It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To everyone on ATS, do you still have faith in your governments?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I know that there are many people here on ATS from different parts of the world, and I started this thread to just ask you all, do you all still have faith in the governments of the countries you all currently reside in? I know for myself, I feel like the American government is beginning to represent itself rather than the general public. I feel like we are only limited to the either the GOP or Democratic party. I feel like there is nothing left anymore for the people. The issue of being Republican or Democrat goes out the window when there is no more food on the table. The issue of humanity is what kicks in. This goes to everyone on ATS, including, moderators, staff, site owners, everyone, do you feel the government has given up on the people and has taken an initiative for their own personal gains? Do you all believe that they have given up on humanity? I would love to hear your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

I lost most of my faith in my government when it went to war illegally.

I lost all faith in my country when it let the government bail out the banks and let its citizens go homeless. Then refuses to help each other.

In the USA it is not just the government that has turned evil. Most of its people have turned into selfish uncaring ignorant consumers that care for no one but themselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I have faith in government. Government is a tool, it is a mechanism, it is a method by which the people can organise society and resources to achieve things together which no individual could do alone.

What I do not have faith in is mankind's ability to see beyond themselves and plan for the future.

Our government is corrupt and self-centered because WE are corrupt and self-centered.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have lost faith in my Government and I live in Canada. I also have no faith in powerful private industry lobbyists. corporations and blackmailers that want to stomp out Governments through inside corruption in order to privatize everything under the sun. Prime Minister Stephen Harper is a Zionist shill who is trying to make it an official crime under law to criticize government policies in Israel. He is also willing to back up the US and Western Powers in their illegal declarations of war against foreign countries.

The extent of Harper's misuse of power becomes clearer when you realize that the Conservatives are replicating some of the worst practices of the Republicans under George W. Bush and Dick Cheney:

Consolidating executive power; eviscerating the legislative branch; operating under extreme secrecy (by keeping an iron grip on information, through endless court challenges and censoring/redacting documents); riding the coattails of the military and questioning the patriotism of political opponents; and forcing out public servants who refused to fall in line.

The Canadian Arab Federation lost funding after its chair attacked Ottawa's pro-Israeli policies. Now the same fate has befallen KAIROS, a Christian aid group, for "taking a leadership role in the boycott, divestment and sanctions campaign" against Israel, boasts Immigration Minister Jason Kenney, the designated Tory bulldog in charge of attacking real or perceived enemies.Text

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Of course not. Governments have not had the peoples best interests at heart for a very long time. The politicians who run the country eventually leave and take up work for the bqnks and other large intitutions.

The politicians are as corrupt as they come.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
forgot the link thestar.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
No.
It`s impossible to have faith in a Government who along with other western Governments sold out on their people to a world Cabal of murdering power hungry Bastards.
Unfortunately, i don`t think we`ll ever return to the days that we had at least some faith.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I have faith in the process.
I have faith in the Constitution.

I don't have faith in the people.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yes. And No.

I have total faith in our system of government. I have total faith in basic Capitalism.

HOWEVER. A government like ours relies on an informed populace.

We have a problem with the over use of classification of information.
We have a problem with corporate control of our media.
We have a problem with bureaucracies that are side stepping the basic framework of the constitution. It is the bureaucracies that are falling prey to corporate interest and cronyism. It is allowing the corruption in the agencies to spread to Congress and the executive branch. (I think the judicial system is more protected from that, but they have their own pressures.)
We have a problem with not only the above but with WILLFUL ignorance of the population.

Now the way I see it the US still is a very strong chain. The problems above are not as much weak links as they are KNOTS in the system - like a fine gold link necklace that has been left laying around too long and it has got tangled beyond recognition.

The only solution is to put everything under a magnifying glass and to get to work getting the knots out. It can be a lot of work but it can be done without damage to the necklace.

The alternative is to melt the thing down for scrap and make a new one, and that's much more work, and there's a much greater chance the gold will end up in something totally unrecognizable.

So the way I see it, each of those things needs to be resolved.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I never had faith in the US government to begin with so that is my answer.

The US government is now far worse than the government the Founders fought against. We would be more free under King George than we are now.

The path being taken by the current criminals in DC is unsustainable. Peaceful revolution is being made more impossible by the day. JFK spoke of what happens when peaceful revolution becomes impossible.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I lost faith in our government sometime in my early 20's.
It was so obvious that politicians lie.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There was a time where I lost faith in everything (government, media, corporations, people, ...) when coming to terms with some of realities through the internet. After some time to cool off, settle down and further explore these issues I can see that government is still making some positive moves despite some of the limitations placed on it. Government is not god, it is an organisation that is working and competing with many other organisations, sometimes they lead, sometimes they follow.

While the Australian government is dropping the ball on GMO and war, it is doing a good job on many other fronts. On the global scene, the US government does appear entrenched in fear and corruption as the closet is bursting at the seams with all the skeletons in it. I am not sure how it is working for the local people on the ground.

Wither I have faith or trust in government depends on the issue and its ability to respond.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I'm an American (Texas), and I have no faith or trust in our government. From the president, right down to the local police. They are supposed to be public servants, but they act as if they are the sovereign, and we should bow down to their "authority". It's all been turned inside-out and back-asswards. The death of our nation as we once knew it is now within sight. We should all get prepared for all-out tyranny. It's coming....faster and faster now. =(
Noro

new topics

top topics

join