It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the "Holy Spirit" in Reality a Demon?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

The Golden Rule, gabby: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Treat others the way you would like to be treated.

ahh yes .. I thought you might mean the one given to Moses on the top of the mountain...pretty sure that was way over 500 years before Christ.. and I sort of figured you might attribute it to some other religion...after all Jesus born into a devout Jewish family seems to have been taught by Buddhists from your so called "correct sources"

I see you and vogon like to live by that rule very well...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

God is much more awesome then that. He doesn't let humans control him by his emotions.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

. and I sort of figured you might attribute it to some other religion...after all Jesus born into a devout Jewish family seems to have been taught by Buddhists from your so called "correct sources"
That's right!

These cultures and religions ALL have held the Golden Rule as the number one rule...it is the ONE RULE that they ALL agree on:en.wikipedia.org...

Contents
1 Antiquity
1.1 Ancient Babylon
1.2 Ancient China
1.3 Ancient Egypt
1.4 Ancient Greece
2 Religion and philosophy
2.1 Global ethic
2.2 Bahá'í Faith
2.3 Buddhism
2.4 Christianity
2.5 Confucianism
2.6 Hinduism
2.7 Humanism
2.8 Islam
2.9 Jainism
2.10 Judaism
2.11 Mohism
2.12 Platonism
2.13 Quakerism
2.14 Sikhism
2.15 Taoism

Since the beginning of recorded time, it has been around. Way way way before Jesus Christ was born.

Moses was one of MANY, MANY wise people who have said it, It is the ONE ETHICAL rule that they ALL agree on.

Which, in my opinion, means it is as close to the TRUTH as it can be, just as much as the universal facts that there is a sun in our sky, we all need to eat, to breathe, to sleep, to water.

Now, as for Svali, from the 14-part written interview at educate-yourself.org...

Svali: I just want you and your readers to know that I am NOT an Illuminati expert, nor do I want to be. I am only a survivor who was part of this group, in a lower management position locally.

I was told that around 2020, the Illuminist agenda would be revealed openly. I don't know if this is accurate, or just propaganda that I was taught, or if they have changed this date since I was in the group.

It's hard for me to know how much was cult propaganda, and how much truth is in the claims.

I myself do not know anything about the Bohemian Grove. Remember, I wouldn't have been in a position to have much to do with it.

Nevertheless, the things she does describe are very frightening indeed. She states some very significant experiences, and cannot be dismissed out of hand.

There is no question that occultists do practice. I have known many, personally, even studied with them. The groups that I joined were Wiccan; their number one rule is also HARM NONE.

I chose not to be part of an organized cult of any kind...I still stand by that, but I'm always willing to read more, learn more, consider more...
hope that clears up our misunderstandings.
You say you want me to be safe and saved. Thanks.
I say the same back to you. I'm not the one in a cult who refuses to look into things that feel uncomfortable. I, like you, get frustrated and snappish when I'm mocked and told I'm wrong. I'm still growing and learning and mastering myself to be the best person I can be.
Peace

edit on 20-1-2012 by wildtimes because: linkies moved around and inserted

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'm happy to see you quoted svali correctly.. and she also said the following.

A: The Illuminati is a group that practices a form of faith known as "enlightenment". It is Luciferian, and they teach their followers that their roots go back to the ancient mystery religions of Babylon, Egypt, and Celtic druidism.
They have taken what they consider the "best" of each, the foundational practices, and joined them together into a strongly occult discipline. Many groups at the local level worship ancient deities such as "El", "Baal", and "Ashtarte", as well as "Isis and Osiris" and "Set".

The Illuminati have not created our modern society's ills or weaknesses. But they have encouraged and exploited them, often laughing at the gullibility and lack of moral fiber of the "average citizen". We as human beings have created the familial and social climate that is present today in our country. More and more, this is a climate adversarial to fundamental Christianity and morality. Mankind without God will turn to fill the vacuum, and the Illuminists and other occult groups have rushed to fill it.

To be those who are not merely bystanders, watchers of moral decay, in a world where evil won because "good men did nothing", but instead to be those who follow Jesus and "did something" to make a difference.

I didn't realize you were so deeply entrenched in the wiccan religion wildtimes.

May the mercy of Jesus be with us all .

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I didn't realize you were so deeply entrenched in the wiccan religion wildtimes.

Well, maybe that's because I am not.

I have personally tried out many different religions, and rejected them all. It's been 20 full years since i affiliated or associated with ANY type of religious group. My faith is my own, unique, private, and very effective.
But thanks for noticing (not).

EDIT TO ADD:
Here's what I said in the prior post that you conveniently "missed":
I chose not to be part of an organized cult of any kind...I still stand by that, but I'm always willing to read more, learn more, consider more...
hope that clears up our misunderstandings.

Wiccans are just as much a Golden Rule religion as all the others.
Illuminati are not Wiccans.
Learn the difference.

edit on 20-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Please, wildtimes? Allow me?

The Illuminati is a group that practices a form of faith known as "enlightenment". It is Luciferian, and they teach their followers that their roots go back to the ancient mystery religions of Babylon, Egypt, and Celtic druidism.

And where is the wrong here? "Enlightenment" is now Luciferian?
How did this person come to that conclusion? And also, the author call "Enlightenment" a "faith" now?
According to Dictionary.com
Enlightenment
noun
1. the act of enlightening.
2. the state of being enlightened: to live in spiritual enlightenment.

I see no faith, or any Luciferian things anywhere, do you see any?

the Enlightenment, a philosophical movement of the 18th century, characterized by belief in the power of human reason and by innovations in political, religious, and educational doctrine.
dictionary.reference.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I have personally tried out many different religions, and rejected them all. It's been 20 full years since i affiliated or associated with ANY type of religious group. My faith is my own, unique, private, and very effective. But thanks for noticing (not).

Me too, wildtimes. Researched them all, took some from many and made one for myself. Even my son, and my wife are different with it come to what could be termed as "religion," and I only call myself Wiccan for lack of a better word, or terminology. Wicca has no solid doctrine, no faith things, no sacrifices of any kind, church is where I am, and Deity lives within. Could anyone have it better?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

church is where I am, and Deity lives within. Could anyone have it better?

Nope!
And thanks for pitching in here, auto!
"Church", for me, is riding my horse in the trails by the river;
weeding my garden and planting new flowers;
stroking and playing with and nurturing my animal familiars
;
hugging my children;
looking at the lake below from the cliff-top;
watching a thunderstorm roll in;
seeing snowflakes falling and illuminated while the sun is shining;
listening to a marvelous piece of music...

these things are church to me.

Brightest blessings, autowrench (or if you will, "kindred soul"). It's a wonderful path....
and here's you a
BIG CYBER-HUG

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

o be those who are not merely bystanders, watchers of moral decay, in a world where evil won because "good men did nothing",

Do you have ANY idea?---- no, you don't..------that I live by the rule that
If you see something wrong being done, and you do nothing to stop it, YOU BECOME PART OF THE PROBLEM.

I have said this SO SO so many times.
But you can't see that, gabby, because you are so afraid that other people who are living a life of compassion, empathy, and goodwill but are NOT part of the Catholic Church are going to hell.

Here you go:

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
― Martin Luther King Jr., I Have a Dream: Writings and Speeches That Changed the World

That, you see, is my whole, entire point. But maybe you don't see. Maybe you don't.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I have said this SO SO so many times. But you can't see that, gabby, because you are so afraid that other people who are living a life of compassion, empathy, and goodwill but are NOT part of the Catholic Church are going to hell.

Wildtimes.. what I have said is Jesus is the way to heaven.. and if good people die .. I believe they will be shown by the Holy Spirit at the moment of death, what the truth is.

I have never said that if you are not part of the catholic faith you are going to hell...what I have said is if you refuse the mercy and love given to us through Jesus, even when it is fully shown to your soul, at the moment of death, then you are choosing hell...it has nothing to do with being Catholic, and all about Jesus being the redeemer.

That, you see, is my whole, entire point. But maybe you don't see. Maybe you don't.

Maybe I do see wildtimes.. much more than you give me credit for.. maybe.. just maybe I am trying to do something good, like martin Luther's words...by spreading the Gospel and truth ..of the love and mercy of Jesus Christ.

May the love and mercy of Jesus be with us all, especially at the hour of our death.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

You got the wrong martin.

WildTime said Martin Luther KING JR.

Did you know your religion already contains a martin luther?
Do you realize they are not the same guy?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

You got the wrong martin.

WildTime said Martin Luther KING JR.

Did you know your religion already contains a martin luther?
Do you realize they are not the same guy?

That is who I was referring to vogon... I made the mistake of not including his last name but I was thinking and referring the same one who also said..

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.

God bless you vogon ..may His love bless you in a special way today and may His mercy be with all of us.

I was also under the impression that Martin Luther King Jr was a Christian..but perhaps I was mistaken about that.

I am human and have lots to learn vogon... I make mistakes..I am learning.

edit on 21-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
.......................I was also under the impression that Martin Luther King Jr was a Christian..but perhaps I was mistaken about that...........

How does it possibly matter what religion he followed?

He was an intelligent, inspired man.
He had with well intentioned thoughts, a goal, and a course of action to work towards that goal.

I don't care if he prayed to cat turds behind the local pet store. I respect his ideas.

There is a difference between being religious, and allowing a religion to dominate your life.
edit on 21-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

He was an intelligent, inspired man. He had with well intentioned thoughts, a goal, and a course of action to work towards that goal.

So was Padre Pio ..

His goal of course was to bring souls to Christ , so that they could have everlasting life.

We'll have to see when we get to the other side who in fact did more for the souls of men, and who was more pleasing in the eyes Our Father.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

??????????????????
How does this even come close to answering the question I asked?

You seem to think that Martin Luther King Jr's religion was some sort of deciding factor on who he was.

I said I dont care what his religion was, he was an intelligent decent man.

then you throw your "padre pio" speech into it......

Where in your mind did those topics even combine??

Once AGAIN let me ask......
Why does it even matter what religion Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. followed?

Why?
Why does his choice of religion matter?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

I think religion comes from "to bind". If it doesn't dominate your life you are not religious.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by vogon42

I think religion comes from "to bind". If it doesn't dominate your life you are not religious.

Your life is dominated by a book of stories?

Well, I think that clears up a few questions about your mentality.

Not much point debating with your if your mind is already closed.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

The stories are real.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by vogon42

The stories are real.

Tom Sawyer was based on real people living in Hannibal Missouri, USA.

However I dont let Mark Twain dominate my life.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join