Idiots hunting Big Foot shooting in woods behind my house.

page: 4
17
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I would sneak up wind to there camp with a can of bear repellent at about two in the morning and empty the can.

Or even spray skunk scent over there tents




posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
the title itself made me lol

I can see how this can become a serious problem though



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
have you called the local US forest office for hunting in US forest is a no no or it was , the laws change so fast , any give them a call. what good it would it do , peace of mind that you did something


Your wrong plenty of National Forests allow hunting, Here in Pa you can hunt the Allegheny National forest or the George Washington national forest in Virginia all you want. Its National PARKS that don't allow hunting.



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I'm all for looking for Big Foot. But, there are a group of idiot Big Foot *hunters* creating a ruckus in the National Forest behind my home.

If you've seen the cable network show Finding Big Foot, you've seen the guys doing their big foot calls...a loud drawn out yell, ending in a high pitch. I live on top of a mountain that is known for Big Foot sightings, along the Appalachian Trail, surrounded by National Forests.

Yesterday, last night, and now today, there are a bunch of yahoos up here hunting for Big Foot. Between them giving *the yell* and their guns blasting afterwards, my dog and goats are stressed to no end.

Did I mention they are also yelling..."there's a Big Foot now,...shoot him"....

It wouldn't do any good to call the sheriff dept as they are over an hour away, and they'd laugh at me to boot.

I just wish, that tv shows like the one on tv, portrayed the serious researchers instead of the stereotypical drunk red neck blasting his way to fame with a Big Foot carcass....

Any suggestions ? I just hope they don't shoot any of my goats....


Have you entertained the idea that maybe, POSSIBLY, Those howls you heard were actually bigfoot? That those "Yahoos" actually SHOT at bigfoot? Maybe even KILLED bigfoot? Just stay tuned to the next episode of "Finding Bigfoot" were the trailer has a guy saying "look there's bigfoot now, shoot him" and turning out to be a "wild" goat... Sorry.



posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSleepCreep

Originally posted by Destinyone
I'm all for looking for Big Foot. But, there are a group of idiot Big Foot *hunters* creating a ruckus in the National Forest behind my home.

If you've seen the cable network show Finding Big Foot, you've seen the guys doing their big foot calls...a loud drawn out yell, ending in a high pitch. I live on top of a mountain that is known for Big Foot sightings, along the Appalachian Trail, surrounded by National Forests.

Yesterday, last night, and now today, there are a bunch of yahoos up here hunting for Big Foot. Between them giving *the yell* and their guns blasting afterwards, my dog and goats are stressed to no end.

Did I mention they are also yelling..."there's a Big Foot now,...shoot him"....

It wouldn't do any good to call the sheriff dept as they are over an hour away, and they'd laugh at me to boot.

I just wish, that tv shows like the one on tv, portrayed the serious researchers instead of the stereotypical drunk red neck blasting his way to fame with a Big Foot carcass....

Any suggestions ? I just hope they don't shoot any of my goats....


Have you entertained the idea that maybe, POSSIBLY, Those howls you heard were actually bigfoot? That those "Yahoos" actually SHOT at bigfoot? Maybe even KILLED bigfoot? Just stay tuned to the next episode of "Finding Bigfoot" were the trailer has a guy saying "look there's bigfoot now, shoot him" and turning out to be a "wild" goat... Sorry.


You are bad...really really bad...in a you just tickled my funny bone bad.

I have heard what I thought might be BF up here in the past. Others in the valley heard it too, and the local hunters were quite intrigued by the loud mournful yelling late at night. Some of the men who travel to other states to hunt, said the closest they've heard that was similar was male elk in rutting season. Too bad we don't have elk up here.

It was a soul wrenching sound. One that indicated extreme loss, and pain. I hope to never hear it again. Or, if I do, there is something I can do to help whatever creature made that hours' worth of crying out to the darkness.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)
edit on 17-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by TheSleepCreep

Originally posted by Destinyone
I'm all for looking for Big Foot. But, there are a group of idiot Big Foot *hunters* creating a ruckus in the National Forest behind my home.

If you've seen the cable network show Finding Big Foot, you've seen the guys doing their big foot calls...a loud drawn out yell, ending in a high pitch. I live on top of a mountain that is known for Big Foot sightings, along the Appalachian Trail, surrounded by National Forests.

Yesterday, last night, and now today, there are a bunch of yahoos up here hunting for Big Foot. Between them giving *the yell* and their guns blasting afterwards, my dog and goats are stressed to no end.

Did I mention they are also yelling..."there's a Big Foot now,...shoot him"....

It wouldn't do any good to call the sheriff dept as they are over an hour away, and they'd laugh at me to boot.

I just wish, that tv shows like the one on tv, portrayed the serious researchers instead of the stereotypical drunk red neck blasting his way to fame with a Big Foot carcass....

Any suggestions ? I just hope they don't shoot any of my goats....


Have you entertained the idea that maybe, POSSIBLY, Those howls you heard were actually bigfoot? That those "Yahoos" actually SHOT at bigfoot? Maybe even KILLED bigfoot? Just stay tuned to the next episode of "Finding Bigfoot" were the trailer has a guy saying "look there's bigfoot now, shoot him" and turning out to be a "wild" goat... Sorry.


You are bad...really really bad...in a you just tickled my funny bone bad.

I have heard what I thought might be BF up here in the past. Others in the valley heard it too, and the local hunters were quite intrigued by the loud mournful yelling late at night. Some of the men who travel to other states to hunt, said the closest they've heard that was similar was male elk in rutting season. Too bad we don't have elk up here.

It was a soul wrenching sound. One that indicated extreme loss, and pain. I hope to never hear it again. Or, if I do, there is something I can do to help whatever creature made that hours' worth of crying out to the darkness.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)
edit on 17-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)


I enjoy spending my time in nature as well. Granted, I don't live on top of a mountain but there are many animals that produce haunting, beautiful sounds. I'm not trying to disprove or prove what ever the creature was that made that sound you heard. All i'm saying is that you are lucky to have such an experience that many others will not. Take care friend, and keep your eyes and ears open out there.



posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone
 

Contact your local US Forest Service Law Enforcement officer. These guys (and girls) are Federal LEOs who conduct patrols and investigate crimes in National Forests.
www.fs.fed.us/lei/



posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by baron4406

Originally posted by bekod
have you called the local US forest office for hunting in US forest is a no no or it was , the laws change so fast , any give them a call. what good it would it do , peace of mind that you did something


Your wrong plenty of National Forests allow hunting, Here in Pa you can hunt the Allegheny National forest or the George Washington national forest in Virginia all you want. Its National PARKS that don't allow hunting.


Being a PA boy myself, 100 % correct about hunting in ANF. Gotta stay in "season" though, I'm not aware of there being a BF season in PA. That is poaching if an animal is taken out of season and the PGC truly LOVES to issue fines for poaching and can conduct searches w/o warrants.

Derek



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I really laughed out loud. The college I attended was in North Georgia along the Appalachian Trail and sighting of the odd and unusual were pretty standard along with the laundry list of undergrad ghost stories and campus legends. One day upon leaving the dining hall I saw a newspaper clipping on one of the campus bulletin boards which stated a "Research team was assembled and would be researching the area around the town, any one with information should get in touch." The number was given and there was also a "town hall" meeting with the research team. Young, interested, and easily excitable I was sold! I got more information and went to their meeting...yeah..."research team" was a pretty big stretch. It more so reminded me of good ol' fashion deer huntin' party. Their equipment was mostly tradition hunting gear which had been cheaply rigged to kind of seem like big foot search gear but not really. Natural Lite and boiled peanuts were served as well. No joke. Now as a country boy myself I understand and find these people endearing however I too would love to see someone really approach an investigation properly, or maybe just more stealthily. I mean after all if bigfoot is out there I think he can distinguish between his actual mate and a drunk dude "hollarin" in the woods. I'd run and hide too if I heard that. We seem to be fairly close maybe we should just go do it ourselves. I am very interested in hearing more about sightings in your area. Aside from bigfoot we had the opposite as well who we called "littlefoot". A professor's wife and long time resident of the small town once told me "These mountains run deep, anything can hide in there." She then told me stories of a little person (people?) that lived in the mountains and were rarely seen but she swears up and down that she watched one run by her window late at night and up the ridge into the woods. I never thought much of it until one cold winter after a show I was out on a trail and saw tiny footprints in the snow. The looked like the bare feet of a child. Obviously in those temperatures no one would let a kid out bare foot. I still get chills when I think about what I saw. It could have been anything but until proven otherwise I will always believe in the magic creatures of the mountains.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernPilgrim
 

Welcome to my crazy thread MP...hope you don't mind the abbreviation of your user name.

Yes, it does sound like we are fairly close. Right now, it's heated up to a whole 19 degrees outside. BF could be throwing a block party, and I won't go out in this cold.

I'll do some research on your tale of the little feet, and ask some of the real old timers up in my area. Thanks for telling me about them. I'm sure any stories I might hear, will be associated with the Indians who lived here way before us.

Enjoy your trek through ATS...it's a long and winding path...


Des



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
You're def right about them being idiots, no true hunters would wildly go after anything.

I wonder if you *they* need a license to hunt BigFoot. I'd just pin a slim jim on my hat, and when the rangers showed up, say "just messin' with him"



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CivilSheppard
You're def right about them being idiots, no true hunters would wildly go after anything.

I wonder if you *they* need a license to hunt BigFoot. I'd just pin a slim jim on my hat, and when the rangers showed up, say "just messin' with him"


Thanks for the laugh...they haven't been back since I posted about it. Drunks and guns...bad mix....



Des



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


Oh man, never let it be said that GRA isn't guilty of some unorthodox posts. Why don't you just tell the guy/girl
to put on an ape suit and go running around out there ? So heshe can draw their fire away from the real bigfoot and
maybe get him/her to waste all their Ammo. Make sure the suit has a button down flap in the back for mooning purposes.


We really need gender indication on this site.


No not for bigfoot ! You......
edit on 9-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone
 


God I can't stand those retards on finding bigfoot. I mean I am a strong beleiver in bigfoot but those guys make it hard to be

Because then everyone watches it and assumes everybody that believes in bigfoot are stupid rednecks. And I also don't get how they get funding to keep making the show when they never find anything?

But yeah hope those drunk idiots don't come back OP. I'm loving this thread



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by doodles40
reply to post by Destinyone
 


God I can't stand those retards on finding bigfoot. I mean I am a strong beleiver in bigfoot but those guys make it hard to be

Because then everyone watches it and assumes everybody that believes in bigfoot are stupid rednecks. And I also don't get how they get funding to keep making the show when they never find anything?

But yeah hope those drunk idiots don't come back OP. I'm loving this thread


I don't like that show either. It makes all us Southerners look like chaw spittin' shine guzzlin', gun totin' sloths....


Now, it's not to say some of us aren't that way....but, come on, give me a break will ya.....


I will admit, I'm convinced if BF does exist....these woods are the perfect place for him and his family.

Des



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone
 


Yeah agreed! Because I mean aren't a lot of those forest areas still pretty mysterious? Like havn't fully been explored?

And oh yeah sorry I wasn't meaning to say all southerners were like those idiots



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by doodles40
reply to post by Destinyone
 


Yeah agreed! Because I mean aren't a lot of those forest areas still pretty mysterious? Like havn't fully been explored?

And oh yeah sorry I wasn't meaning to say all southerners were like those idiots


I know you weren't saying that. But, that Finding Big Foot show makes it seem that way....


Yep, the forests up here are pretty mysterious. It's still one lane gravel and dirt roads up here. Love it I do.

Got lost one time in my own back yard.
Chasing bears out of my yard is a regular Spring event. One time had a huge buck who wouldn't let me in my own house. He decided it was his and kept stomping the ground and grunting at me, while lowering his rack and shaking at me......I got back in my jeep, went for a ride....when I returned I flew up my steep driveway with horn blaring to make sure it was all clear.

Des







edit on 10-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by doodles40
reply to post by Destinyone
 


God I can't stand those retards on finding bigfoot. I mean I am a strong beleiver in bigfoot but those guys make it hard to be


I hear ya bobo kills me and i think the chick that hang with him has a crush on ole bobo.

The one guy over them is a smart a$$. Can't think of his name but he makes bobo look smart.



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I'm all for looking for Big Foot. But, there are a group of idiot Big Foot *hunters* creating a ruckus in the National Forest behind my home.

Yesterday, last night, and now today, there are a bunch of yahoos up here hunting for Big Foot. Between them giving *the yell* and their guns blasting afterwards,

Did I mention they are also yelling..."there's a Big Foot now,...shoot him"....

Your threads headline proves to me that bigfoot is probably real,because "very few" people are going to go roaming around the woods and isolated deep forests day or night,dressed up in a bigfoot costume and risk getting shot and killed,not to mention the fact that bigfoot was seen hundreds of years ago by pioneers and early settlers and was also seen by native americans all over north america long before the europeans arrived...
edit on 10-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
First off don't call the police, call the park service and/or the fish and game commission.
If that doesn't work then play this real loudly:

Follow it up with making some really loud squealing noises, and I will bet you they'll be gone in a big hurry.





top topics
 
17
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join