incomprehensible to those who havnt seen/felt/heard them, as green and blue are to the person whose been blind from birth.

I highly recommend everyone learn to consciously OBE. There is very little you can take with you when you die; knowledge of what to expect is one thing you can, and is more valuable than any possible fleeting physical thing imaginable.

Do people really have proof of other dimensions?

Dont look to science to prove it. Lots of theories and numbers are meaningless. Experience it for yourself, and youll never have to ask for proof; youll know

edit on 1/17/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Thank you so much for posting! It's so interesting. Do you know how they get trapped in bodies of water or why? I have never heard of this before.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Semperly

I like the way you describe it with the anatomy books. Very cool!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

i too thought id watched something that said 11 dimensions

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

What are the other dimensions?,
I feel they can be related to far distance locations from Earth
Dark energy or dark matter locations that span for many light years where AWARE energies exist
Nebula or LIGHT ZONES where AWARE energies may exist
Black hole opposite sides where AWARE energies may exist
Heaven yes
Hell yes
3 dimension or 3d Earth/SPACE is where we are communicating now with 3 dimensional keyboards and computers unless channeling from elsewhere and able to interwebs interface..
edit on 1/18/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join