It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiots hunting Big Foot shooting in woods behind my house.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm all for looking for Big Foot. But, there are a group of idiot Big Foot *hunters* creating a ruckus in the National Forest behind my home.

If you've seen the cable network show Finding Big Foot, you've seen the guys doing their big foot calls...a loud drawn out yell, ending in a high pitch. I live on top of a mountain that is known for Big Foot sightings, along the Appalachian Trail, surrounded by National Forests.

Yesterday, last night, and now today, there are a bunch of yahoos up here hunting for Big Foot. Between them giving *the yell* and their guns blasting afterwards, my dog and goats are stressed to no end.

Did I mention they are also yelling..."there's a Big Foot now,...shoot him"....

It wouldn't do any good to call the sheriff dept as they are over an hour away, and they'd laugh at me to boot.

I just wish, that tv shows like the one on tv, portrayed the serious researchers instead of the stereotypical drunk red neck blasting his way to fame with a Big Foot carcass....

Any suggestions ? I just hope they don't shoot any of my goats....

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Why are they "shooting" big foot with guns? I thought you meant "shooting video" not actually SHOOTING!

Idiots.

You should really go out and return fire. When they shoot, you shoot up in the air, and then make the bigfoot call yourself!
Maybe they'll run off.

Do you have a slingshot? Toss some rocks up over at them everytime it gets quiet! They'll think they've had a bigfoot experience!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
put on a gorilla costume and run... nah, just kidding.

dont worry they'll grow tired of it after a while, or they'll get drunk and shoot one another

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

My suggestion would be, whatever you do dont go out there as whatever you may look like I am sure it is closer to bigfoot than what they are currently shooting at.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Lol indeed, what could be scarier than a bigfoot with a gun?! They surely will seek the fastest way out

edit on 15-1-2012 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
:Any suggestions ? I just hope they don't shoot any of my goats...."

Heres what you do , get a giant big foot doll

Fill it up with stink bombs , really hard to remove paint , tar , and rotten food in a sealed plastic bag.

You put an explosive in there , so soon as they get close it explodes all over them , they won't be back for a while

Second thing you can do is screw up there game and scare them , Get really scary scound recording on loop , but make sure its long and alot of variety , wolfs , bears , and other animals that would scare you at night , The louder the better .

Place the speakers in differnt locations , and keep it on loop at night . Solar powered device would work great.

third thing you can do , is set up booby traps all over the forest like in that movie home alone lol

Eventually they will see they are just being messed with and throw in the towel lol

Don't you get scared of living up in the mountains ?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10

dont worry they'll grow tired of it after a while, or they'll get drunk and shoot one another

There needs to be some cleaning of the gene pool for real , their on the road to success .

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Why are they "shooting" big foot with guns? I thought you meant "shooting video" not actually SHOOTING!

Idiots.

You should really go out and return fire. When they shoot, you shoot up in the air, and then make the bigfoot call yourself!
Maybe they'll run off.

Do you have a slingshot? Toss some rocks up over at them everytime it gets quiet! They'll think they've had a bigfoot experience!

I was outside rounding my goats back up, and did think of returning the call...then I remembered I was wearing a big fluffy black jacket with fur trim on the hood...decided not to yell back. Was actually afraid I might get shot.

Moonshine and younguns with guns are a norm up here...this is the first time, I know of, they are hunting Big Foot.

Deer, bear bobcat wild pigs yes....not Big Foot. I just hope it doesn't become the new thing to do up here. I really don't want a bunch of drunk kids knowing about my guns....they break into the vacation cabins up in this area just for fun, they get bored easily I guess.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I sense a striking lack of foresight with those bigfoot hunters, and maybe you should've called the police, or at least alerted the park rangers.

I don't see any good coming from an individual targeting a tall, bipedal figure... at night.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Tell them Bigfoot caught a flight over to my place in Yorkshire UK. We eat rednecks here

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Is it not illegal to shoot a Bigfoot in your state? There are many states that have taken proactive action for many good reasons. #1, if there is a Bigfoot, it is certainly an endangered species. #2, as others have said, shooting at a tall bipedal creature in the dark is an extremely dangerous idea, and #3, shooting at a sound is the worst possible thing any gun-user can do! Hopefully they are not just wildly shooting at the sounds, and if they do, then hopefully they will shoot each other before any innocent people get shot.

If your state doesn't have a law against shooting Bigfoot, then you should call your legislator, and if it does have such a law, then you need to call the park rangers on these idiots!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
Tell them Bigfoot caught a flight over to my place in Yorkshire UK. We eat rednecks here

Wish I could....don't want them here. The last national big foot story out of my area, was the two yahoos who had the BF costume in a deep freezer and tried to sell the damn hoax. Remember that one? Yep, neighbors up here

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
have you called the local US forest office for hunting in US forest is a no no or it was , the laws change so fast , any give them a call. what good it would it do , peace of mind that you did something

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Is it not illegal to shoot a Bigfoot in your state? There are many states that have taken proactive action for many good reasons. #1, if there is a Bigfoot, it is certainly an endangered species. #2, as others have said, shooting at a tall bipedal creature in the dark is an extremely dangerous idea, and #3, shooting at a sound is the worst possible thing any gun-user can do! Hopefully they are not just wildly shooting at the sounds, and if they do, then hopefully they will shoot each other before any innocent people get shot.

If your state doesn't have a law against shooting Bigfoot, then you should call your legislator, and if it does have such a law, then you need to call the park rangers on these idiots!

Can't find any data on BF being protected in the State of Georgia. They are shooting today, now...last night too. Must be camping somewhere near here....ugh.

My best hope is that BF finds them first and takes them out....

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I can't either.

Apparently the law Failed to Pass in Florida, and in Canada.

Here! Contact Georgia Bigfoot Society and let them know what is going on! It would be in their best interest to come out and stop the shooting at least!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I can't either.

Apparently the law Failed to Pass in Florida, and in Canada.

Here! Contact Georgia Bigfoot Society and let them know what is going on! It would be in their best interest to come out and stop the shooting at least!

Thank You. I will call and email them. I've heard my own share of strange calls in years past, and have wondered if it could be BF. but if it is...my motto is "let em be"...they were here long before me. If they are here, I'm a guest in their home.

It just pisses me off to hear these idiots yelling and shooting in their quest for BF...and endangering livestock and others in the process...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'd certainly make the call to the police so the report is started anyway. They may do nothing right now, but if the idiots are caught doing something worse before they break up and go home then your report will help insure the next one is taken in the context it needs to be. Idiots with guns being a menace to everything in the world around them.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
How many guys are out there shooting do you think?

I would still call the authorities if i were you..

just to be safe and have a report filed about it..

kinda like a CYA..ya know......

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Suggestions: Dress up like a monkey and run round in the woods?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'd certainly make the call to the police so the report is started anyway. They may do nothing right now, but if the idiots are caught doing something worse before they break up and go home then your report will help insure the next one is taken in the context it needs to be. Idiots with guns being a menace to everything in the world around them.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

There are no houses behind mine...only National Forest. I don't know if you've ever lived in an extremely rural area, where hunting is a generational way of life....I'd be laughed off the mountain for calling the police about hearing gunshots.

It sounds good in principal, but it won't get you anywhere. If I called and said someone had been shot, then they'd show up here in about an hour. And the local fire and rescue, those not out hunting, would provide medical service until other help arrived.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join