It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What were you in a past life?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
From the movie "Defending your Life"

In the Afterlife, people are allowed to review past lives in a personal movie theatre. One character sees himself as an African tribesman being run down by a lion.

When he emerges, another character asks him "So what were you in your former life?"

"Lunch"

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You just reminded me of a Japanese movie I saw about an old abandoned building being used by ghosts to process the recently dead into the afterlife.

It wasnt scary at all, but rather a drama. The "ghosts" were just actors playin the part of the spirits. These ghosts would interview the recently deceased in this building about the most memorable/pleasant experience from their life. Once the dead person chooses their favourite moment, the "ghosts" build a set of the favourite scene using props etc, trying and recreate it as best as possible. Then they film the person in their scene.

They are then taken to a cinema room and the movie is played for them on a screen. After a few minutes of watching, they disappear ...forever to replay their favourite moment in life.

Its an excellent film, very emotive. The acting is so good it almost feels like a documentary. Especially during the interviewing scenes.

I wish I could remember the film's name.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Maybe your dreams are a world happening at the same time as this life, but you're only conscious of 'being there' when you're asleep. Maybe this man is trying to teach you about your past lifes. Do you keep a dream journal or anything like that? If you want to remember your dreams better, it may help.

I do keep a journal~only it's in my head, that's the best place to keep things that we hold important in life, I always remember my dreams that mean something to me(whether they "really" do or not)
Sometimes I think we think life is so mysterious and confusing-which it is, I agree-but sometimes the answers are so blatent we just can't see them. We are so busy trying to figure it all out,with some deeper meaning that we pass right by the answers, to everything..
Past lives are only a mystery because we make it a mystery. It's like a secret we are dying to know, yet we know already and just don't even realize it. I suppose you just have to open yourself up to the unthinkable and unimaginable to see the answers to all of lifes great mysteries.
But I myself can't even heed my own advice on this...so guess I'll continue to pass all the answers by just like most of us

Magestica

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Since i can remember, i've always had strong ties to Egypt. It may sound strange but i know that once i'm there i'll recognise everything around me. I didn't really believe in past lives up until about 2 yrs ago, even then though, i'd always felt a strong calling towards Egypt for some unknown reason. There are secrets yet to be discovered.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well, I went through a phase where I believed in this. At the time, I believed I must have lived in Japan. I have a driving need to learn martial arts, and especially the sword. Now, I don't believe that I ever was another person, but at the time, that's what I believed. There were several other instances, too. I though I might have been someone who served in a war and got shot/stabbed in the knee because of an intense pain that arrives in my left knee every once in a while that doctors can't explain. Now, I don't buy into that, and Ironically, since finding Christ, my knee hasn't bothered me

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I use to have reaccuring dreams as a child of being a Prince/King of european decent. I'll stick with that

Deep

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
A channeler (so take that with a grain of salt) once told me about two of my past lives.

In on I was a gambler on the riverboats. Don't know if I believe that, but it would explain my love for New Orleans and three piece suits...and gambling...and revolvers.

Though I would think most gamblers used derringers instead of revolvers.

In the other he said I had been an executioner (a head chopper) from the dark ages or maybe earlier I can't remember.

Don't know if I believe him, I don't currently like chopping the heads off things, but who knows.

I personally have always felt a strong pull to both Scotland and Japan.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I've always felt a very deep connection with Norse and Scottish tribal life... barbarians, Vikings, and all that.

It's funny, really, as I'm quite the geek in 'this' life, and would have a hell of a time hitting anything with a claymore or battle axe, much less making a living of it...

[Edited on 4-16-2004 by Xenographer]

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Ditto that too, I've always had an interest in celtic, saxon, norse and Norman times while being a complete coward in this incarnation. Although I too was told by a channeler that in a past life I was a hermit monk in Ireland which would actually make a lot more sense ( I certainly have the sex life and social life of one.)

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I believe my gaurdian angels name is Tofu Alexander..........just kiddn
past lives are "non existent" because the past does not exist

The "past" does have "effect" on reality, BUT the past is
gone, its' energy has relayed into the present
and has made itself prevalent here

dont consume yourself with past existence, it is not relavent. think of the future, the distant "now" because it will reflect on our posterity

If you really "THINK" about your past, it will alway s bring you back to the present...

should a
could a
would a
means more now then it did then...HMMMMMMMMMM?
hurst more NOW then it did then

hurts more now than it will later

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Although I too was told by a channeler that in a past life I was a hermit monk in Ireland which would actually make a lot more sense ( I certainly have the sex life and social life of one.)

Thats a little sad. Maybe I was a hermit monk too. Too bad I can't remember any past lives.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have visions that I was a roman scholar in egypt. As well as a craftsmen (armorer?, structrual engineer) during the late 1100's or early 1200's. A merchant trader during the 1500's or early 1600's living in a small costal city inhabited mostly by pirates. And a commander in some army although I can not place the date or location but the weapons seemed very primitive to todays standards maybe 1800's some time or even 1900's, I know that lamps primarily used oil and you had to boil water on a stove to have a hot bath.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I was a Captain of a ship. Iam not sure what it was called or anything, or what my name whats. I was told this from a personal friend that is a Psycic. I was in a session with this friend and we got to our regular talking about life and all, I said something about my mother. Somthing like "I feel like I have a strange relation ship with my mother, we are friends, not familly, you know what I mean?", he said "yes, I do". He went on to tell me that me and my mother had been friends in our previous lives. He said that I was a Captain of a ship, and that my mother was an Ambassator/Celebrity/Politian type person and that we had first met on my ship and carried on a good friendship throught out that life. Really it makes sence to me, and thats all that matters.

[Edited on 16-4-2004 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have a strange memory of remembering the estate I live in being built I have the memory of standing there watching. The thing is my estate was built in the 1960's and I was born in 1985

[Edited on 16-4-2004 by Mikomi]

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I've always had this strong feeling I was connected to, or knew King Arthur.

There's no other time frame, and location either that I find myself drawn to than his time, and place.

However, I don't believe in past lives. Otherwise, we're just recycled goods.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
to have been someone verrrry special! No regular old Joes up in here ......nope. You guys are all like royalty and #. I feel kinda proud to just be in your presence on this board.

Noone ever says, I was a piece of # bum, the local drunk, or some whore who contracted syphilis and gave it to her baby.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
Noone ever says, I was a piece of # bum, the local drunk, or some whore who contracted syphilis and gave it to her baby.

That is the exact reason that I don't believe in the personality transfer part of it. I use to think that I was a cat in Egypt from a prior life, but I use to take a lot of drugs as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
oddly enough...i've always been an Indian (as in India) female, but in different statures of position. I remember being an old peasant/farmer woman. I can also recall being a wealthy young woman not sure what I did, my memories are just of social situations. I just find it odd that I have only been here before as an Indian, i did live in different places but mainly India....and now even though i'm not from India, I am still Indian.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

to have been someone verrrry special! No regular old Joes up in here ......nope. You guys are all like royalty and (c). I feel kinda proud to just be in your presence on this board.

Noone ever says, I was a piece of (c) bum, the local drunk, or some whore who contracted syphilis and gave it to her baby.

I did. Not that I believe it per se, but I was told I was a gambler and an executioner, that doesn't seem very famous.

Basically in my past life I was a weasel and a killer on some form of salary, what's so great about that?

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj

to have been someone verrrry special! No regular old Joes up in here ......nope. You guys are all like royalty and (c). I feel kinda proud to just be in your presence on this board.

Noone ever says, I was a piece of (c) bum, the local drunk, or some whore who contracted syphilis and gave it to her baby.

I did. Not that I believe it per se, but I was told I was a gambler and an executioner, that doesn't seem very famous.

Basically in my past life I was a weasel and a killer on some form of salary, what's so great about that?

Spiderj

executioner ...killer Still very dramatic...noone was just a guy?...just some guy?...

Noone says, "Yeah the channeller I gave money to told me I was just some average guy that peddled hats and had 4 kids and a wife that sold bread to the country store....blah blah

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join