It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make a list of Pyramid theories

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
In this thread I'd like to make a list of all the pyramid theories that exist:

I would suggest we follow the folowing criteria:

General parameter: the theory should refer to the Egyptian Pyramids as a whole or more likely to the Giza only.
It should set forth a theory that explains the method of construction, motivation for, reason behind, age of or purpose of the pyramids that differs from the concensus presently held.

1. Name of the theory
2. Who created it
3. SHORT description, 2-3 lines of the main point
4. Title of the book and ISBN if it exists for the book

Example one:

1. Biblical prophecies

2. Charles Piazzi Smyth

3. The pyramid inch was a God-given measure handed down through the centuries from the time of Shem (Noah's Son), and that the architects of the pyramid could only have been directed by the hand of God. He also advanced the theory that the Great Pyramid was a repository of prophecies which could be revealed by detailed measurements of the structure.

4. The Great Pyramid: Its Secrets and Mysteries Revealed, ISBN 978-0517264034

Example two:

1. The Giza Power Plant

2. Christopher Dunn

3. Shows how the Great Pyramid possibly created a harmonic resonance with the Earth, allowing this crystal edifice to convert the Earth's vibrational energies into an unlimited supply of electricity

4. The Giza Power Plant : Technologies of Ancient Egypt, ISBN 978-1879181502

Example three:

1. Ancient astronauts from Nibiru

2. Zecharia Sitchin

3. That the pyramids (Giza) were ground makers for incoming alien astronauts

4. ?? Unsure of which of his books he first makes this claim - who can provide this information?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I believe humans have been around much longer than mainstream science admits. We were probably much more advanced than we are now.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

A the great pyramid was a water pump

1 - the great pyramid was a water pump

2 - various idiots

3 - pretty self explainatory pyramidiocy , the utter stupidity of which is highlighted here pay special attention to the animated image

4 - google "pyramid pump "

B the pyramids were made of concrete

1 - the pyramids were made of concrete

2 - j Davidovits

3 again self explainitory pyramidiocy

4 google concrete pyramid Davidovits

pyramidiocy abbounds - i dont have time to list all of them

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
In this thread I'd like to make a list of all the pyramid theories that exist:

Example two:

1. The Giza Power Plant

2. Christopher Dunn

3. Shows how the Great Pyramid possibly created a harmonic resonance with the Earth, allowing this crystal edifice to convert the Earth's vibrational energies into an unlimited supply of electricity

4. The Giza Power Plant : Technologies of Ancient Egypt, ISBN 978-1879181502

I just bought this book!! I'm reading and taking notes for a future thread possibly. I like this theory and always have. IDK why but in makes some kind of sense to me. I don't think they Great Pyramid was a burial tomb to begin with. It just doesn't seem right and doesn't fit imo.

Can you post links to threads or sources for the other theories you posted? I love the pyramids and I enjoy reading all the theories on them. It does make your head hurt after a while but it is interesting and very educational at the same time.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Can you post links to threads or sources for the other theories you posted? I love the pyramids and I enjoy reading all the theories on them. It does make your head hurt after a while but it is interesting and very educational at the same time.

Thanks.

Good idea, I'll let the thread run for a few days then make up a summary with links

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

A the great pyramid was a water pump

1 - the great pyramid was a water pump

2 - various idiots

3 - pretty self explainatory pyramidiocy , the utter stupidity of which is highlighted here pay special attention to the animated image

4 - google "pyramid pump "

B the pyramids were made of concrete

1 - the pyramids were made of concrete

2 - j Davidovits

3 again self explainitory pyramidiocy

4 google concrete pyramid Davidovits

pyramidiocy abbounds - i dont have time to list all of them

Oh but please that is what we need a list of all the good/bad theories, thanks for one good one!
edit on 15/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well it isn't a theory but I think the Grand Gallery was was a ramp to haul up the heavier stones for the King's Chamber. Perhaps I'm just stating the obvious here.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The pyramids were built by aliens to show earth to other aliens.This is supposedly why they aligned with the stars.I think this is more/less Eric von Daniken,s theory.?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I like the planetary/magnetic current grid hypothesis, which is attributed to the Coral castle that Edward Leedskalnin built and he stated he possessed the knowledge of the Egyptians. The man quarried and moved tons of stone by himself and only used a simple wooden tripod.

"I have discovered the secrets of the pyramids, and have found out how the Egyptians and the ancient builders in Peru, Yucatan, and Asia, with only primitive tools, raised and set in place blocks of stone weighing many tons!" - Edward Leedskalnin

According to author B.J.Cathie an authority on grid dynamics, "there exists an all-encompassing global grid with direct harmonic relationship to the speed of light, gravity, magnetics, and earth mass. All major changes of the physical state are brought about by harmonic interactions of these manifestations. The controlled manipulation of these forces would make it possible to instantaneously move mass from one point to another in space/time."

Coral Castle

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
1. Internal spiral ramp

2. Jean-Pierre Houdin, Bob Brier

3. Houdin and Brier proposed an internal ramp structure was used to move stone up the pyramid as opposed to an external ramp. As evidence they offer a microgravity scan of the pyramid which depicts a sprial pattern as seen from the apex.

4. Web site:
Dassault systems 3ds.com - Khufu reborn

Wikipedia:
Jean-Pierre Houdin

Book:
Khufu: The Secrets Behind the Building of the Great Pyramid by Jean-Pierre Houdin, ISBN 978-9771730613, Farid Atiya Press, 2006

Interesting post Hans, should make for a good side-by-side comparison of various theories.

I think I've seen all the various construction theories, but I'd love to hear of the more esoteric theories on their existence and 'who dun it's'.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thank you Blackmarketeer for the response and reading the OP!

Interesting post Hans, should make for a good side-by-side comparison of various theories.

I think I've seen all the various construction theories, but I'd love to hear of the more esoteric theories on their existence and 'who dun it's'.

Well that's the idea - I've not seen a list like this since the late 1990's and couldn't find that list - much has come up. I suspect there is about 80-100 such theories but I stand by to be amazed!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Here's another one that is very popular;

1. Giza–Orion correlation theory

2. Robert Bauval (1983)

3. The three principle pyramids of the Giza plateau are laid out exactly as the three stars of Orion's Belt - these stars being associated with Osiris and the afterlife.

Discussions in Egyptology, volume 13, 1989
The Orion Mystery: Unlocking The Secrets of The Pyramids, Robert Bauval, Adrian Gilbert, 1994 ISBN 0-09-942927-6
Web site:
The Giza Pyramids as a Stellar Representation of Orion's Belt, Robert Bauval

This theory has been expanded on by Graham Hancock and several others, to the point that other pyramids, the Sphinx, and even the Nile are part of the representation of Orion.

It's also one of the early uses of "archeoastronomy", to date a site by it's last known alignment with a particular astronomical correlation (real or imagined).

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Update added in the two from Blackmarketeer - thanks BM - that gives us five - rather a poor showing - perhaps the effect of the long American weekend

1. Internal spiral ramp

2. Jean-Pierre Houdin, Bob Brier

3. Houdin and Brier proposed an internal ramp structure was used to move stone up the pyramid as opposed to an external ramp. As evidence they offer a microgravity scan of the pyramid which depicts a sprial pattern as seen from the apex.

4. Web site:
Dassault systems 3ds.com - Khufu reborn

Jean-Pierre Houdin

-

1. Giza–Orion correlation theory

2. Robert Bauval (1983)

3. The three principle pyramids of the Giza plateau are laid out exactly as the three stars of Orion's Belt - these stars being associated with Osiris and the afterlife.

4. Discussions in Egyptology, volume 13, 1989
The Orion Mystery: Unlocking The Secrets of The Pyramids, Robert Bauval, Adrian Gilbert, 1994 ISBN 0-09-942927-6
The Giza Pyramids as a Stellar Representation of Orion's Belt, Robert Bauval

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well,Hanslune,I would say the mists,but I won't go there.

Here are my top five theories.

1. Orion’s "belt" and the pyramids.
That one is the most plausible.

2. The alternate theory.
The size ratios for the three large pyramids are compared to the four inner planets.

3. Planet motion.
The three pyramids have an angular separation demonstrating the orbital periods for Earth and Mars.

4. Planet distance and orbital eccentricity.
That would be Mercury,Venus ,Earth and Mars.

5. Locating the Sun.
The location of the Sun is calculated using the three pyramid positions, they representing Venus, Earth, and Mars.

That is may two cents worth.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Howdy Kdog

Could I call on you to give more information on those? If you are feeling generous please provide the information in the suggested format taht would be appreciated and speed the process!

Thanks

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by kdog1982

Howdy Kdog

Could I call on you to give more information on those? If you are feeling generous please provide the information in the suggested format taht would be appreciated and speed the process!

Thanks

Sure thing,Hans.
I will skip the Orion one since that has been hashed over many times.

Lets start with this one.

There is a vast amount of gained knowledge contained within the Giza pyramids.
By placing the structures in pre-designated locations and building each pyramid to a specific size and height, allowed the ancients to convey many messages for those who could realize their intent.

Where we have failed, is our inability to focus directly at the objects presented to us…. the three large pyramids !! An old cliché states…"We cannot see the forest for the trees". The pyramids do direct us to the Orion constellation, however the ancients left numerous "clues" for us to consider also.

Primarily they focused on something much closer than the Orion constellation …the inner planets of our solar system: Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars!

By some remarkable coincidence, the three pyramid bases are directly proportional to the physical size for these four inner planets. The questions to be asked are; how could the ancients know planet dimensions, and how did they present four various sized planets using only three pyramid structures? Astronomers should have realized the first indicator; it is the physical relationship between P1, P2, and P3 when compared to Earth, Venus, Mars, and Mercury respectively (Ill. 2).

www.gizapyramid.com...
edit on 16-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Forgot to add.......

www.gizapyramid.com...

www.barnesandnoble.com...

Sorry,didn't find the ISDN
edit on 16-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Sorry Kdog I meant it would be helpful if you provided the information on those theories in the suggested four step format. Thanks anyway!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
There is a theory that the Great Pyramid was built using barges, canals, and water locks.
This theory also contends that the Great Pyramid was a water pump.

The web site is at:
www.thepump.org

There is a video series with computer generated animations about how the Great Pyramid was built using water locks.
This series is at:
www.thepump.org...

There are two books which have been written about this subject. They are:
Lost Technologies of the Great Pyramid
www.Amazon.com...

The Great Pyramid Prosperity Machine
www.Amazon.com...

Thank you,
Steven Myers

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Hans

Surely it does not matter what any of the theories say, if the proponents have working scale models then they are probably on the money, This does not of course apply to symbolic, numerological, tomb or religious ideas. anyone with a functional view should at the very least have evidence of all the parts from antiquity, standard physics (unless pseudo/new science is employed) and working devices.

Patently this approach falls down in magic energy grids, microwave transmitters and other absurd incongruous ideas. The guys with the water are on the right thread, despite the contempt expressed above. Pump is not strictly correct when it comes to Cheops but water is vital.

As for the majority of the pyramids they are stepped as opposed to geometric and work as solar collectors/storers under simple passive solar principles. The detail is on this link
Ancient Solar Premise

Each step pyramid supported between one and a hundred solar chambers, each housed a dark stone that was warmed by the sun. The heat was then used in the grand solar agricultural industry of antiquity. These devices work, unlike a lot of the other proposals.

Giza is another matter, just follow the water!

I have run the comparative studies of theories of ancient structures myself, tombs is a quite high on the list, but does not stand up to returns on the effort involved.

Regards

Chris

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
2. Christopher Dunn

I honestly think he is onto something but IMHO has missed the mark with his analysis. I also like the questions raised in the Pyramid Code series

That's all I'll say about that for now.

As Always.

Stay tuned

edit on 28-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join