Is the "Holy Spirit" in Reality a Demon?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

history that I may not trust.

answer to number 1.

some will still choose to deny it to their own demise eternally

answer to number 2. (Finally.)

But wait, gabby! You didn't answer number 3!

WHO was it first stated that the Golden Rule was the foremost of all rules, and WHEN?
(Sorry to be a bother, but I'd really like to know what your answer is to this one)

As for this, your question to me:

Why do you always exaggerate so much wildtimes..?

What part did I exaggerate? The 'rude awakening' part? Or the lashing out frantically?

edit on 19-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-1-2012 by wildtimes because: BLEH spelling, formatting.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Oh! And one more thing:

through the apparitions of Mary in Medjugorje.

What happened to Maria Divine Mercy? Is she a quack? What happened there?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

sums it all up quite nicely. They are afraid of being WRONG. They are afraid JESUS isn't coming to get them all.

Thanks, auto, brightest blessings back atcha, bro!

And, yeah. It just makes me a bit sad. Not frantic at all, just....bewildered...but, we each have to walk our own.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
You want me to wash my brain with your human understanding found in books.......

.................. and I am not afraid of knowledge.

Do you ever actually listen to your self?

OR is that what you are afraid of?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The Biblical Creation story was taken directly from The Enuma Elish, the Sumerian Story of Creation, and they are mentioned in that. Even in the Bible is speaks of El.
This sort of conclusion is outdated.
The greats in this subject who did the work to make a detailed and thorough analysis are dead, now and no one has taken on this task to redo those older works so it sort of stands as is until that happens. Meanwhile there are further studies going on and subsequent essays being written but dispersed about and not drawn into one big overriding thesis.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

The Biblical Creation story was taken directly from The Enuma Elish, the Sumerian Story of Creation, and they are mentioned in that. Even in the Bible is speaks of El.
This sort of conclusion is outdated.
The greats in this subject who did the work to make a detailed and thorough analysis are dead, now and no one has taken on this task to redo those older works so it sort of stands as is until that happens. Meanwhile there are further studies going on and subsequent essays being written but dispersed about and not drawn into one big overriding thesis.

How does that dispute the facts? The Enuma Elish and the Epic are a few thousand years older that the OT, that does not make them a dead analysis, it makes then a Source of Origin. Do any of you Christians realize just how young your religion and book is?

The ancient liturgical texts of Mesopatamia was linked with different passages in the Hebrew Bible, for example, the Epic of Gilgamesh has direct parallels with Noah's Ark story, and the Genesis in the Torah parallels directly to the Sumerian creation story, involving the Annunaki, Those who from Heaven Who Came Down.

The Anunnaki version of creationism was based on ancient excavations of ancient documents and artifacts that support the evidence of ancient civilizations being helped by extra-terrestrials. In ancient manuscripts, there are several accounts that imply ancient civilizations having knowledge in advanced science, science that we humans have just learned in the modern era. The double helix model of the DNA, for example, is linked with the double helix snake on a rod symbol, found commonly among medical symbols. This has been linked to the fact that the snake symbol is based of the DNA model, which is some evidence of Ancient Historians having knowledge about the DNA genome model.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I was curious about the DNA double helix association with the caduceus, but when I looked it up in wikipedia this is what I found:

The caduceus is sometimes mistakenly used as a symbol of medicine and/or medical practice, especially in North America, because of widespread confusion with the traditional medical symbol, the rod of Asclepius, which has only a single snake and no wings.

Caduceus

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The Anunnaki version of creationism was based on ancient excavations of ancient documents and artifacts . . .
The academic type scholars used those sources and there was a theory that the biblical creation story came from that but it was before they had the Ugaritic texts deciphered to where people realized that their earlier assumptions were wrong and the Bible better fits the Canaanite standard mythology.
I could tell you where to look if you want to see this spelled out. You can go on Amazon and they have a feature where you can read previews of a book before you buy it and read the translator's (from German into English) introduction of Gunkel's book, Creation and Chaos in the Primeval Era and the Eschaton

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Oh! And one more thing:

through the apparitions of Mary in Medjugorje.

What happened to Maria Divine Mercy? Is she a quack? What happened there?

Like I said.. God is using many messengers .. but much like in history.. His prophets are ignored , and called "quacks".

I used the Medjugorje example because of the scientific studies done on them as they were having the apparitions.

God through His great love for humanity is sending us prophets like never before in history.

As in the words given to Sr. Faustina for us to pray to the Divine heavenly Father

" For the sake of His sorrowful passion have mercy on us and the whole world"

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

What part did I exaggerate? The 'rude awakening' part? Or the lashing out frantically?

Both..as well as the accusations of me hurling you against a wall..and damning you to hell..(in another post)

That one made me laugh.. because I have done nothing but tell you of Gods love and mercy...and try to point you to the truth of that love and mercy.

I damn no one to hell.. and neither does God.. peoples choices reject the love , mercy and truth of the Almighty.

May the love and mercy of Jesus be with us all wildtimes.. it is the key to everlasting joy and happiness.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

accusations of me hurling you against a wall..and damning you to hell..(in another post)

WHAT???!!!

Nono, that's what you do to everyone who gets under your skin.
Attacks like "you're in for a rude awakening", "I have no need to read your books," "you are going to hell for lying,"...
ya know? That kind of thing?

That's what I see when you run out of ammo.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

you failed to answer this one, gabs:

WHO was it first stated that the Golden Rule was the foremost of all rules, and WHEN?
(Sorry to be a bother, but I'd really like to know what your answer is to this one)

Eh? Who said that? (hint: it was 500 years before the birth of Jesus of Nazareth, and not in the same country)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I am not lashing out fanatically..just merely stating my opinion.

Woops! I didn't say 'fanatically', I said
FRANTICALLY

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

accusations of me hurling you against a wall..and damning you to hell..(in another post)

WHAT???!!!

Nono, that's what you do to everyone who gets under your skin.
Attacks like "you're in for a rude awakening", "I have no need to read your books," "you are going to hell for lying,"...
ya know? That kind of thing?

That's what I see when you run out of ammo.

excuse me.. I have no need for ammo.. and I never said you were going to hell for lying.. I said you will go to hell if you refuse to believe in the reality and mercy of Jesus... and if you steer others away from that truth it seriously offends Christ...and His Father.

As far as your golden rule question.. not even sure what golden rule you are speaking of.. but if it was said 500 years before the time of Christ.. it could well have originated from Judaism which has been around since the beginning of mankind.. (all the same basket of religion and commandments..and golden rules)

I'm sorry you see my fervor in the mercy and love of Jesus as fanaticism.

I am praying that someday you will see it differently.

May Jesus have mercy on all of us...for His love for all of us is immeasurable .

I am not frantic wildtimes.. just sad that so many deny the true God and His infinite love for us... perhaps it is you who is frantic?.. and so projects that unto me?.. I don't know.. but you are misreading me if you see me as frantic.

edit on 19-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

As far as your golden rule question.. not even sure what golden rule you are speaking of.. but if it was said 500 years before the time of Christ.. it could well have originated from Judaism which has been around since the beginning of mankind..

The Golden Rule, gabby:
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Treat others the way you would like to be treated.

As a concept, the Golden Rule has a history that long predates the term "Golden Rule" (or "Golden law", as it was called from the 1670s).[2][7] As a concept of "the ethic of reciprocity," it has its roots in a wide range of world cultures, and is a standard way that different cultures use to resolve conflicts.[2][6] It has a long history, and a great number of prominent religious figures and philosophers have restated its reciprocal, "two-way" nature in various ways (not limited to the above forms).[2]
Statements that mirror the Golden Rule appear in Ancient Egypt in the story of The Eloquent Peasant.[8][clarification needed] Rushworth Kidder discusses the early contributions of Confucius (551–479 B.C.) (See a version in Confucianism below). Kidder notes that this concept's framework appears prominently in many religions, including "Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Zoroastrianism, and the rest of the world's major religions".[9] According to Greg M. Epstein, " 'do unto others' ... is a concept that essentially no religion misses entirely."[10] Simon Blackburn also states that the Golden Rule can be "found in some form in almost every ethical tradition".[11]

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

As far as your golden rule question.. not even sure what golden rule you are speaking of..

Wow.....go back to 6 year old bible study class.

And pay attention this time.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I said you will go to hell if you refuse to believe in the reality and mercy of Jesus...

OMG, gabby!
Okay, you go, girl.
Believe what you want...that Jesus is the ONE AND ONLY way...that Svali was telling the whole truth

(btw, she admitted she did not know everything and that much of what she said was just what she had been told, AND that it was very likely all cult propaganda)....

Yeah, I'll go to hell.
Thanks very much, sister in Christ.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I didn't say i didn't agree with his loving side, but he has a wrathful side too and the worlds going to find out what he is like when he's pissed soon enough. Next time Jesus comes he's coming for blood. Once as the savior and last as a conqueror.
edit on 15-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

That's very human-like. Humans have love and hate in them. God IS LOVE, NOT hate, NOT unkind, NOT vengeful and jealous...

Love is patient, God is not gonna get "pissed off", he is mastered at emotions because he created them. He chooses to stay in love and guide all of us to it.

Lol. Have you ever read the old testament? He is long suffering but that patience will wear out. The Edomites and Moabites are going to find out just how angry he is after he splatters their blood all over his clothes and wears them to armageddon.

The kings of old were warrior kings. The Messiah is no less a warrior. Just because he came the first time as a carpenter turned teacher doesn't mean he will again. If you think Jesus can't kick butt go read Isaiah ch. 63 prophecy.

I did an entire thread on this right here. Not just that but he kills the anti-christ and the false prophet. Going to be some righteous anger. Btw getting "pissed" is another word for being angry.
edit on 19-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The Messiah is no less a warrior.

You have a distorted religion that makes Jesus a genocidal baby killer.
That is not normal but pretty much restricted to Messianic Judaism and not real Christianity.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I said you will go to hell if you refuse to believe in the reality and mercy of Jesus...

OMG, gabby!
Okay, you go, girl.
Believe what you want...that Jesus is the ONE AND ONLY way...that Svali was telling the whole truth

(btw, she admitted she did not know everything and that much of what she said was just what she had been told, AND that it was very likely all cult propaganda)....

Yeah, I'll go to hell.
Thanks very much, sister in Christ.

Why do you insist on twisting svali's words now ?.... what she said she wasn't sure about was reptilian stuff...as well as other things...because they were very deceptive in their ways.

I'm not the one damning you to hell wildtimes.. I am seriously trying to show you the way to avoid it.

But since you do not see Christ as the true path..why do you even mock Him by calling me a sister in Christ when in your heart you know you are not?

May we all have the humility needed to reach out for His mercy and His love...along with the great promise of salvation it brings.

God bless you wildtimes.. in the ways He knows you need most at this time.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join