It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the protests spreading to Europe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I am well aware that there have been protests in europe for the last 3 years.

But i haven't seen a protest changing objectives in as little as 12 hours and in a whole country.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
I'm sorry but, Have you been off the planet for the last few years? Protests have been going on in parts of Europe for the last 3 years. Europeans are nothing like Americans. If you take their stuff away they'll burn down the neighborhood. We just sit around and whine.

The gap between the super rich and everyone else is a worthy thing to address.

Which really doesn't have anything in common with people trying to spend more than they have without any game plan.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
reply to post by antonia

I am well aware that there have been protests in europe for the last 3 years.

But i haven't seen a protest changing objectives in as little as 12 hours and in a whole country.

But there have been protests aimed at taking down European leaders.-Italy witnessed this as well. The protesting has yet to stop in Europe. That's the point, so I'm not sure how you can say "they are spreading to Europe" when they have always been there. The Europeans have a pretty rich history of taking it to the streets.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by antonia
I'm sorry but, Have you been off the planet for the last few years? Protests have been going on in parts of Europe for the last 3 years. Europeans are nothing like Americans. If you take their stuff away they'll burn down the neighborhood. We just sit around and whine.

The gap between the super rich and everyone else is a worthy thing to address.

Which really doesn't have anything in common with people trying to spend more than they have without any game plan.

Aye, I do agree with you on this point. Another issue I think that keeps the U.S. from emulating Europe with regards to protesting is the religious atmosphere in the U.S. Europeans are less apt to be religious. American's are more likely to be churchgoers. While this wouldn't seem to be a factor for a lot of people, I think religious people are less apt to rock the boat so to speak. There is also the whole "government ordained by God" bit. If you believe Jesus is coming back you aren't likely to worry too much about protesting either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join